Home

George W. Bush: Pros & Cons

DiRtY $oUtH™

Originally posted by DiRtY $oUtH™

Too bad for you that Bush will get re-elected...sucks for you huh? It's inevitable. So as for my part, the arguement is over. Bush is doing a great job and you can't see it.

Perhaps he will. The incumbant does have the advantage, after all. This doesn't change the fact that the evidence is against the idea that he has done / is doing a good job.

But you still didn't list the "top 10 things the Bush admin has accomplished."

All you've done to date is quote more than you post.

Put your money where you mouth is :D (fingers are?).

I challenge anyone to make this Top 10 List! Note that "accomplished" is underlined. It must be something that has actually been done to success and benefits the United States.

Hell, I'll even start it:

1. Bush & co. put Al Qadah in its place.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tisk, tisk....I think the reason people are tearing down Bush so much is the simple fact that unlike that p*ssy Clinton, he didn't just SAY he would take action, he did! He's an action president and the American people aren't used to it. Also, the press has its hand in delivering bullsh** news to the American people...they have drifted from informing, to gossiping and tearing down people's reputation. I mean, during the vote for California's new governor, the press decided to release stuff about a Schwarzenegger sex scandal! What's up with that? Funny how both he and Bush are Republicans...:rolleyes:

See this goes back to my initial reason for moving this thread from "Yoda's Swamp", to the "Senate Forums". I knew a political argument would develope. It comes as no surprise really, and I have no animosity that this takes place. Skinwalker is more than skilled to handle discussions like these and keep them under control. You cannot expect everyone to post in the thread and agree with everything you say about your favorite president. I am not trying to be the media. I would love nothing more than to find the good in Presidedent Bush, however I am still looking...

What bothers me though is that you criticize us for not finding the positives in our current present, but yet you choose to find the negative in our last president which completely discredits your statement. I never brought the Clinton administration into this, you did. I never brought Arnold into this either, you did. I happen to be a huge Arnold fan, but that does not mean I have to agree with his political agenda, in fact, I don't even live in CA, so it does not concern me quite that much...but that is another conversation by itself, it has absolutely nothing to do with President Bush. I am not about waving the flag for the democratic party either. I am about results. Any politician or government official can make grand speeches, or make ideas look good on paper. What I am about is results, and I cannot put stock faith in plans that will take decades to improve, because I will be too old to bennefit from them. I am about, how can things improve now. I realize that is no easy task, but every armchair politician has a plan, and not many of them work. You are more than welcome to support the president, and that is fine, but when you start threads like this, you need to expect negative feedback. You have no idea that there may be people like me, or families like me that lost a great deal in the past 3 years. That could be families of the war in Iraq, or maybe someone's dad lost his job after 20 years or so, or maybe a private business went bankrupt. All these things have happened. If it would make you feel better, I will pull up a list of facts and quote them verbatim, but what use is it, when I can just walk outside and look at my neighbors with $80,000 homes, who have all had to take on second jobs, and sell their cars just to keep from loosing their property? It is all about results. The media has nothing to do with it.

Try to keep an open mind, and respect other people's opinions too. Constantly tearing down people's opinions, is not a good strategy for carrying on an intelligent conversation in my opinion. Did I ever insult you for supporting Bush? No, and I never will.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Perhaps he will. The incumbant does have the advantage, after all. This doesn't change the fact that the evidence is against the idea that he has done / is doing a good job.

But you still didn't list the "top 10 things the Bush admin has accomplished."

All you've done to date is quote more than you post.

Put your money where you mouth is :D (fingers are?).

I challenge anyone to make this Top 10 List! Note that "accomplished" is underlined. It must be something that has actually been done to success and benefits the United States.

Hell, I'll even start it:

1. Bush & co. put Al Qadah in its place.

Well, read this for yourself...its a list of accomplishments under the Bush administration that have benefited the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Airline Strikes Averted

In 2000, the total number of employees in the major airlines was 672,294. In 2002 it was 585,890.That's 86,404 people out of work in the first 2 years of Bush's office for just one industry!

More recently: US Airways Says More Cuts Are Needed

Ailing Carrier Posts Loss of $90 Million

United recalls 300 flight attendants

Spring/Summer Plan

In February, the FAA began implementation of a new plan to reduce the number of delays travelers experience both on the ground and in the air during the peak spring/summer travel season.

