Home

Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool

Marker0077

So I was playin on this BWN server & this dude named "FlipSide" is there. Now I think I know this guy from DS so I figured he's pretty familiar with JK player sportsmanship & whatnot, so I bow to the guy & he runs up & totally sneak attacks me like a jagoff. Now I know this guy is not new, so he wins the round because the hit takes off over 60 hps, I think it was closer to 70 but woteva.

So I'm dead for awhile, talkin trash the whole time & warning newcomers not to bow or chat to this guy since he's a cheap schmuck. Once I'm finally alive & I kill em. I was hoping to own the guy but I just made it out with somewhere around 30 HPs. I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc. then the second time we fought I didn't own the guy but I wasn't far from it.

Not only that, it was on that Rancor map & he tried running & hiding in that small area with the 3 ledges & special attacking me from there. He had duals & could have easily got me with a both attack special but instead he tried the lunge special (in dual stance, not the actual lunge) & I creamed him. Some people were talking smack to him before he died like "you suck FlipSide", then I creamed him & he disconnected - it was so f00kn great. :-)

Ahhhhhh, revenge is sometimes so sweet. I usually don't get a kick out of this sort of thing but the guy had no sportsmanship & I got to make an example out of him. That's just too cool.

OMG HE DIDNT BOW???!!!!111 OMFG LOLOLOLOL WHAT A N00B!!!111oneoneone DON'T WORRY I WILL STRIKE THIS DISHONORABLE SITH DOWN WITH MY LIGHTSABER IF I SEE HIM FELLOW HONORABLE JEDI!!!111 OMG LOL

BTW SERVER ADMINS PLZ BAN THIS 'FLIPSIDE' DUE TO HIS DISHONORABLE BEHAVIOR!!! LOLOLOL OMG

I never bow before duels, I like to pretend I'm an evil dark jedi who bows for no one. Sometimes I charge at the people who take too long to realize I want bow, but I never hit them, it just my way of getting them to go "Hey this guy isn't gonna bow!" then we go at it.

Originally posted by Marker0077

So I'm dead for awhile, talkin trash the whole time...

...I was hoping to own the guy but...

I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc.

...then I creamed him & he disconnected - it was so f00kn great. :-)

...the guy had no sportsmanship...

21 or 12?

Originally posted by Rumor

wow marker you are a ****ing hypocrite.

you can now join the other dendrophiliacs in the hall.

agreed.

:D

Orig posted by g//plaZma

OMG HE DIDNT BOW???!!!!111 OMFG LOLOLOLOL WHAT A N00B!!!111oneoneone DON'T WORRY I WILL STRIKE THIS DISHONORABLE SITH DOWN WITH MY LIGHTSABER IF I SEE HIM FELLOW HONORABLE JEDI!!!111 OMG LOL

BTW SERVER ADMINS PLZ BAN THIS 'FLIPSIDE' DUE TO HIS DISHONORABLE BEHAVIOR!!! LOLOLOL OMG

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's great

:rofl:

i rrealy hope this guy was making fun of those people... if not,... *shudders*

originally posted by PG|Prometheus:

So this guy didnt do a virtual bow before you both pressed some buttons to virtually fight each other in a virtual video game.

Have you made amnesty international aware of this?

ROFL! That's hilarious! :rofl:

To avoid such an experience again, Marker, do what I do:

Never bow unless the other person bows first. You must remember that it's not a rule to bow before a duel. I've fought plenty of people online who didn't bow and still had a blast.

After all, if you want to be "honorable," isn't that what saying "good fight" afterwards is for?

Originally posted by g//plaZma

First of all, lay off the pipe.

Second of all, it wasn't that he didn't bow, it's that he attacked while I was bowing. It was appearant that this was the only way the guy could win because he lost the next 2 duels & got boo'ed out of the game. It was great.

Originally posted by Prime

:rolleyes:

You don't play much. At least not in Duel mode. If you did, you would understand.
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Marker, check out this very recent thread about bowing before duels:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118333

Don't worry, it's very short and a quick read:amidala:

I read all of 1 or 2 sentances from that book you linked me to but I think I get what you are trying to say.

Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game. Don't be premature, take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & wait for your opponent to bow to you, then attack.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this isn't my own fault. There's no reason whatsoever why anyones opponent would need to be within attacking distance, everyone should ALWAYS - ALWAYS keep there guard up, however, it doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.

