Home

EMI- Bad or Misunderstood?

Mr Flibble

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither. Monkey Island 4 was good and I understood it perfectly. A delicious new piece to the series, in my opinion and the best part is that it brought back memories of the old games (I won't mention any just in case of spoiling it for some people). Definately good game and don't you forget it :monkey4:

Originally posted by adey12

nozziness (SP?)

N-A-U-S-I-O-US

Nausious.

from the word nausia

From the Latin nausium

Kapeech?

I think people take games too seriously. Especially Monkey Island games. I heard a catchphrase somewhere (Red Dwarf Trailer?)

which is appropriate here. ''Monkey Island - Some things where never meant to make sense''.

Ah yes, fangames...quite a broad spectrum there...take it from me, though, Datadog's games (particularly MI:2) are some seriously amazing pieces of work.

And back to EMI briefly...another glaring (and somewhat petty) thing which makes it different from the previous three games is that there are absolutely no dogs in it. Each of the three previous games had at least two dogs (some less true to the dictionary definition than others) in it, but EMI? Not one.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why EMI wasn't as good as it could've been. Honest.

Akril

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways, CMI and EMI both created plot holes. I'm not sure I really care anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if EMI was over the top in creating plot holes ON PURPOSE. It's part of the humor.

I too have questions about the ages of LeChuck, Elaine, et. all. When I first played SOMI, I assumed that LeChuck had just died within a year before the game starts. It's a LeChuck crisis, and that's why the pirates weren't out on the seas. Not something that's been going on for YEARS. So if LeChuck was around with Minnie Goodsoup...

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Monkey Island that was used in MI4 was different from the Trilogy. I think it came from another dimension. Dont ask me how it happened but it must have done. As to where the hell Timmy came from (werent you guys even a LITTLE bit curious about him) he must have met Guybrush and Elaine during thier honeymoon. Something else I dont understand either is... (comment will be finished tomorrow)

Yeah. Where the Tenebrous did that guy come from? And it turns out that you can employ any random monkey on Monkey Island to help with your door-opening perdicament (with the help of a few bananas), so Timmy isn't really that essential to the plot...sure he warns Guybrush and Elaine about trouble at the mansion and kicks the former off the cliff in the finale, but stiiiill...

Oh yeah, there are five pirana poodles in addition to Spiffy in MI1, so my theory still holds...

...absolutely nobody's attention. Oh well. Moving on...

Akril

• 3 weeks later...

Thats a good point. What should I do with you....

What? Oh no, We couldn't do that, who would clear up the mess...

I'm afraid all Forum-Goers are now my prisoners.

I can't let you go. The king of the potato people won't let me.

I fell to my knees and wept, but he said no...

• 1 month later...

Archived