Home

Vengeance Cast Upon Lamers = Too Cool

Marker0077

Originally posted by g//plaZma

The reason you said those things are childish, not the namecalling part.

Just a difference in opinion. Yours against ours.

I come from the competitive dueling community. We wouldn't see it that way. Please don't assume that the whole dueling community are asshole 12 year olds full of dreams of honor much like yourself.

There may be a bit more pressure as far as ladders go but it's no more competitive than playing Duel mode regularly.

I'm not assuming anything. I talk with the DarkSide community (which is where alot of the best Duel mode players play) via there forums & in-game. I also communicate with alot of Duel mode players in-game, ICQ, & MSN IM so I know exactly what their opinion is. Very rarely do we find people with your beliefs. I'm not assuming a damn thing.

Again, it depends on the situation. Your reason for doing this was adolescent and completely idiotic.

Imagine the irony. We share a difference in opinion so you leave derogatory commentary my way, all the long while preaching to me about being civilized.

You were quick to become uncivil. Who cares if he attacked you while you were doing your obsessive-compulsive ritual of bowing before a fight? Just chill out. No need to cry.

Quick to become uncivil? Exactly what else would need to happen for becoming uncivil to be okay?

Realistically, it is never really okay to be uncivil but I felt like having some balls & standing up for myself. So I did. I don't understand why I am getting the third degree from you because I see things the same way the majority of the Duel mode community does.

Oh ok now I have to go by your rules and wait for you to bow. Sorry, I want nothing to do with your little honor circle-jerk party. I don't aknowledge bowing as a respectful thing, it's more like "hey look I got my defenses down, you can come kill me now."

It's not my rules, it's just the understanding of the majority of the Duel mode players out there. If you were to do this to anyone in that community they would not act any different, everyone in that room would boo you for being cheap.

[sarcasm]Ah so you were being backed up by fellow 12 year old jedis who cleverly name themselves Darth Chewbacca. That sure justifies it.[/sarcasm]

I've played 8 year olds who got boo'ed in the game for attacking while bowing, he said "don't make fun of me, I'm only 8 & I just got this game". I apologized to the guy & he didn't do it again.

Age has little to do with it. Yes, adolescents are more compelled to be jerks & whatnot but that certainly doesn't excuse it.

You're wrong there about that statistic. Look at all the competitive duel ladders out there. Do they bow or cry "LAMER!!!" like your honor crowd? No.

I don't play on ladders really, I just play in the community & that's their belief. I would imagine it wouldn't be any different for the ladder communities but of course, the majority of Duel servers are not FF so the fact that you play in FF Duel ladders would more than likely put you in a minority of the Duel community, which would explain your lack of understanding our beliefs.

That statistic is anything but off. Again, go do the online experiment. Join a Duel mode server & attack someone while they are bowing & watch what happens, especially in the DarkSide community. That's proof enough & if you choose to not accept it from that point then you are just being ignorant & there's nothing that is going to change your mind.

I think this guy would be pretty pleased to have gotten this reaction out of you and these responses on this thread too. I don't play FFA. Just competitive ff s/o TFFA, Full Force Duel and ff /so CTF (maybe once xmod2 gets off) so I wouldn't know what FFA is like either. Ask about this to any competitive player and I guarantee you will be laughed at.

That may be the case but I am not referring to TFFA so I wouldn't know what your community considers sportsmanship; I am referring to Duel mode & what we consider sportsmanship. I've stated this time & time again all throughout all of my posts & the majority of Duel servers has little to no force powers. Most have jump only since force powers really take away from the actual duel.

Don't get me wrong, force powers are cool & all, they're just not my cup of tea nor the majority of Duel mode players either considering most servers don't use them. I would like to get into them someday.

Maybe you shouldn't assume that everyone will bow to you. But again you're probably too full of yourself to think someone would ever not bow to your highness, Marker.

Yet again, I'm not saying the guy should bow, I am saying he shouldn't attack while I'm bowing.

As for "your highness", I'm not playing holier than thou but thanks again for leaving derogatory commentary. Nothing more useful than that.

You still don't get my point do you? You're complaining about how people play (yet they're using valid non-cheating tactics). I'd just like to know how mad you may get if someone cheats against you. Maybe you'll throw a huge tantrum and start yelling "LAMER" while using console commands like /amcry and then post on every single forum that this guy is a cheater, and maybe then you'd run to your mother and cry.

I never said the guy was cheating, I said he was being cheap = big difference.

If I had run into a cheater I would leave since there's nothing I could do really. All I can do is switch to a DarkSide server. If the cheater goes there, the DS admins will ban out the persons range & that will solve the problem altogether.

Very seldom do I ever "throw a tantrum". Now this is not literally throwing a tantrum but I think I get what it is you are implying. In order for me to go to those lengths it would have to be something personal. This was no where even remotely near that.

As I said earlier, I am a seasoned duel mode player but I don't pub because frankly there is no challenge in pubbing on full force duel servers as basically all the little honor newbies on there complain about my use of force (while the server is ff).