I don't think I need point out to anyone who's traveled by air in the last 2 years how irrelevant this news is. Not that Bush is at fault... 9/11 certainly affected the delays that travelers face now.

National Energy Policy

The same policy that put the brakes on a plan to drill for natural gas off the coast of Florida in an apparent attempt to help the Jeb Bush gubanatorial campaign in the state. Natural Gas is a fossil fuel that burns cleanly and efficiently, is produced largely within our borders and leaves America dependent on only one foreign producer, and a friendly one at that (Canada).

Open Skies Agreements

A bit irrelevant since 9/11? I'd say neither a pro or a con, regardless.

Maritime Agreement

What's the advantage? What did it gain us? Increased trade or another method of smuggling for the Russian mafia? One could argue both, I suppose.

Drug Interdiction

The U.S. federal government will spend over 19.2 billion dollars at a rate of about $609 per second on the War on Drugs this year (ONDCP, 2003). The amount of money spent on interdicting drug imports has risen each year this past decade. So has the number of arrests for drug abuse violations. Another irrelevant point of the Bush admin. Bush & co. have done nothing to effect change in either direction.

One thing I'll say that Bush did well.... he nominated Norman Y. Mineta for the job of U.S. Secretary of Transportation. He seems like a capable administrator.

But I still don't see what Bush & co. has accomplished in the link you posted.

Source Information:

The Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS)http://www.bts.gov/oai/employees/

Office of National Drug Control Policyhttp://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/policy/03budget/index.html

Bureau of Justice Statisticshttp://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/drugtab.htm

I don't want the job of president (and I couldn't have it if I wanted it, I'm not over 35 and let's face it, I don't have the money to run a campaign!), but all of the presidents that I've seen in my lifetime (5), I can think of laundary lists of things I would have wanted to do differently had I been in their place.

GWB has made some good decisions and some bad decisions in my opinion. I don't see him really as any better or worse than the last few presidents.

It makes me sad to see corruption and mistakes that cause massive reprocussions (as the most "powerful nation on earth" that's bound to happen), and I hate to see people die for the presidents mistakes.

I think that being president would almost require a person to "get their hands dirty" to a degree, but yes, I think he could do better. Why doesn't he? Some people say he's not smart enough, I think its more likely he's like other politicians, more concerned with what makes his supporters happy than what is necessarily "right."

Politicians are also often short-sighted, only looking ahead to their re-election rather than long-term consequences.

Anyway, I could ramble on, but that's the gist of my opinion. I think if Al Gore had won the election he'd be up there making similar mistakes. I didn't vote for either guy in the last election, they seemed pretty much the same quality IMHO.

Well said, Kurgan.

I personally don't believe that Geedubyah'll get re-elected(he certainly doesn't have MY vote...not that one vote'll make a difference). The only thing he has going for him is the fact that he knocked Saddam out of power - which is of course downsided by the fact he lied to do it and our men and women are STILL over there getting killed and that he 'pulled a nation together'(coughbull****cough)after 9/11. Oh and Christian's like him since he praises God almost EVERY time he talks(sounds like Bin Laden if you ask me). The only, ONLY, way I see him winning if Jeb's state messes up the voting process(coughriggedcough).

EDIT: For all you "I support Geedubyah cuz he's the prez and we gostas supports heem" people, I found this(JEDI_monk's sig actually)

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt.

Not to toot a horn of joy or anything but as a person who occasionally buys marijuana and goes to parties with other forms of narcotics present, ever since Bushes proposed "War on Drugs", It has been much easier to buy narcotics and at a pretty cheap price, Not to mention cocaine sales have risen by 37% within three months of it's establishment. It's very easy for children and teens to get ahold of illegal narcotics also and for teens to get prescription drugs without a doctors note or prescription. If you doubt this or do not believe it I suggest you talk to local drug addicts or occasional potheads in your area. But all I can say is that myself and my friends are able to buy our marijuana much more easily than we could before Bush came into office and established his "War on Drugs". :)

When Geedubyah was first elected, his war on drugs caused the area around my house and most of Toledo for that matter got raped dry for ANYTHING. That lasted about a month before it came back cheaper and larger than anything I've seen before.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Not to toot a horn of joy or anything but as a person who occasionally buys marijuana and goes to parties with other forms of narcotics present, ever since Bushes proposed "War on Drugs", It has been much easier to buy narcotics and at a pretty cheap price, Not to mention cocaine sales have risen by 37% within three months of it's establishment. It's very easy for children and teens to get ahold of illegal narcotics also and for teens to get prescription drugs without a doctors note or prescription. If you doubt this or do not believe it I suggest you talk to local drug addicts or occasional potheads in your area. But all I can say is that myself and my friends are able to buy our marijuana much more easily than we could before Bush came into office and established his "War on Drugs". :)

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is how democracy fails...

