Home

Fire Map, Ready to be tested

ZBomber

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115260

Work with me here.....

I know with some of the rocks, you kinda just get caught floating on them, that will be fixed.

Lava problem ,where there is little room below lava will also be fixed.

It is SUPPOSED to be a dark cave.

Now, besides that, I want your guys opinions on this map. Be truthful, I honestly wnat to know. :)

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

Errr.. i tried it... I can't say I like it. It's just too plain. Not enough variety in looks. Plus, it's basically a square. Ew.

A good portion of the mp is basically dead black.

What else..

Oh yes. Why do you have two layers of lava pool?

Well, atleast it was constructive ^_^

Of course its a square...... its a cave... there aren't many round items in a cave. ;)

How many caves have you been in where it was light? :) I was aiming for a realistic type map (Besides there being siths that used to train there, and lava being in a cave....)

I don't think there are two layers of lava..... o_O If you mean where like some points, you just fall down and splash, but don't go under, its because it is shallow and rock is underneath it. ;)

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

If i fall into the lava, i sink, and at the bottom is ANOTHER lava pool which i fall through...

But where have you seen caves with perfect symmetry?

While you have a point, the dead black does not make for an aesthetically interesting map.

There isn't perfect symetry. Go to on side. It is all jagged, and rocky. The ither side is more flat, with a few jags here and there. ;)

Well, I gues i might make a crack in the ceiling, which will allow a few light in. I'm glad I got your guy's opinions before I sent it in. :)

I haven't played this, but there are evidently a few standout issues so a few suggestions for you:

It isn't enough that the lighting is realistic if it is hard to play in! How about some lanterns on the walls, they could cast some interesting shadows too? Or you could have crystals in the rocks that glow.

Caves aren't square, they are often carved by water or ice and such things do not carve out squares. To break things up a little how about (if you haven't already) adding some stalecnites and stalectites - I'm pretty sure I spelled those wrong but I mean those long pillars of rock from the ground, and the hanging rock from the cieling. Atmospheric too.

If you want to see a cave with Lava done expertly, check out Ancient Sith Homeworld for JO by the highly talented mapper SunBurN, it might give ya some ideas.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/1348/

Ok, I fixed the lava thing. I have no clue why I put two layers in.....

I made it bright now, so you can all see what your doing. I will release a dark and light verison, so you can choose.

Fixed most of the rock problems

There is now a layer of glass above the rocks, so you can duel there.

I'm also going to add a jetpack, and maybe some swoops.

You'll be able to download it once Wacky uplaods it. ;)

Archived