Most people aren't very good, this is another reason why I play on DarkSide, it's where I can find a challenge at times.

Most servers aren't even FF so I can't imagine there even being any good FF Duel players but anything is possible I suppose.

Ok, so I'm now labeled disrespectful because I've been banned many times from JK2 servers in the past for "laming." I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ummm, that comment wasn't even directed towards you because you weren't the one who said it. You should read from the actual posts, not from the quotes (I'm guessing that's what you did).
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

What awfully convenient and self-serving definitions of "sportsmanship" and "courteous" you must have.

lol. Like I said before, it's not like I just started acting that way right off the bat. The guy had what was comin to him. He was well aware of how everyone was going to feel about it & he did it anyways so fu#* 'em.

No? Really, you think so?

Perhaps but certainly no more adolescent than leaving derogatory commentary towards someone else simply because you don't share the same opinion.

Where does subjecting everyone else on the server to your "trash talk" with expressions like "b!tch" and "gh3y" fall into the "respectful" equation?

Frankly I don't care if this guy gouged out your eyes and shot your dog; retaliating via the chat command is juvenile, nothing to be proud of, and the worst example of "sportsmanship" I've heard.

First off, I never said that saying those things was respectful.

Secondly, just because you talk smack to someone that doesn't make you juvenile. This part goes back to the "holier than thou" thing, for anyone to say they don't talk smack to other players, online or not, is full of **it. Everyone does it at one point or another. I did it when dealing with a lamer & not only did everyone not mind, they joined in. It was way cool.

You know what most people would say is lame?

Well considering we chat while we are waiting to play, I play pretty much everyday, I chat with the community via a variety of forums, ICQ, & MSN IM - ya I think I would know. Mainly the talking with everyone while waiting to play, when you do that everday for a year or so you get the idea of what that communities opinion is.

An adult playing video games. You want even lamer?

Ya, we all know how lame it is for an adult to play a video game. :-/

What's next? Eating ice cream & drinking soda? Good god, how lame is that.

Same adult spewing profanity, prejudice and abusive language because he lost his temper while playing. Worse still? Doing all the above fully knowing you're most likely in the presence of children

The majority of the people playing JK2 & JK3 are in the 14 to 28 year range. I think I've ran into kids being younger than that no more than 3 times & you get some over 30 year olds a bit as well, but mostly within the 14 to 28 year old range.

Even if that wasn't the case though, do you think most family households are the Brady Bunch? Moms don't curse at Dads & vice versa, etc; etc? You think seeing those words online once in a blue moon is going to cause another Columbine incedent? Get a grip man. It's not that big of a deal.

BTW, just because other people share your homophobia, that doesn't justify it.

So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic? eeeyah, you keep fishin pal.

By setting such a "stellar" example for them? I beg to differ.

Like I said, everyone else in the room agreed with me & were saying he was cheap & whatnot as well. That was stated in the first post. I said "Good Fight", "Good Luck", & even "Thank You" to when they complimented me on how well I was playing (yes, I actually have all that bound). This guy was the only one that got this type of treatment so no, I didn't set a bad example. Perhaps if you were apart of the Duel mode community you would understand. Personally, I just see you as giving me derogatory commentary just because you don't agree with our opinions.

Sure it is, f*ckface. (Did that come across as mature?)

If someone is in a room cheating & it's plain as day that he is & you call him a cheater, is that immature? This was no different, the guy pulled a cheap move so I called him cheap. Now you are right as far as calling him b!tch & whatnot goes but not all of the comments I made were immature.

Now you saying that just because you don't agree with our opinion would make your statement immature, but we all know that was just an example & not the case. :-)

Was there supposed to be an analogy there?

More like a comparison but how that applies to what we are talking about is plain as day. If you don't get it then I doubt you would get an explination either.

Maybe instead they should say, "Right or wrong, that's just the way it is."

Actually at some point they would have to, but that doesn't mean they would agree with it.

Again, the relevance in this statement is appearent. You can choose to be ignorant if you like but it's certainly not going to change anyones opinion.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule. Just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Sure, lamers can be disrespectful, such as those who break server rules although they know what the rules are. But just because someone is disrespectful doesn't mean they are a lamer. Infact, there really is no lamer in duels.

Just a difference in opinion. To me, if you are disrespectful, that's lame. Now I understand what it is you are saying, just because you drink every now & again that doesn't make you an alcoholic etc; etc. & I guess you are right on that for the most part but in this case, the guy knew exactly what he was doing. He was being a lamer.

As for the "no lamer in duels" thing, again, just a difference in opinion & I bet the majority of the Duel mode players out there would agree.

Originally posted by eniaC

You mean like Luke did in RotJ, no way, strike that Jedi down, give into your anger. Don't let the n00b ambush in you warfare, whats that all about...sheesh...some people.

btw: gay also means happy,

and a fag is a ciggarette in some cultures.

Alright, you are right on this one. I did make it seem like him running to the ledge was an unsporty thing to do & it wasn't. So that's my mistake & apologies as far as that is concerned.