So many people confuse "honor code" with "common courtesy", of course, there are some people who are anal retenant on the whole "honor code" thing as well but there are more people who just have no respect for it. Again, no one is saying you *have* to bow, just wait a few seconds for your opponent to bow to you because this is the kind of reaction you are going to get from 90% of the players out there, at least in Duel mode anyways.

Originally posted by Rumor

wow marker you are a ****ing hypocrite.

How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?

Look, I am a courteous player, I bow, I say "Good Fight", "Good Luck", "Thank You" (yes I actually have all of that bound), etc; etc. This guy got this treatment because he was a premature jagoff who couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to bow, NOT that he didn't bow, but because he attacked me while I was bowing.

Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.

Originally posted by Toxie

I never bow before duels, I like to pretend I'm an evil dark jedi who bows for no one. Sometimes I charge at the people who take too long to realize I want bow, but I never hit them, it just my way of getting them to go "Hey this guy isn't gonna bow!" then we go at it.

That's totally cool. It's not that the guy didn't bow, I could care less. The fact that he attacked me while I was bowing was what started it.
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

21 or 12?

You keep fishin pal.

It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums, I mean, this isn't the first time this sort of thing happened to me but it is the first time I felt like sharing it on the forums so I did. Maybe you just needed to be there. I dunno. Either way, it was hella cool & just felt like sharing.

Anyways, this thought just struck me...

How will the JA community deal with cheating (3rd party cheat programs) if it ever arises if they can't even deal with simple gameplay? I don't want to think about it...

We didn't really have that problem with JK2, I can't imagine it being that big of a problem in JK3. If it does you can tell by viewing the person playing & if you are playing on DarkSide, you can call an admin in to fix the problem. When they ban a person on DS, it bans them from all DS servers.
Originally posted by WadeV1589

Posted a reply to this at his identical thread at gaming forums, a rant about how he's lame even using the word lamer because he got killed.

For those of you who want to join in the identical thread ...

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=99203

This guy appearently didn't even read what I posted, you can read the responses at GF.
Originally posted by Neverhoodian

ROFL! That's hilarious! :rofl:

To avoid such an experience again, Marker, do what I do:

Never bow unless the other person bows first. You must remember that it's not a rule to bow before a duel. I've fought plenty of people online who didn't bow and still had a blast.

After all, if you want to be "honorable," isn't that what saying "good fight" afterwards is for?

Why does everyone think that this was started because he didn't bow? Where does it say that? People assume way to much. The thing here was that he attacked while I was bowing to him, again, it's my own fault for getting attacked but it was still a gh3y thing to do.

"but it was still a gh3y thing"...doesn't take much to work out what gh3y means and that lowers your standards considerably, you probably don't even realise but that is mild prejudism. You say a lot about yourself just from the way you talk/post and that says enough about you...

First of all, lay off the pipe.

No thx.

Second of all, it wasn't that he didn't bow, it's that he attacked while I was bowing. It was appearant that this was the only way the guy could win because he lost the next 2 duels & got boo'ed out of the game. It was great.You don't play much. At least not in Duel mode. If you did, you would understand.I read all of 1 or 2 sentances from that book you linked me to but I think I get what you are trying to say.

So don't bow. He wants to play his way, you should respect that without resorting to childish name-calling. You can still bow but don't cry if someone kills you while doing it, they don't aknowledge bowing as a necessity. You may, but that's your problem.

Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game. Don't be premature, take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & wait for your opponent to bow to you, then attack.

If someone wants to show me respect, they can say "good game," "nice one," and just be civil to me, as I am to everyone else. When the guy attacked you when you were "bowing" and you started calling him stupid things, was that civil (or even acting your age)? No.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this isn't my own fault. There's no reason whatsoever why anyones opponent would need to be within attacking distance, everyone should ALWAYS - ALWAYS keep there guard up, however, it doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.

This is a game. Grow up.

So many people confuse "honor code" with "common courtesy", of course, there are some people who are anal retenant on the whole "honor code" thing as well but there are more people who just have no respect for it. Again, no one is saying you *have* to bow, just wait a few seconds for your opponent to bow to you because this is the kind of reaction you are going to get from 90% of the players out there, at least in Duel mode anyways.How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?

