Home

DCMoD

Alegis

correct forum? ok

Just to keep you guys updated now that SDK has been released, DCMoD (from Jedi Outcast) is being ported to JA. Features that are already done:

• 3 different admin channels, excellent for clans with different rankings (council) Whatever you say in the lowest (\amsay) will only be viewable by logged in admins of that rank, and the 2 higher ranks, what you say in the 2nd highest rank (/dcsay) will only be viewable to the 2nd highest and the highest etc
  • Improved explode, all body parts flinging off
  • Silence players, Sleep players, freeze players
  • Toggle peoples saber on and off
  • bantoggle (when set to a player it cant ignite/turn off saber), bankill (player can't kill itself) banname (player cant change name), banteam (player cant switch teams)
  • /amrob , robs all weapons from a person
  • /ampsay (message on the screen to a specific player or everyone) and botsay (let bots say something)
  • /amget (teleport a player to you) /amtakemeto (teleport to a player)
  • empowerment, terminator (999 ammo, all weps) banforce...
  • /amcheckip to see if an ip is banned
  • ban ips
  • Origin, teleport with all compatibility and stack effect...
  • kick and ban messages
  • /amfly and /amland, allows logged in admins to fly around the map as if in spectator mode (invisible)
  • Improved /amstatus : Shows client number (which you can use in the commands) , name, IP, HP (if you're duelling someone you can't see his/her HP in \amstatus) , and STATUS ( Sleeping | Frozen | Immune to 'all' command (example: amsleep all) etc...)
  • \amsetinfo "Will set the userinfo of a client. This means that you can change or check a clients model, saber color, saber handle, etc..."
  • emotes
  • Built in help menu

Everything is beeing modded and ported by [DEATH]JanosOudrin[HC] , and should include following features as seen in the JO version of DCMoD soon:

• Auto-admin (Replaces "was killed by" with "was chatkilled by"/"was saber down killed by" when done so, and gives warnings + punishments after several warnings
  • Hunted gametype: TFFA but each team has one hunted, this player has no weapons and force powers and you score by killing the other's team hunted. Hunted player switches when killed
  • FF duels, mutiple and all that
  • Saber down abuse control (It's what makes you unable to do naughty stuff with your saber down)
  • and much much more

Keeping you lot updated

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toggle peoples saber on and off

Silence players, Sleep players, freeze players

bantoggle (when set to a player it cant ignite/turn off saber), bankill (player can't kill itself) banname (player cant change name), banteam (player cant switch teams)

/amfly and /amland, allows logged in admins to fly around the map as if in spectator mode (invisible)

Auto-admin (Replaces "was killed by" with "was chatkilled by"/"was saber down killed by" when done so, and gives warnings + punishments after several warnings

omfg

"Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

Is this an 18 yr old and over/English only speaking mod?

Or are younger new players welcome to play without getting aggravated and breaking there JA disc because they don't know what the hell is going on.

call me R.I.P. natas

*edit* Honestly, if I have offended you Alegis, I appologize, I use to be an honor person.

Originally posted by eniaC

Is this an 18 yr old and over/English only speaking mod?

Or are younger new players welcome to play without getting aggravated and breaking there JA disc because they don't know what the hell is going on.

Sorry I tend to speak like that sometimes (especially in summaries), so no offence taken...I'm kinda juggling with my english

No it's not one of those mods were admin secretely increases his saber damage or steals HP, it's purely set to normal administratotion and not a tool for admin abuse. If you want to keep rules on a server, you can use the mod however you want. If you don't want rules, you don't have to. Janos cannot be held responsible for what admin using this mod will do. If they abuse it, they are abusers. If they use it as it is intended to be used, everyone will have a better time. It is, after all, a mod to help keep the servers friendly (and a corrupt admin could do mean stuff anyway)

First of many game-killing mods, not the fault of the maker and I'm sure the mod is well made, but this is going to work it's way into hundreds of 12 year old admins posession and ruin a lot of peoples gameplay. Is there really a demand for those sort of commands? Some of them are completely excessive and I can not imagine any scenario where their use would be needed, other than to truly ruin the game for a player.

all admin mods need is kick, ban, and maybe a thing to post rules so people know what is expected of them. They start breaking the rules, you tell them to stop, then warn them, then kick them. If they come back, and do it again, then ban them... simple. You dont need none of that slap, sleep, cant turn your saber on crap... it will be abused.

sad thing is many of these mods will be popping up now.

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

It is, after all, a mod to help keep the servers friendly (and a corrupt admin could do mean stuff anyway)

As with most mods.

btw: In no was I trying to put down your english, your post was very clear.