As for the gay & fag thing, the point was that using those words in that fashion is very common place. I apologize if I offended any homo's out there, it wasn't my intent but again, it's really common among Americans & making a hub-ub about it isn't going to change anything. It's just going to make you look like a whiner.

Originally posted by Rumor

you obviously aren't a seriously curteous player. a true curteous player would not stoop to the two year old method of calling him names and badmouthing him. he obviously made a huge mark on your e-life and e-wellbeing with that move.

It was uncivilized but certainly not uncalled for. Because of my actions, & the others as well, the guy left the room hella pist & we probably ruined the game for him maybe even for the rest of the night. Now while that in itself is not cool, think of it this way. How quick do you think he will be to do that again? Probably not to quick, he might just think about it for a second & if he doesn't, I'm sure it will happen to him again. Either he'll stop playing the game or get with the program - either way, problem solved.

and just why the hell were you bowing long enough for him to run up to you and slash you?

Good point. To be honest I don't recall, I think I may have been taking a sip from my drink or something & then bowed, I'm not sure really. It's not like I did a bunch of taunts or bowed a couple times or anything like that, I did the 1 bow with a "Good Luck" & got lamed.

wow marker you really take offense to someone chastizing you.

your posts are filled with self serving bull**** that you think everyone follows your rules.

thing is its morons like you that need a reality check. i'll go dig up the url for a demo and let you see what civility is really about.

oh and the top duelers in the community right?

for nf: fatal and brutal? they are at the top of their game.

ff: ap/kaoticz duelers can school anyone else (till fk comes back)

wow marker you really take offense to someone chastizing you.

I'm guessing you're under the impression that I'm pist here but I'm not. I apologize if it came out that way. I may be sarcastic from time to time but I don't mean anything personal by anything.

your posts are filled with self serving bull**** that you think everyone follows your rules.

Ya, it's clear you either have no clue what you're talking about, or what I'm talking about.

I play JK Duel mode almost everyday, somedays I play for 8 to 12 hours at a time, most days it's just for an hour or 2. While waiting to play, I chat with those whom I am playing. This is something I've been doing for over a year now. I know exactly what the Duel mode communities opinion is (i.e. rules), it's you whom appearently doesn't.

oh and the top duelers in the community right?

for nf: fatal and brutal? they are at the top of their game.

ff: ap/kaoticz duelers can school anyone else (till fk comes back)

Sooo, you know some people who are good in some ladders so that means that you are "in" the Duel community. ya you're right, I need a reality check.

Look, if anyone wants to challenge me, my contact info & in-game names are in my sig. Now I don't know anything about these ladders, they could be filled with skilled players or n00bs for al I know. What I do know is, we play a "Mortal Combat" at DS, which means a neverending tournament. Stats are reset at the beginning of each month. Come & play on DS sometime, wait till someone schools you, then look at the stats. Then imagine where our top 10 boys are at. "Reality check" that dude.

Originally posted by MasterSidious

I'm not 21, I'm just 16 and I can realize that its just a ****ing god damn game here ppl. I mean seriously! Its a sweet game and all but calmn the **** down.

I'm cool as snow yo. I know what I'm talking about, yet again, I apologize if anyone thought I was upset. I may be sarcastic but I don't mean any offense at any time.

BTW, I would never spend the time to write that large of a post lol

lol, ya & appearently most people don't take the time to read them either. What I think is funny is them talking smack to me again after not even reading what I said in the first place.

Originally posted by Marker0077

I While waiting to play, I chat with those whom I am playing. This is something I've been doing for over a year now.

I hate that

That is so damn rude to fill up the screen with chat garbage when two people are dueling.

That use to be my favorite game type until all the damn binds/killtrackers/and just plain out chatting destroyed it for me.

Mark you said "So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic? eeeyah, you keep fishin pal." Gay as an insult is not common place, if you think it is, you're homophobic. Why? Because anyone who is truly OK with gay people will never use it as an insult. The only people who have a right to use gay as an insult are gay people themselves and you'll find a mere handful (those usually worried about their sexuality) will.

I don't know if you've realised yet but you keep saying the majority believe what you do about people like this guy you killed...but in this thread the majority have either laughed in your face or stated quite clearly how wrong they think you are.

I'd leave it if I were you, you're in the minority here no matter what you believe and insulting people helps non.

There may be a bit more pressure as far as ladders go but it's no more competitive than playing Duel mode regularly.

Wrong. Competitive players know the game inside and out. Maybe someone should post demos of some of the oldschool JK2 FF duel matches.

I'm not assuming anything. I talk with the DarkSide community (which is where alot of the best Duel mode players play) via there forums & in-game. I also communicate with alot of Duel mode players in-game, ICQ, & MSN IM so I know exactly what their opinion is. Very rarely do we find people with your beliefs. I'm not assuming a damn thing.Imagine the irony. We share a difference in opinion so you leave derogatory commentary my way, all the long while preaching to me about being civilized.Quick to become uncivil? Exactly what else would need to happen for becoming uncivil to be okay?

haha DarkSide huh? Yeah, two of the best players on the DarkSide stats (not ranked too high right now cuz they probably don't play as much), brutal+/< and fatal+/< are part of my team (clan) so plz stfu. DarkSide players aren't that good.