Sorry, common courtesy for me is saying "good game" after a duel, not bowing. Bowing=honor code.

Look, I am a courteous player, I bow, I say "Good Fight", "Good Luck", "Thank You" (yes I actually have all of that bound), etc; etc. This guy got this treatment because he was a premature jagoff who couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to bow, NOT that he didn't bow, but because he attacked me while I was bowing.

The things you said didn't seem so courteous. Stop being a total asshole just because someone doesn't play the way you like.

Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.That's totally cool. It's not that the guy didn't bow, I could care less. The fact that he attacked me while I was bowing was what started it.You keep fishin pal.

As I said, this is just a game, grow up and don't get your panties all in a bunch just because someone doesn't play your way.

It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums, I mean, this isn't the first time this sort of thing happened to me but it is the first time I felt like sharing it on the forums so I did. Maybe you just needed to be there. I dunno. Either way, it was hella cool & just felt like sharing.

Yes, it is adolescent of you to not only post it in the forums but act that way towards this guy.

We didn't really have that problem with JK2, I can't imagine it being that big of a problem in JK3. If it does you can tell by viewing the person playing & if you are playing on DarkSide, you can call an admin in to fix the problem. When they ban a person on DS, it bans them from all DS servers.

You don't get my point. People in the JA "honor" community always piss and moan about people who play honestly with valid gameplay tactics. If hacking/cheating does come to JA, I really can't imagine how these whiny honor 12 year old jedis will respond to it. Maybe they'll add the command /amcrymeariver to admin mod when someone is suspected of cheating?

Well I think it's quite stupid to bow when to someone you don't know, I only bow when bowed to just for the sake of being cool with someone and moving the game along. IMO a gg or gf after a match is all that's needed. Hell, I even say gf to the biggest asses in the world - win or lose :p

Originally posted by WadeV1589

"but it was still a gh3y thing"...doesn't take much to work out what gh3y means and that lowers your standards considerably, you probably don't even realise but that is mild prejudism. You say a lot about yourself just from the way you talk/post and that says enough about you...

Sorry, I didn't know you were so sensitive/defensive about people using the word gay but that is pretty common place in todays society. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.

Saying gay like that is just another way of saying lame because IMO (& most others) being gay is lame, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. You've obviously expressed yours.

No thx.

lol, I was just kidding with you man, please don't take it personal. I do apologize if I offended you.

So don't bow. He wants to play his way, you should respect that without resorting to childish name-calling. You can still bow but don't cry if someone kills you while doing it, they don't aknowledge bowing as a necessity. You may, but that's your problem.

You are not a Duel mode player therefore you just don't get it.

Name calling isn't necessarily childish, everyone does that from time to time (online or not) & anyone who says they don't is pretty much playing holier than thou & is full of **it.

All I did was call it as I saw it, you can take that anyway you like & I guarantee the majority of Duel mode players would have seen it in the exact same fashion. A cheap move done because that's the only way the guy could win, which again, he did not win another fight afterwards.

If someone wants to show me respect, they can say "good game," "nice one," and just be civil to me, as I am to everyone else. When the guy attacked you when you were "bowing" and you started calling him stupid things, was that civil (or even acting your age)? No.

If a person is taunting you & you attack them, I could see that as being okay but not bowing before battle. It's just a cheap thing to do any way you look at it.

Again, name calling is not necessarily an adolescent thing to do, uncivilized perhaps but not adolescent. If you & your wife are walking down a street & some guy grabs your wifes ass, are you not going to take a swing at him?

The point is there is a time to be civil & a time to not be civil, if you don't stand up for yourself then you are pretty much punking yourself out. That shouldn't vary just because you are playing a video game online.

This is a game. Grow up.

If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?

The point is being a jagoff is being a jagoff. Realistically, the game has nothing to do with it.

Sorry, common courtesy for me is saying "good game" after a duel, not bowing. Bowing=honor code.

No one's saying you have to bow, all we are saying is don't be a premature jagoff & take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & allow your opponent to finish their bow - that's all. if they taunt you, well that's different, attack all you want, but this is not a taunt, it's a bow, just like saying "Good Luck", "Good Fight", "Nice One", or whatever, bowing is no different.

