Home

What is your control configuration?

woodenstool

What is your control configuration for your keyboard while playing dark forces? This is the one thing that deters me from playing dark forces ever again. (I only have a keyboard and mouse, by the way. And I'm not going to get a joystick for it.) I actually played JK2 before DF and so I was going to set the controls to be similar to JK2. But then I found out the mouse can't move up and down!!! So I had to resort to using the arrow keys to aim, which really sucks. I want a better control scheme.

Disregard that post about it only working on 95. I have 98 and it runs just as good as it did on my last computer which ran 95. Many people have problems with it on newer systems but there are all sorts of things you can probably do that will make it run. Doesn't always work though.

But enough of that, you got it running. I used the default control setting and that is how I played many FPS until I realized how great the mouse was.

I redo all FPS to somewhat resemble DF if the action and key are not yet bound, such as use being space, jump being x, crouch being c, secondary fire being z, primary fire ctrl etc etc etc.....

Sorry, can't help. You'll have to get used to page up for looking down and page down for looking up and number pad 5 to center your view ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just left the controls at default. But since Dark Forces was the first FPS I got, I modeled all my control schemes for all other ones after it. (i.e. x is jump. Used the arrow keys for movement, crouch being c);) But of course I use the mouse now. (Now auto-aim!) I've haven't changed ever since! (Except for the mouse...)

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

I just left the controls at default. But since Dark Forces was the first FPS I got, I modeled all my control schemes for all other ones after it. (i.e. x is jump. Used the arrow keys for movement, crouch being c);) But of course I use the mouse now. (Now auto-aim!) I've haven't changed ever since! (Except for the mouse...)

Originally quoted by Katarn07

I redo all FPS to somewhat resemble DF if the action and key are not yet bound, such as use being space, jump being x, crouch being c, secondary fire being z, primary fire ctrl etc etc etc.....

You must be a helluva guy because great minds do think alike :p

And mastern64, don't use the mouse. You don't need the mouse. Disable it if necessary (I remember MechWarrior 2's needed to be taken off because it always messed my game up).

Archived