Realistically, it is never really okay to be uncivil but I felt like having some balls & standing up for myself. So I did. I don't understand why I am getting the third degree from you because I see things the same way the majority of the Duel mode community does.It's not my rules, it's just the understanding of the majority of the Duel mode players out there. If you were to do this to anyone in that community they would not act any different, everyone in that room would boo you for being cheap.I've played 8 year olds who got boo'ed in the game for attacking while bowing, he said "don't make fun of me, I'm only 8 & I just got this game". I apologized to the guy & he didn't do it again.

In the competitive community it's a common belief that standing up for yourself is winning. Flaming does come in but it's mostly just friendly poking fun. No need to get all serious about it.

Age has little to do with it. Yes, adolescents are more compelled to be jersk & whatnot but that certainly doesn't excuse it.

I wouldn't exactly put it up to you to set the standard in age. I mean look at you, you're 21 (or so it says in your avatar) and you bow to other fellow honorable jedis to show your honor in an online multiplayer game. See my point?

I don't play on ladders really, I just play in the community & that's their belief. I would imagine it wouldn't be any different for the ladder communities but of course, the majority of Duel servers are not FF so the fact that you play in FF Duel ladders would mroe than likely put you in a minority of the Duel community, which would explain your lack of understanding our beliefs.

Actually, there's always been more activity in the JK2 FF dueling ladders than NF.

That statistic is anything but off. Again, go do the online experiment. Join a Duel mode server & attack someone while they are bowing & watch what happens, especially in the DarkSide community. That's proof enough & if you choose to not accept it from that point then you are just being ignorant & there's nothing that is going to change your mind.

I know what happens. I get the whole server yelling at me and telling me I have no honorz, as I proceed to kick ass and half way after I win 10 duels straight, I get vote-kicked off because no one can handle it. Been there, done that. As for the ignorant comment... laff.

That may be the case but I am not referring to TFFA so I wouldn't know what your community considers sportsmanship; I am referring to Duel mode & what we consider sportsmanship. I've stated this time & time again all throughout all of my posts & the majority of Duel servers has little to no force powers. Most have jump only since force powers really take away from the actual duel.

Again, someone should post some oldschool JK2 FF duel demos. That's real dueling.

Don't get me wrong, force powers are cool & all, they're just not my cup of tea nor the majority of Duel mode players either considering most servers don't use them. I would like to get into them someday.Yet again, I'm not saying the guy should bow, I am saying he shouldn't attack while I'm bowing.

Force adds more complexity to the game and therefore is shunned by most pubs. And that's the reason why it's played most in ladders.

As for "your highness", I'm not playing holier than thou but thanks again for leaving derogatory commentary. Nothing more useful than that.

Comments like "You suck Flipside" isn't playing holier than thou? Oh ok.

I never said the guy was cheating, I said he was being cheap = big difference.

Stfu honor nub. That's not what I said. If Darth Chewbacca didn't just blow a load in your eyes then maybe I think you would have read it better.

If I had run into a cheater I would leave since there's nothing I could do really. All I can do is switch to a DarkSide server. If the cheater goes there, the DS admins will ban out the persons range & that will solve the problem altogether.

^refer to my above statement. This may help you too:

com·pre·hen·sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmpr-hnshn)

n.

The act or fact of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

The knowledge that is acquired in this way.

Capacity to include.

Logic. The sum of meanings and corresponding implications inherent in a term.

Very seldom do I ever "throw a tantrum". Now this is not literally throwing a tantrum but I think I get what it is you are implying. In orderfor me to go to those lengths it would have to be something personal. This was no where even remotely near that.

So that evil honorless sith attacking you while you were showing your infinite virtual honor didn't affect your "e-life" and "e-wellbeing"????!!!!!!

You are my hero, honorable jedi master!

Most people aren't very good, this is another reason why I play on DarkSide, it's where I can find a challenge at times.

Again, two of my teammates (clanmates) are among the top of the list on that stat server.

Most servers aren't even FF so I can't imagine there even being any good FF Duel players but anything is possible I suppose.

Yeah, you need to watch those jk2 demos...

Ummm, that comment wasn't even directed towards you because you were'nt the one who said it. You should read from the actual posts, not from the quotes (I'm guessing that's what you did).

Your comment was directed to the general public. Saying laming and disrespect is the same applies to me too.

GG nerd.

lol. Wow, ppl are oppinionated. Especially with the big posts. I feel I get really pissed sometimes at people in game too, but this doesn't mean that I want to ban them or hate them forever. I just move on as time goes by like I treat everything else.