The things you said didn't seem so courteous. Stop being a total asshole just because someone doesn't play the way you like.

I was courteous to everyone else in the room, I just wasn't to this guy for obvious reasons. It's not like I just started acting this way for no reason, I was cool with everyone else in the room & they were not only cool with me, they were rooting for me as well - that *should* tell you something.

As I said, this is just a game, grow up and don't get your panties all in a bunch just because someone doesn't play your way.

Saying "it's just a game" IMO is just a copout to being a jerk. Again, being a jerk is being a jerk, the game is irrelevant.

Also, this isn't just the way I play, this is the way 90% of the Duel mode players play. Join a Duel server & attack someone before while they are bowing - watch what happens. I bet the people in the room will have the exact same reaction that I do.

Yes, it is adolescent of you to not only post it in the forums but act that way towards this guy.

I could see it being wrong to act that way to the guy if he was a newcomer but he's been around for awhile & I knew he knew better. This was just this guy getting what he deserved.

Perhaps I took it to far with going to the forums, you may be right on that account, but I felt like sharing so I did. If the guy did something he didn't want posted everywhere, well then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. A simple apology would have reconciled the whole thing, instead he chose to continue being a jagoff so fu#* 'em.

You don't get my point. People in the JA "honor" community always piss and moan about people who play honestly with valid gameplay tactics.

It's not like we're saying "you're a lamer because you don't bow" or anything like that, what I'm saying is it's totally cheap to attack your opponent while he's bowing to you - any way you look at it, for you to do that makes you a premature jagoff or just a n00b (literally). The guy wasn't a n00b. Now maybe things are different in FFA, I really wouldn't know, but in Duel that's just how it goes & I guarantee the majority of the Duel mode only players out there would agree with me.

I can understand where you are coming from with those people that say "you should always bow", that's a little much, but at the very least you should prewarn your opponent not to bow to you because you will attack; Bind it if need be or something. That was not the case in this scenario, the guy knew the Duel mode routin & pulled a cheap move = weak.

If hacking/cheating does come to JA, I really can't imagine how these whiny honor 12 year old jedis will respond to it. Maybe they'll add the command /amcrymeariver to admin mod when someone is suspected of cheating?

I'm not sure where cheating came into the picture but we'll have to deal with one subject at a time.

I chat quite a bit with most of the big names in the modding community & I should be one of them once CM is launched. Almost all of them know who I am because I contribute to most their projects in some fashion, so I'm sure if any third party programs ever come into the picture as being a problem to the community then we'll deal with it at that time; But realistically I don't ever see that being that big of a problem since it wasn't for JK2.

As for "/amcrymeariver", we might actually add something to the mods to call admins in to be honest. Mars (Vulcanus coder) modding at this point is really up in the air, he's not sure himself. Chosen One (Jedi Academy mod/Jedi Academy Reloaded mod coder) has a beta of JAR currently but it is yet to be released & I was already thinking of a command to bring in admins just because I play on DarkSide & BWN servers alot & that's something that not only BWN could really use, but other servers as well. How it will all work we're not sure yet, it's still on the drawing board & I haven't even mentioned it to Chosen One yet but I do plan on it.

BTW, just to clarify this...

I'd attack you when you're "bowing" just like that guy did. On top of that, I'd also enjoy kicking your ass, feeding your pets poison and eating all of your birthday cake before you even get out of bed. Yep, I'm a real asshole. ;)

Good, I'd love to play you sometime. If this is how you choose to play then you are either not a Duel mode player or you just suck. All the good Duel mode players do not play in that fashion & the fact that you do tells me something. My contact info is in my signature as well as my in-game names... anytime man, anytime. ;-)
Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Attacking while bowing = NOT laming. Just kinda... disrespectful. Marker, I think you get a little too excited about revenge.

Disrespectful, laming, it's six in 1 hand & half dozen in the other so IMO, you just contradicted yourself.

I did get a little carried away with posting about this but I don't care really. This was this guy getting what he deserved & I loved it.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Well I think it's quite stupid to bow when to someone you don't know, I only bow when bowed to just for the sake of being cool with someone and moving the game along. IMO a gg or gf after a match is all that's needed. Hell, I even say gf to the biggest asses in the world - win or lose :p

Agreed. I just didn't appreciate getting attacked while bowing, again it's my own fault but still. I knew the guy knew better so for me it was on like the sun.

