Home

dll/qvm problemo

nervous shadow

I've been learning c and c++ for a bit, and i decided to make a mod. however when i try to view the testmod (thought it wise to do what the thing gave me for a test) i get an error, this happens when loading a map with the mod.

Heres the pic for you...

ah.jpg

i only have the mod's .dll in a pk3 and a description.txt in its folder..

My question is should i be using a specific compiler/writer or something?, because im using a d/led one as i cant aford microsofts visual c++..

:) thanks for the advice, i have it fixed, im now using visual c++ 6.0 i got off a mate, getting other stupid errors now like:

"g_weapon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _RegisterItem

g_weapon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _BG_FindItemForWeapon

Debug/game.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 65 unresolved externals

Error executing link.exe.

game.dll - 66 error(s), 0 warning(s)"

*mutters* and before you ask no the .sln isn't in because if it is i get no compiler supports it, and i cant change the thing that teh tutorial wants...

again help would be good of you guys

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Fracman

Is there JA running on Linux (i mean the full game, not only the dedicated server? If yes, there must be a way to do QVM files.

...in answer to this particular question, the answer is no. Sure, you can use gcc to compile it for linux, but it would be for the dedicated server only, since there isn't a Game UI.

Since we're creating a single-player TC kind of thing, and not a multiplayer/server-side mod, the primary platforms we would build for at this point are basically just Win32 and Mac OSX (I don't think you can install mods on XBox, but I could be mistaken. In which case I'm assuming the DLL version should work on it - but I could be mistaken in that too!! :rolleyes: ).

Which brings up a question on my part...

Does anyone know if Raven (or Aspyr) have provided any information regarding building the SDK on/for Mac OSX?

:holosid:

Archived