BTW Wade, how dare you you ****ing old school freak. Do not "chastize" or whatever for the use of the word "gay". Its "up-to-date" meaning is stupid, dumb or something along these lines. The word makes it so that when you're older you don't have to say things like, "You are stupid"(<------ not cool shizzy). So there's an explanation for the word gay. Its a new much better word. Use it and love it bitch. :D

o yes i know a couple considering i have dueled ever since i started playing jk2.

fatal and brutal? they are in my clan and i recruited them duh.

as for you knowing the mentality of duelers? you are obviously only around those that strictly adhere to the honor codez cuz tehy r teh leif.

that was a small portion of the community compared to the ones that hated that bull**** in jk2.

of course you are teh allmighty marker you know everything.

not in ja no. but those that us that were at the top of the game in jk2 know ff/so in and out and can easily take you down. even though many of us have only booted up the game to test xmod and to do matches on TWL. funny how the top 2 teams on the ff/so tdm ladder never even play but when they have a match? funny how they are both teams that were in the top 3/4 for ff/so tdm in jk2? funny how the clans we've faced have practiced day in and day out with this game but we continually rape their pink sphincters?

Laming is different from being disrespectful. By my book, lamers are only ONE thing: A person who breaks the saber off = peace rule.

definition of lame:

One entry found for lame.

Main Entry: 1lame

Pronunciation: 'lAm

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): lam·er; lam·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down

Date: before 12th century

1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness <a lame shoulder>

2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : WEAK, INEFFECTUAL <a lame excuse>

3 slang : not being in the know : SQUARE

- lame·ly adverb

- lame·ness noun

synonyms for lame:

Entry Word: lame-brain

Function: noun

Text: Synonyms DUNCE, chowderhead, chucklehead, dope, ||dumbhead, dunderhead, noddy, noodle, ||schnook, ||stupe

not being in the know

weak

who's the lame ones again, I forgot.

MasterSidious...I live in the 21st century too and that is certainly not a word for stupid. It originally meant happy, then it became the word for homosexual - words do change. It still is the word for homosexual and so to use it to mean "stupid" as well is extremely rude and ignorant.

I have no idea where you got that idea from but that was my point, some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context when it really is not.

I think people who bitch about laming/no honor/bowing are just drama queens looking for attention.

I mean really, it's just a ****ing video game.

Play it, kill **** and blow **** up and have a good time.

Who gives two ***** if some guy violates your silly little made up role playing virtual code of ethics?

Damn, why is it so hard for some of you to just play the game and leave the little girl drama at home?

:rolleyes:

Nah I was making fun of him ;)

Anyways, this thought just struck me...

How will the JA community deal with cheating (3rd party cheat programs) if it ever arises if they can't even deal with simple gameplay? I don't want to think about it...

Simple. Run a pure server, use XMOD and ban all whiners.

"you just agreed with me that it can be used in that context. LOL dumb ass. Thanks"

Firstly you had to insult me didn't you?

Secondly your understanding of the english language must be poor to think what I said meant I was agreeing with you.

some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context

some people - human beings in a minority

honestly believe - have in their minds that

it is fine to use it - speaking/typing the word gay

in that conext - is ok to be used as an insult

So..... human beings in a minority have in their minds that speaking/typing the word gay is ok to be used as an insult.

Did I ever say it is OK? No.

Don't argue with someone who has a firm grasp of the english language and who's trying to point out prejudism. You make yourself out to be a fool in both instances if you ignore this advice.

And those odd times I make a typo...that's a typo, not a poor grasp of the english language nor a grammatical error. Remember that.

You don't play much. At least not in Duel mode. If you did, you would understand.

Eh? Understand what? I understand that bowing and then calling people names is not the way to show respect. And how do you know when, where, and how often I play? And really, what does it matter in this case?

Originally posted by eniaC

I hate that

That is so damn rude to fill up the screen with chat garbage when two people are dueling.

That use to be my favorite game type until all the damn binds/killtrackers/and just plain out chatting destroyed it for me.

I was referring to JK2 more than JK3, I'm not a fan of all the chatting while playing either but this will be fixed soon. Chosen One has already made a CVar for putting this back to the way it was in JK2 & I believe Razorace is doing this as well, along with one to put chat back to the top of the screen.
Originally posted by WadeV1589

Mark you said "So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic? eeeyah, you keep fishin pal." Gay as an insult is not common place, if you think it is, you're homophobic.

Ya right, you're gay.

lol, I'm just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I don't know why you don't think that it isn't common place, I hear people say it all the time not only in America, but the UK as well. More with Americans but I do hear it occasionally from my UK friends as well.

Why? Because anyone who is truly OK with gay people will never use it as an insult. The only people who have a right to use gay as an insult are gay people themselves and you'll find a mere handful (those usually worried about their sexuality) will.

Riiiiiight, & black people are the only ones that can say n*gger also right? Wrong, this is america & anyone can say anything they like, now that might lead up to a fight but that's the chance you take I guess.

To be honest, I'm not okay with gays. I think a dude bangin another dude is one of the most disgusting things to ever exist, oddly enough I don't have a problem with watching 2 girls go at it but to each their own. Now just because I don't agree with their sexual preferance, that doesn't make me homophobic. It just makes me a hedrosexual. Try to be a little bit more open minded. I'm not rainin on anyones gay parade, don't be so sensitive about how people choose their terminology, I didn't start the saying FFS.