Originally posted by Kain

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt.

I think that is an EXCELLENT quote. For months people would walk around my school wearing signs that said things like Back it or Pack it. I realized that they were totally violating the ideas America was built on. People came here to escape things like Back it Or Pack It because that was the law where they came from. People loved America because you could speak out, say what you wanted to, because it was YOUR country and YOU got a say. If you say Back it Or Pack it, you're violating America. You are showing everyone that America is slowly going down the drain, because when America starts looking like something out of a George Orwell novel, you know we're screwed.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is how democracy fails...

why? because I choose to take my life into my own hands or because of something else?

*just so you know I will never vote. I'm not certain that I'm patient enough to follow someones campaign

*I did not mean to offend anyone when I posted truth about myself, I just wished to state the truth and reality of the world, I'm sorry if any mods or any forum members were offended.

Last time I checked though Democracy was a government establishment in which the PEOPLE(as in everyone) were in charge of the system.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Last time I checked though Democracy was a government establishment in which the PEOPLE(as in everyone) were in charge of the system.

Ahh... but you have to vote to be able to say you're "in charge." :p

There is some meritt, however, to just registering to vote. That means that the polititians must consider your demographic in their campaign. It works best when a whole demographic is represented by a significant number registered.

The most under represented demographic is the young one. 18-25 year olds. But at least this demographic doesn't complain about the system ;)

edit: that last comment was intended as sarcasm.

edit: that last comment was intended as sarcasm.

NO WAY!!! :-p

So yea, anyone paying attention to Geedubyah's bro Jeb making laws to keep someone alive even though her husband says its her wishes that she be taken off life-support? I wonder if retarted laws were all throughout the Bush home...*imagines*

Bush Snr: Now there George Jr, you must always do as daddy does. And mr Hussein has been vury naughty, so I'll go take care of heem so you'll nevur hafta.

Thus we have the current war thats been over for awhile and yet our soldiers continue to die with no WMD to be seen until you look across the world to the good ole US of A with Geedubyah ridin em lika cowboy! YEEE HAWWW!!

*watches as people's sarcasm detectors explode from the overload*

Ahh... but you have to vote to be able to say you're "in charge." :p

Exactly! When I was old enough, I RAN to get my voter's registration card, because I KNEW that was the ONLY say I had in anything that goes on within our government. Unfortunately, there were several years in the Navy, where I could not vote, simply because my address was a ship, and those who have an address attached to a ship, could not vote. When I was discharged, I made DAMN sure that I was registered for the 2000 election. Even though it was a disaster, I still voted, I have that right, and thank God that an American President can only serve 8 years. ;)

So not true....sorry, but you will all be proven wrong. ... that the majority of the American people approve of his presidency.

Poll Results Here

It is true that the majority of Americans approve of Bush's job. However, all the Job Ratings to date have shown a steady decline from the end of Sept. 2001 to today.

In fact, this decline was steady from percentages in the mid 90's to this week's percentages in the mid 50's!

I'd say Bush's days are numbered. 447 days left to be exact.

Impeach the bonehead now! :cool:

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. Oct. 9-13, 2003. N=1,000 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS Intersearch. .

"The U.S. Justice Department has opened an investigation into whether someone in the White House broke the law by identifying a former diplomat's wife as an undercover CIA agent. The former diplomat claims this was done to punish him for criticizing U.S. policy on Iraq. Do you think this is a very serious matter, somewhat serious, not too serious or not serious at all?"

Mid October 2003 Poll

46% - Very Serious

37% - Some-what Serious

9% - Not Too Serious

5% - Not Serious At All

4% - No Opinion

Yes... I'd say a regime change is imminent.

