Home

RGB Saber Colors

NickR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I did some more investigation into the bugs and it seems to be something that's broken with TCK's code instead of something on my end. Something just isn't right whenever a bot (namely the Alora bot) uses RGB scripting.

Whatever the problem is, it's causing a nice old crash in MSV debug and makes the player saber lighting look like ass in a normal compile. My debugger states that it's due to a bad pointer in the quake string search function at some point during the player init stage. I can't figure out exactly which statement is bad since the search phase can't be found by simply searching for the phrase in all the source files. Very weird.

I'm at a loss at finding a quick and easy bug fix since I have no experience with TCK's code. I'm going to contact TCK and see what he thinks.

Anyway, the real issue at hand until the problem is fixed is....

Should OJP still accept the code even thou it has a known and nasty bug in it or should we wait until TCK has had time to fix it?

Any input would be great.

Ok, well, the good news is that I've determined the problem and fixed it. Basically, the bots.txt file that TCK had sent me didn't match the correct format for the rgb saber scripts, weird.

Now I noticed that plain RGB sabers don't seem to be reading correctly from the bot files. :|

• 2 weeks later...

Archived