Name calling isn't necessarily childish, everyone does that from time to time (online or not) & anyone who says they don't is pretty much playing holier than thou & is full of **it.

The reason you said those things are childish, not the namecalling part.

All I did was call it as I saw it, you can take that anyway you like & I guarantee the majority of Duel mode players would have seen it in the exact same fashion. A cheap move done because that's the only way the guy could win, which again, he did not win another fight afterwards.If a person is taunting you & you attack them, I could see that as being okay but not bowing before battle. It's just a cheap thing to do any way you look at it.

I come from the competitive dueling community. We wouldn't see it that way. Please don't assume that the whole dueling community are asshole 12 year olds full of dreams of honor much like yourself.

Again, name calling is not necessarily an adolescent thing to do, uncivilized perhaps but not adolescent. If you & your wife are walking down a street & some guy grabs your wifes ass, are you not going to take a swing at him?

Again, it depends on the situation. Your reason for doing this was adolescent and completely idiotic.

The point is there is a time to be civil & a time to not be civil, if you don't stand up for yourself then you are pretty much punking yourself out. That shouldn't vary just because you are playing a video game online.If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?

You were quick to become uncivil. Who cares if he attacked you while you were doing your obsessive-compulsive ritual of bowing before a fight? Just chill out. No need to cry.

The point is being a jagoff is being a jagoff. Realistically, the game has nothing to do with it.No one's saying you have to bow, all we are saying is don't be a premature jagoff & take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & allow your opponent to finish their bow - that's all. if they taunt you, well that's different, attack all you want, but this is not a taunt, it's a bow, just like saying "Good Luck", "Good Fight", "Nice One", or whatever, bowing is no different.

Oh ok now I have to go by your rules and wait for you to bow. Sorry, I want nothing to do with your little honor circle-jerk party. I don't aknowledge bowing as a respectful thing, it's more like "hey look I got my defenses down, you can come kill me now."

I was courteous to everyone else in the room, I just wasn't to this guy for obvious reasons. It's not like I just started acting this way for no reason, I was cool with everyone else in the room & they were not only cool with me, they were rooting for me as well - that *should* tell you something.Saying "it's just a game" IMO is just a copout to being a jerk. Again, being a jerk is being a jerk, the game is irrelevant.

[sarcasm]Ah so you were being backed up by fellow 12 year old jedis who cleverly name themselves Darth Chewbacca. That sure justifies it.[/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Also, this isn't just the way I play, this is the way 90% of the Duel mode players play. Join a Duel server & attack someone before while they are bowing - watch what happens. I bet the people in the room will have the exact same reaction that I do.I could see it being wrong to act that way to the guy if he was a newcomer but he's been around for awhile & I knew he knew better. This was just this guy getting what he deserved.

You're wrong there about that statistic. Look at all the competitive duel ladders out there. Do they bow or cry "LAMER!!!" like your honor crowd? No.

Perhaps I took it to far with going to the forums, you may be right on that account, but I felt like sharing so I did. If the guy did something he didn't want posted everywhere, well then maybe he shouldn't have done it in the first place. A simple apology would have reconciled the whole thing, instead he chose to continue being a jagoff so fu#* 'em.It's not like we're saying "you're a lamer because you don't bow" or anything like that, what I'm saying is it's totally cheap to attack your opponent while he's bowing to you - any way you look at it, for you to do that makes you a premature jagoff or just a n00b (literally). The guy wasn't a n00b. Now maybe things are different in FFA, I really wouldn't know, but in Duel that's just how it goes & I guarantee the majority of the Duel mode only players out there would agree with me.

I think this guy would be pretty pleased to have gotten this reaction out of you and these responses on this thread too. I don't play FFA. Just competitive ff s/o TFFA, Full Force Duel and ff /so CTF (maybe once xmod2 gets off) so I wouldn't know what FFA is like either. Ask about this to any competitive player and I guarantee you will be laughed at.

I can understand where you are coming from with those people that say "you should always bow", that's a little much, but at the very least you should prewarn your opponent not to bow to you because you will attack; Bind it if need be or something. That was not the case in this scenario, the guy knew the Duel mode routin & pulled a cheap move = weak.