What about the Top 10 things the Bush Admin has accomplished, Dirty South? :cool:

Poll Results Here

It is true that the majority of Americans approve of Bush's job. However, all the Job Ratings to date have shown a steady decline from the end of Sept. 2001 to today.What about the Top 10 things the Bush Admin has accomplished, Dirty South? :cool:

My motto is "Ignore ignorance"

You can link to anything you want and post your so-called facts...in the end, Bush's days to re-election are numbered. He is one of the greatest presidents we will live to see and if you are not convinced of it yet, you will be in his next term. He had to use this term to clean up after that man Clinton. By the way, do you honestly think that that stupid impeachment thing will go anywhere? Didn't think so. Sorry to break it to you but it's gonna be a disappointing election for all of you misguided Democrats.

Replaced a profane word with an appropriate substitute. Deleted most of my post, which DS quoted all of. Please post more than you quote. -- SkinWalker

Okay, guys... if you're going to quote, remember the rule of thumb: quote less than you post. It's unnecessary and redundant to quote someone's entire post, particularly to make a one-liner. It's best to break up a post in quotes if you want to address particular points in the post.

Here. Let me show you:

My motto is "Ignore ignorance"

By definition, doesn't that make you ignorant?

It's a good thing I'm not being ignorant. In fact, that I've used critical thinking skills and an inner voice of reason is evident by my willingness to look at all sides of the issue.

If someone... anyone.... could show me the top 10 things the Bush admin has accomplished, and back it up with evidence, I'll acknowledge it.

You can link to anything you want and post your so-called facts...

They're not my facts. They're from FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll, Gallup Poll, and others like the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press survey.

He is one of the greatest presidents we will live to see

Prove it. I watched the Carter and Reagan admins accomplish a lot. I'm convinced that Ford accomplished more. Clinton certainly did. The Bush admin will go down in history as a failure. History will likely remember that GW Bush was obstinate with regard to foreign policy and thoughtless with regard to domestic policy. It's also likely that History will remember GW Bush as the President that failed to bring Bin Laden or Hussein to justice. History will certainly recall GW Bush's elitist attitudes and his failure to protect the average American consumer (the lower middle class individual and all those below them) from joblessness, inflation, and the government deficit as a result of overspending in Iraq and Afganistan.

He had to use this term to clean up after that man Clinton.

By "clean up" do you mean fix these Clinton accomplishments?

• almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration -- an average of 250,000 new jobs every month.
  • In 1994, the economy had the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in 25 years. The current unemployment rate is 6.1%.
  • As part of the 1993 Economic Plan, Clinton cut taxes on 15 million low-income families and made tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses, while raising taxes on just 1.2 percent of the wealthiest taxpayers. Bush & Co. cut taxes too... mostly for the wealthy. Government will be reduced by starving it's programs. Wealthy people of the country (evidence of Bush's elitist / classist mentality) benefit. "Trickle-down" is the rhetoric, but this theory of economics has never been proven successful.
  • Clinton signed into law the largest deficit reduction plan in history, resulting in over $600 billion in deficit reduction. The deficit is going down for 3 years in a row for the first time since Harry Truman was president. During Bush's watch, The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
    $1.58 billion per day since September 30, 2002!
  • Clinton introduced comprehensive Safe Drinking Water and Superfund reforms. Mr. Bush undid the new federal regulations reducing the permissible level of arsenic in drinking water, although that problem is most likely to affect poor communities in the Southwest. The Bush admin later caved and let the Clinton requirements on arsenic stand.
  • Clinton developed a plan to restore Florida's Everglades. The Bush admin has relaxed the rules on developing wetlands: malls in the marshes, just what we need.
  • Clinton had an initiative to put 100,000 new police on the streets. Bush phased this out.
  • Clinton agreed to a framework with North Korea that froze and was to lead to the eventual elimination of North Korea's dangerous nuclear program. Bush's inclusion of Korea as part of the "axis of evil" was the spark that reignited Korea's interest in a nuclear program.

Yep. He "cleaned up."

By the way, do you honestly think that that stupid impeachment thing will go anywhere?

Nope. But I find it humorous. Legitimate in its intent, but humorous.

Didn't think so. Sorry to break it to you but it's gonna be a disappointing election for all of you misguided Democrats.

I'm not a democrat. But by your quickness to make assumptions and admitted ignorance, I'd say you were a republican. Though I'm only making conjectures based on available evidence. :cool:

Originally posted by DiRtY $oUtH™ in his signature

Searching for stupidity? Your answer lies in The Link of Ignorance!