Either way though, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

I don't know if you've realised yet but you keep saying the majority believe what you do about people like this guy you killed...but in this thread the majority have either laughed in your face or stated quite clearly how wrong they think you are.

Um, again, read what's going on before you post. There's really only 2 people disagreeing with me here & you're one of them. For the most part, people are looking at the book of posts & moving on without bothering to read them. Can't say I blame them, this debate is rather pointless.

I'd leave it if I were you, you're in the minority here no matter what you believe and insulting people helps non.

ya, that 2 to 1 majority will get you everytime (lol).

Wrong. Competitive players know the game inside and out. Maybe someone should post demos of some of the oldschool JK2 FF duel matches.

Oh that's right, because you play on a ladder that gives you worlds of more knowledge than the normal players who play everyday. Ya right man. On a ladder you might play better players back to back but not much more. Not only that, it sounds to me like you're just playing the same people over & over.

Either way though, your lack of understanding what the majority of the Duel mode community leads me to believe you don't know what you are talking about. Keep in mind, I'm talking about things from a Duel mode perspective & most Duel servers are NF or jump only. You seem to be coming from a FF only perspective which I can't say 1 thing about 1 way or the other but I would think it wouldn't be much different.

haha DarkSide huh? Yeah, two of the best players on the DarkSide stats (not ranked too high right now cuz they probably don't play as much), brutal+/< and fatal+/< are part of my team (clan) so plz stfu. DarkSide players aren't that good.

That's the thing, you talk all this smack but yet you haven't responded to any of my challenges. I'm not one of the top DS players but I still have the heart to play - you won't even accept the damn challenge. This is the third time FFS.

As for Fatal, I think I remember him from the JK2 days, not positive though. Why is it that you are the one talking all this smack? Where are they? If he was a DS player then he'd know exactly what I'm talking about. Where is he?

Exactly, you're all talk dude.

In the competitive community it's a common belief that standing up for yourself is winning. Flaming does come in but it's mostly just friendly poking fun. No need to get all serious about it.

Standing up for yourself & winning has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with each other - nothing.

Please keep talking dude, by some of the stuff you say your just proving to me time & time again you are not half as good as the guys you keep bringing up.

I wouldn't exactly put it up to you to set the standard in age. I mean look at you, you're 21 (or so it says in your avatar) and you bow to other fellow honorable jedis to show your honor in an online multiplayer game. See my point?

My avatar says that was me on my 21st birthday, it doesn't say I am 21.

Secondly, yet again, I've been playing since JK first came out & because I play nothing but Duel mode, there is time to chat with those who are online so when you spend over a year talking with the community, you develop certain facts.

Look, I know I know what I am talking about. I really wish you would stop playing it out like you do as well.

Actually, there's always been more activity in the JK2 FF dueling ladders than NF.

Ladders is the operative word there, did I say ladders?

Anyways, I just did an update using ASE for Duel mode only servers. There are a total of 3 Duel FF servers online & not 1 of them has anyone in them. There are a total of 39 No Force servers. There are a total of 53 servers, so that obviously means there are total of 14 servers that have inbetween settings. Now I noticed that DarkSide & some BWN servers were in the no force list, so appearently ASE lists the force jump only servers in with the no force servers.

For JK2, there are a total of 20 online servers. 4 of them are FF, 10 of them are NF. So that would leave 6 with inbetween.

Again, there are not that many FF Duel servers.

I know what happens. I get the whole server yelling at me and telling me I have no honorz, as I proceed to kick ass and half way after I win 10 duels straight, I get vote-kicked off because no one can handle it. Been there, done that. As for the ignorant comment... laff.

So it's everyone in the server? It's not you, it's everyone else? You're right, you're not ignorant.

Let's just say for the sake of the arguement that what you are saying is true. They all can't handle j00 1337 skillz so they vote you out & everyone at DS sucks, so why don't you play there? There's no way you are going to get that treatment at DS & everyone who plays there sucks so you'll win right? Why not play there?

What you say just doesn't add up dude & I'm starting to think you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it. I'm really trying to show you what our point of view is but I'd really appreciate it if you would listen to yourself from time to time.

Again, someone should post some oldschool JK2 FF duel demos. That's real dueling.

Perhaps but what "real dueling" is is a matter of opinion. I think NF dueling is where it's at, you think FF is where it's at. Neither of us is wrong, just an opinion difference - nothing more.

Most people play NF but I can understand the "What's Star Wars without force powers" concept also. I would like to get into FF someday but I have to go with the masses for the time being.

Force adds more complexity to the game and therefore is shunned by most pubs. And that's the reason why it's played most in ladders.

"by most pubs"? You're being similar to stereotypical except you're the only one that says that. I can't help you understand where we are coming from if you're not even going to be open minded towards it. Then again, perhaps you've already made your decision & you've been wasting both of our time.