I just mean for those people out there who can't read the server rules when they join, thats all.

Your english seems fine to me. Even if it wasn't, thats not a problem with me.

Originally posted by Master William

The mod is great, but nothing for the power abusers. Stop bashing the mod, and post only constructive critism. I expected to 100% to see posts bashing the mod. Either post positive things or don't post at all.

Your one to talk.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

You dont need none of that slap, sleep, cant turn your saber on crap... it will be abused.

sad thing is many of these mods will be popping up now.

if someone does something 'small' againt the rules, immediately kick? Sleep and slap are there for it. Can't turn on your saber is for servers with saber down collecting rules (people collecting ammo saber down)

Sad things is people won't listen when I say this isn't an admin abuse tool for 12 year olds. If the admin is abusing, then just leave so he can abuse himself. It's like a knife, it's a tool, but it's also a murder weapon should it fall into the wrong hands.People don't hate knives, do they?No, everyone keeps them. It isn't just an admin tool, you got hunted and all that. And like all mods multiple duels with starting HP, what's wrong with that. The simple fact that you cant see someones HP in amstatus when you're duelling that person proves this isnt an admin abuse tool

The mod is great, but nothing for the power abusers. Stop bashing the mod, and post only constructive critism. I expected to 100% to see posts bashing the mod. Either post positive things or don't post at all.

Thanks William, I expected this as well as I read in other threads "don't accept any admin mod files!!"

Sorry I tend to speak like that sometimes (especially in summaries), so no offence taken...I'm kinda juggling with my english

No it's not one of those mods were admin secretely increases his saber damage or steals HP, it's purely set to normal administratotion and not a tool for admin abuse. If you want to keep rules on a server, you can use the mod however you want. If you don't want rules, you don't have to. Janos cannot be held responsible for what admin using this mod will do. If they abuse it, they are abusers. If they use it as it is intended to be used, everyone will have a better time. It is, after all, a mod to help keep the servers friendly (and a corrupt admin could do mean stuff anyway)

empoer

terminator

bantoggle

rob

teleport

takemeto

get

Admins only need kick. They already abuse that though...

Mods like these are like a George Bush tax cut, they benefit the minority and help the people who make them not the common user.

Being slapped silenced and teleported over a cliff because some idiot walked into my kata and started chatting isn't a good idea. It increases the fact that the internet has no set rules or laws. One person can abuse power with no regard for the community. Think of how many great mods JK2 would've had if effort was put into creative gameplay alterations instead of reused emote happy junk.

Alegis, it's nothing personal, but if you read some of the other threads in this forum (search for "laming" or "honor"), people have experienced or witnessed a lot of abuse from mods like this. That's why the response is less than enthusiastic.

Now trying to be positive...that "Hunted" mode sounds interesting, similar to Assasination mode in Counter-Strike (have never played CS but read about it).

I know a lot of ou have been abused by '12 year old, abusing admins' but if they do that, why not just leave. An admin could kick you anyways. The mod's features were introduced because we felt a need for them, at least in our server. Try DCMoD for JO, just try it

empower

terminator

empower and terminator fights are very fun, if you're beeing abused by an admin using this simply let him be..

bantoggle: For saberdown collecting, some servers have this rule you can't pick up items saber down because 1) other players aren't allowed to attack you and even if you don't play 2) you're stealing ammo from those who are. if someone keeps putting it off when collecting ammo you could just let the saber on

rob: Just something like slap, if someone is doing something against the rules with weapons

teleport

takemeto

get: If there is a problem somewhere you can go there immediately

We got the message that many of you hate mods, so please say something else

bantoggle: For saberdown collecting, some servers have this rule you can't pick up items saber down because 1) other players aren't allowed to attack you and even if you don't play 2) you're stealing ammo from those who are. if someone keeps putting it off when collecting ammo you could just let the saber on

The problem with that is some people turn their saber off (stealth reasons) in darker areas of maps when not actually using it, so it's sound doesn't tip off other players of their exact location while they are gathering up shields and health powerups. Not a big deal for sure, but just something to think about.

Originally posted by Master William

When did you become a forum moderator?

Sorry Alegis, I must agree with many of the other posters here. I fail to see the necessity of many of the admin commands your mod will offer.

The "Hunted gametype" sounds interesting, but IMHO the potential for abuse the other additions you're proposing outweigh it.

I'm sure you have the best intentions, so did J. Robert Oppenheimer.

I expected nothing else from ppl who haven't tried it, and from those who actually did they speak positive

Everyone has tried it. It's not much different from Jedi Academy mod for JK2 minus some idiotic admin commands such as /ampunish.

Archived