Maybe you shouldn't assume that everyone will bow to you. But again you're probably too full of yourself to think someone would ever not bow to your highness, Marker.

I'm not sure where cheating came into the picture but we'll have to deal with one subject at a time. I chat quite a bit with most of the big names in the modding community & I should be one of them once CM is launched. Almost all of them know who I am because I contribute to most their projects in some fashion, so I'm sure if any third party programs ever come into the picture as being a problem to the community then we'll deal with it at that time; But realistically I don't ever see that being that big of a problem since it wasn't for JK2.

You still don't get my point do you? You're complaining about how people play (yet they're using valid non-cheating tactics). I'd just like to know how mad you may get if someone cheats against you. Maybe you'll throw a huge tantrum and start yelling "LAMER" while using console commands like /amcry and then post on every single forum that this guy is a cheater, and maybe then you'd run to your mother and cry.

Good, I'd love to play you sometime. If this is how you choose to play then you are either not a Duel mode player or you just suck. All the good Duel mode players do not play in that fashion & the fact that you do tells me something. My contact info is in my signature as well as my in-game names... anytime man, anytime. ;-)

As I said earlier, I am a seasoned duel mode player but I don't pub because frankly there is no challenge in pubbing on full force duel servers as basically all the little honor newbies on there complain about my use of force (while the server is ff).

Disrespectful, laming, it's six in 1 hand & half dozen in the other so IMO, you just contradicted yourself.

Ok, so I'm now labeled disrespectful because I've been banned many times from JK2 servers in the past for "laming." I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Look, I am a courteous player...

...I, of course, talk some more trash like "Not so tough when you're not sneak attacking are ya b!tch" etc; etc...

What awfully convenient and self-serving definitions of "sportsmanship" and "courteous" you must have.

It may seem a little adolescent to post about it in the forums...

No? Really, you think so?

Look, if you don't want to bow - that's fine, no one is saying you *have* to bow, but try & understand that when someone bows to you they are showing you respect & to attack them while they bow to you is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in the game.

Where does subjecting everyone else on the server to your "trash talk" with expressions like "b!tch" and "gh3y" fall into the "respectful" equation?

Frankly I don't care if this guy gouged out your eyes and shot your dog; retaliating via the chat command is juvenile, nothing to be proud of, and the worst example of "sportsmanship" I've heard.

Saying gay like that is just another way of saying lame because IMO (& most others) being gay is lame...

You know what most people would say is lame? An adult playing video games. You want even lamer? Same adult spewing profanity, prejudice and abusive language because he lost his temper while playing. Worse still? Doing all the above fully knowing you're most likely in the presence of children.

BTW, just because other people share your homophobia, that doesn't justify it.

I was courteous to everyone else in the room...

By setting such a "stellar" example for them? I beg to differ.

Name calling isn't necessarily childish...

Sure it is, f*ckface. (Did that come across as mature?)

Was there supposed to be an analogy there?

If a ref calls 2 boxers to knock gloves at the beginning of a fight & 1 of the boxers takes a cheap shot at the other boxer, does everyone stand back & say "Eh, it's just a fight"?

Maybe instead they should say, "Right or wrong, that's just the way it is."

Pot, say "hi" to kettle!

Done fishin... thanks!

Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule. Just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Sure, lamers can be disrespectful, such as those who break server rules although they know what the rules are. But just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Infact, there really is no lamer in duels.

Not only that, it was on that Rancor map & he tried running & hiding in that small area with the 3 ledges & special attacking me from there.

You mean like Luke did in RotJ, no way, strike that Jedi down, give into your anger. Don't let the n00b ambush in you warfare, whats that all about...sheesh...some people.

btw: gay also means happy,

and a fag is a ciggarette in some cultures.

How so? Just because I did all this to this guy after he lamed me?

Again, I'm not saying it's not my own fault for being attacked, my guard should have been up either way, however, it does not change the fact is was a cheap & unsportsmanlike thing to do.

you obviously aren't a seriously curteous player. a true curteous player would not stoop to the two year old method of calling him names and badmouthing him. he obviously made a huge mark on your e-life and e-wellbeing with that move.

and just why the hell were you bowing long enough for him to run up to you and slash you?

Archived