FF would add more a bit more complexity to the game but pple constantly healing & making Duels take so much longer than necessarry gets old real fast. I think that's probably why most people choose NF only. That & force powers get in the way of the actual duel.

Comments like "You suck Flipside" isn't playing holier than thou? Oh ok.

No it's not, it's being derogatory. Saying "I'm better than you" *might* be considered holier than thou, even that's a grey area, it's really how you look at it.

Stfu honor nub. That's not what I said. If Darth Chewbacca didn't just blow a load in your eyes then maybe I think you would have read it better.

Wow, we have some real intellectual conversationists in the house tonight don't we folks?

Saying "You're complaining about how people play (yet they're using valid non-cheating tactics). " isn't saying that but then again, it's not that far off now is it?

Again, two of my teammates (clanmates) are among the top of the list on that stat server.

That's great & all but we're not talking about them, the fact that you know (for the sake of the arguement) good players doesn't compare with the majority of the people out there playing Duel mode. If whomever is or was a DS player & is or was all this & that, bring them forth & let them speak. I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Yeah, you need to watch those jk2 demos...

No, you need to look at the server numbers - that's where I get my info. Look, I'm not saying that JK2 FF duel wasn't cool, I'm sure it was tit's city, but we're moving onto JK3 now & there really isn't a FF duel community for JK3. Servers have certain variables that they have viewable from the net, one of which is one called "g_forcePowerDisable" & that tells you what the server is set to. Comparing the Raven lists from tonight, you would get more JK2 NF duel servers than you would if you put the JK2 & JK3 FF duel servers together.

Your comment was directed to the general public. Saying laming and disrespect is the same applies to me too.

My comment was directed towards someone else, it was posted in public but it doesn't change the facts.

let's do a quick recap. You said "Ok, so I'm now labeled disrespectful because I've been banned many times from JK2 servers in the past for "laming." I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up"". Now by stating "so I'm now labeled disrespectful" would lead anyone with common sense to believe that you were thinking that comment was directed towards you.

When it's someone elses name in the quotes - that's not to you.

And what I said was being disrespectful is lame. Is english not your first language? At this point, I'm not kidding. Is english seriously your first language?

lol. Wow, ppl are oppinionated. Especially with the big posts. I feel I get really pissed sometimes at people in game too, but this doesn't mean that I want to ban them or hate them forever. I just move on as time goes by like I treat everything else.

Agreed. I don't hate the guy, I just thought what he did was uncool & he got what he deserved, next thing you know these 2 want to debate over pointless topics. Woteva.

BTW Wade, how dare you you ****ing old school freak. Do not "chastize" or whatever for the use of the word "gay". Its "up-to-date" meaning is stupid, dumb or something along these lines. The word makes it so that when you're older you don't have to say things like, "You are stupid"(<------ not cool shizzy). So there's an explanation for the word gay. Its a new much better word. Use it and love it bitch. :D

lol. just goes to show you, people do use the word gay in that fashion.

o yes i know a couple considering i have dueled ever since i started playing jk2.

Welcome to the club, what's the point?

fatal and brutal? they are in my clan and i recruited them duh.

Yet again, your point?

Wait a sec, what are you doing Plazma? Bringing in clannies to agree with you to make it seem more like people agree with you & not me? lol.

as for you knowing the mentality of duelers? you are obviously only around those that strictly adhere to the honor codez cuz tehy r teh leif.

I played on DS & other NF servers for the most part in JK2 & in JK3 it's the same area of gameplay just more of us now. It's no longer just DS which I think is great. When you hang out with a community everyday for over a year, I think you are entitled to make a fair essesment of what the majority of their opinions will be.

that was a small portion of the community compared to the ones that hated that bull**** in jk2.

I'm not calling you a liar but if the FF duel community is as high as you seem to be making it out, why would it be any different for JK3? It just doesn't make sense & I have a hard time believing what you are saying is anything more than your own opinion. I look at the server numbers & speak on fact.

of course you are teh allmighty marker you know everything.

Those are your words - not mine. I never played myself out that way, you just don't like what it is I am saying for whatever reason & this is the best form of rejection you could come up with.

not in ja no. but those that us that were at the top of the game in jk2 know ff/so in and out and can easily take you down.

Ya, I keep hearing that alot yet everyone just talks & doesn't do anything to back their words.

even though many of us have only booted up the game to test xmod and to do matches on TWL. funny how the top 2 teams on the ff/so tdm ladder never even play but when they have a match? funny how they are both teams that were in the top 3/4 for ff/so tdm in jk2? funny how the clans we've faced have practiced day in and day out with this game but we continually rape their pink sphincters?

Again, more talk. Have some of your "top of the ladder" boys go against some of the DS top 10 & come & talk to me. It's all a load of BS to me until that glorious moment.

MasterSidious...I live in the 21st century too and that is certainly not a word for stupid. It originally meant happy, then it became the word for homosexual - words do change. It still is the word for homosexual and so to use it to mean "stupid" as well is extremely rude and ignorant.

