Home

Has anyone else noticed something about the Americans and Germans

Agen

I've noticed a disturbing trend that might seem a bit anti american and german but take my word for it that it isn't :)

I normally play on UK servers and don’t usually have too much bother but I used to go ‘n’ play Americans to see if they were any better than UKers. They weren’t of course, they were just the same skill level but one thing they were better at was giving the winning player a hard time. I didn’t realise this until now since I’ve been playing on a quite a good few German servers that they give you a super hard time! (sometimes their servers can get good pings as well as uk ones)

Is it just me or are the American and Germans more ‘joo are a noob’ and ‘Jaaaaaaaaa! The ***** is beaten’? I know this never usually happens unless I go to these servers….. I always thought it was because it was duel servers I was on.

Anyone else noticed these trends?

Feel free to post strange things you've found about nationalities.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the reason Americans are sore loosers (generally) is we are a bunch of panty-waist spoiled babies with delusions of grandeur.

(generally)

As for the Germans all I can say is they (generally) seem more interested in having fun than being competitive. The more competitive and harder you play the more likely they are to give you some crap. (generally)

As for the Germans all I can say is they (generally) seem more interested in having fun than being competitive. The more competitive and harder you play the more likely they are to give you some crap. (generally)

Heh, fair enough about the American

Well you see, most of the time (since i don't speak german) I just play and don't talk, then the floods of german gibberish mixed with osme words like nub and f*ck. I'm definately not a competitive play, i play for fun but the germans still hammer in as soon as about 3 in a row get beat. This totally boggles me :S

The only thing I find annoying about the Germans are that they refuse to speak English, it's like they're too proud over their language.

Nexus: plz speak english if you are talking to me

-=IchHabLightsaber=- : no

Heh...

And the americans do get a bit cocky (they start cussing alot) but otherwise I see no other problem with them... Except that they might make up excuses like ''pff you win because you spam butterfly''.

originally posted by griff38:

well the reason Americans are sore loosers (generally) is we are a bunch of panty-waist spoiled babies with delusions of grandeur.

(generally)

ROFL! Couldn't have said it better!

It also might be the fact that quite a few of us American players are pre-teens with overactive hormones and short tempers. (that's not saying that all pre-teens are like that, but they're out there) One time I saw an American guy hitting on another player just because they were using a female character model! :p

Sad, I tell you...

The only thing I find annoying about the Germans are that they refuse to speak English, it's like they're too proud over their language.

Heh, Yeah, I noticed that almost every german server has at least one guy who says "then learn german" once i say i speak english.

Welcome to the real world...

Why is it mostly these people though?? Are they brought up to slag other cultures if they do successful????

Surely if you go on a German server you can't expect them to start speaking English for you...I can hardly imagine the opposite happening (English speaking people talking to a German in his home language).

I really doubt you'll find players from one country another acting massively different. You could say "Lots of American players are really bad losers" or "German players are all elitist" or whatever, but I doubt such generalisations hold true. I've played on servers from all over and I haven't noticed any national trends. Oh, wait, one thing I did notice. I went on a Hungarian server, and they were ALL talking Hungarian :cool:

Originally posted by Darth MarcII

Are they brought up to slag other cultures if they do successful????

No, just the one's who are not brought up correctly. Which is wherever you go.

It was a joke, egghead.

Surely if you go on a German server you can't expect them to start speaking English for you...I can hardly imagine the opposite happening (English speaking people talking to a German in his home language).

I never said I expected them to (but william did)

They do resort to english to insult people though.

I really doubt you'll find players from one country another acting massively different.

Well I do and I have spoke to many who agree with me, there ya go.

many american kids are pussified little bitches nowadays. hell just about the whole country is.

when i was little kids got in fist fights and the next day they were best friends. now you fight at school you get suspended and put on probation and ****, and the hatred festers between them, because they cant settle their differences on a very basic level (lot easier and effective than on a cognitive level).

This is absurd and utterly retarded if I may say.

I've played UKers, fellow Americans, some French, and obvious Germans.

While I do notice the language point which I cannot blame them for, I notice all are sore losers equally.

This is complete and utter bull, plain and simple. You're just seeing what you want to see I imagine, or are getting severely unlucky with the player pool.

Originally posted by vert1go

I've noticed a lot of Germans have some real bent binds such as:

---+++[ GF ]+++---

**((-- ROFL --))**

etc.

Such binds, in my opinion, look pretty stupid, and as I said I only really notice people who speak German doing it. :x

lol! I'm not the only one who noticed I guess. I also notice they use a lot of smiley faces..... more-so then others. Such as " ^_^ May the force be with you!!! ^_^".

Great we got a Women bashing thread and a thread devoted to rascism on these forums.

British folks are nice though.

Master William,

GOD YOUR AN IDIOT, lets ban people for using their native tongue, not all Germans can speak English, I know this for a fact, my aunt teaches it in Bonn.

Who the f*ck said English has to be spoken by everyone.

Until you can speak Latin, stfu.

Originally posted by g//plaZma

How 'bout we throw our blind racial sterotypes around somewhere else, huh?

The only thing I agree with here is that Germans frequently spam those stupid --=[( LOL )]=-- binds everywhere, although I've seen a few others use them too.

I find that Germans dont liked to be stereotyped as all being Nazi's. You start spamming Sieg Heil! and they get mad rather quick :D

screed, English is the most universal spoken language in the world. It is a must to know, seeing as everyone doesn't speak your native tounge.

As for your cockyness -- I'm only annoyed at germans who won't speak english in english servers, where it is one of the rules to speak english only. It also annoys me when they are talking to me, but they refuse to speak english like they hated it.

I have an opinion and thought of a certain thing. You sir, should not bash me for having that.

Archived