ROTFL! :D That's the coolest!

*recalls being ban for insulting a moderator before*

In any case, I seriously doubt that Bush will get re-elected. That one guy(the old guy whos in the Rebulican party) has a higher popularity among the Republicans, and has my vote (if he gets the chance and I'm even a Democrat...so to speak...need to register)

Skinwalker'll love this...

RESUME:

GEORGE W. BUSH The White House

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for congress and lost. I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers

baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox. With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. I set record for most executions by any Governor in American history. I became president after losing the

popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I attacked two countries. I spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury. I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history. I set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner. I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

In the first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs. I cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history. I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed. I presided

over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history. Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice has a Chevron oil tanker

named after her).

I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community. I created the largest government

department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history. I am the first president in US history to

have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history. I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law. I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations. My biggest lifetime campaign contributor, who is also one of my

best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

I, with a policy of "disengagement," created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years. I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

I failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden "dead or alive." I failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects. In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security

failure in the history of the United States.

I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history. In a little over two years I created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available). I was AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war. I refuse to take drug test

or even answer any questions about drug use. All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All records of any SEC

investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. For personal references please speak to my

daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering).

Originally posted by Kain

*recalls being ban for insulting a moderator before*

That would be the reason for posting the warning on my sig. (Which is now removed):D

But by your quickness to make assumptions and admitted ignorance, I'd say you were a republican.

Actually, I stated that I was a Republican in my first post.

Myself being a Republican

If Bush were a Democrat and performed the same way he is now, I would still approve of him. I assumed you were a Democrat because of your relentless efforts to make Bush look bad. What are you trying to accomplish anyways? You can't change my mind and I can't change yours right? So we should just come to the acceptance of that. As for my part, I apologize for my negative comments directed at you. Peace?:cool:

Actually, I stated that I was a Republican in my first post.

True that.

If Bush were a Democrat and performed the same way he is now, I would still approve of him. I assumed you were a Democrat because of your relentless efforts to make Bush look bad.

And I would still disapprove of his performance. Incidently, he doesn't need me to make him look bad... he's doing a grand job on his own. I simply feel the need to point it out.

What are you trying to accomplish anyways? You can't change my mind and I can't change yours right?

It's not your mind I'm trying to change. In fact, I recognized long ago that you would not be "converted." But engaging in public discussion does a couple of things.

First, it engages the critical thinking of those that listen to the discussion (or, in our case, read)... those who have yet to make up their minds or give real thought to an issue. Very often, these are the people that accept at face value what authority tells them, which is bad policy. But reading our discussion sets them thinking.. by seeing more than one side of an issue, they are able to decide for themselves.

Second, it offers me a chance to more closely examine the issue. Those that know me here know that I rarely write what I can't source. But in short, I educate myself.

As for my part, I apologize for my negative comments directed at you. Peace?:cool:

I never found any offense in your comments. Had I done so, I'd have let you know.

Actually, I don't mind most direct negative comments/remarks (the type that would be considered as "flames" in LF) if they're only directed at me. I mod very heavily in the Senate when they get directed at others, however. :cool:

BTW, thanks for posting in the Senate.. hope you'll continue to drop in (even though this thread began in the Swamp).

The other lies of Bush

The Nation - The Other Lies of Bush - by David Corn

"He said the International Atomic Energy Agency had produced a report in 1998 noting that Iraq was six months from developing a nuclear weapon; no such report existed (and the IAEA had actually reported then that there was no indication Iraq had the ability to produce weapons-grade material)..."

"To deal with the criticism that his plan was a boon for millionaires, Bush devised an imaginary friend--a mythical single waitress who was supporting two children on an income of $22,000, and he talked about her often. He said he wanted to remove the tax-code barriers that kept this waitress from reaching the middle class, and he insisted that if his tax cuts were passed, "she will pay no income taxes at all." But when Time asked the accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche to analyze precisely how Bush's waitress-mom would be affected by his tax package, the firm reported that she would not see any benefit because she already had no income-tax liability..."

Wow...this topic seems pretty one sided...I think I will avoid outnumbering...LOL.

Indeed, it is one sided. But alot of people are aggravated by Bush's lacking (in his job and in his mentallity IMO). He hasn't really done anything worth noting, save the negative things.

Archived