I have no idea where you got that idea from but that was my point, some people honestly believe it is fine to use it in that context when it really is not.

It's slang dude, like you would say playing a video is cool. The word cool has nothing to do with doing something fun or enjoyable but if you look it up in the dictionary, it states it is a slang term for something similar to that. They just don't list gay as a slang term for non-cool because it's derogatory. if they were to add it, gays would go nuts (no punt intended). :-)
Originally posted by FK | unnamed

I think people who bitch about laming/no honor/bowing are just drama queens looking for attention.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I mean really, it's just a ****ing video game.

The video game is irrelevent, being a jagoff is being a jagoff. I knew the guy knew people would take it that way & he got what was coming to him. It was pretty cool.

Who gives two ***** if some guy violates your silly little made up role playing virtual code of ethics?

Alot of people. You'd be surprised. It's not like I'm saying "you must bow before battle", what I'm saying is don't be premature, take 5 seconds out of your busy schedule & let your opponent bow. What's so bad about that?

Look, anyone can say anything they like. This is just the way the majority of the Duel mod community feels & nothing is going to change that. If you can't wait 5 seconds, people are going to think you're a prick. Again, NOTHING is going to change that.

Damn, why is it so hard for some of you to just play the game and leave the little girl drama at home?

:rolleyes:

Actually this is getting to be much too much. I'm trying to get these 2 to see where I'm coming from but it's becoming appearent that all they realistically want is to complain.
Originally posted by Darth Kaan

Simple. Run a pure server, use XMOD and ban all whiners.

#1 I doubt XMod will continue to keep going but more power to them. That's one of the few coders I don't know (at least I don't think).

#2 Server purity is not going to stop a 3rd party proggy. 3rd part proggies do things like aim for you & whatnot. There are ways around that though.

#3 I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that if you ban all the whiners, you'll have a low traffic rate (lol).

Firstly you had to insult me didn't you?

LMAO - LMFAO.

Did I ever say it is OK? No.

Did we? Just because we use the word ourselves doesn't mean we are saying it's okay. Alot of people do things they think are wrong like smoking, eating fatty foods, cursing, etc; etc. yet they do them anyway.

Don't argue with someone who has a firm grasp of the english language and who's trying to point out prejudism. You make yourself out to be a fool in both instances if you ignore this advice.

Please listen to what I am saying. We're not saying using the word in that derogatory fashion is okay, we're not saying that it isn't even a prejudist thing to say (which actually gets used so much you don't even mean it in that fasion but it does come out like that), all we are saying is that using the word in that fashion is common place & you were saying that it's not. That's all - nothing more. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.
Originally posted by Prime

Eh? Understand what?

Understand that attacking while bowing is a cheap thing to do.

I understand that bowing and then calling people names is not the way to show respect.

I wasn't trying to show respect, the guy did something he knew damn well would be taken in that fashion & didn't care so he got what he deserved. Everyone else in the room at the time either agreed with me or didn't oppose.

And how do you know when, where, and how often I play?

I play Duel mode everyday & I have since JK2 started. I know n00bs that at least understand the concept of not attacking while bowing, the fact that you don't shows how much you play; Again, in Duel mode at the very least.

And really, what does it matter in this case?

If you were a Duel mode player, you would understand & wouldn't have even asked the question.

EniaC, please look up "pwn" and "n00b" in the dictionary, exactly how they are spelt. Does it really matter what some dictionary says about video game lingo?

nah, I'll pass.

btw: Does it really matter you say about video game lingo...yeah, I didn't think so. Webster has much more say than you, in my book.

The word lame is not video game lingo, maybe I should have spelled it out.

I use the word for its true meaning, or should I change the meaning to suit my fascist ways like you "honor" folks do?

I was trying to make a point that people who throw around the word loosley don't have a clue what there calling other people who don't know video game lingo.

ie:

A 13 yr old comes on a server and gets called a lamer newbie (or whatever you call kids trying to enjoy themselves these days).

You really think they understand?

Thats weak, and you are clearly not in the know.

Grow up and have true respect(honor) for other people.

I was flamed for thinking that the "honorcode" thingy was right,

deal with it, or change your ways.

but if you want to use the deffinition of lame as video game lingo:

Lame-

-chatting while people are dueling on a duel server.

-using racial slurs

-bashing women

-bashing countries for how their servers are

-making 13 year old kids bow to the almighty Jedi Master.

-whining because I kick your a** using crouch, force pull, saber throw and all the other moves the developers put in the game

-just the all out un-welcome feeling people get in this f**ked up JA MP community(I am refering to both sides).

I'm sorry that my standards of human respect are higher than yours....oh wait...no I'm not.

I don't really play the game that much anymore (except Chop Shop, thx Amidala for keepin it real)

I went back to playing RTCW and started playing ET, a real MP community where the only whining are people complaining about spawn killing (what good is the mortar if you can't spawn kill?, sorry offtopic).

I'm done typing, I'm boring myself with the repeatitiveness.

last note: think of all the kids your brainwashing with your idealism, who just want to have fun, yeah that takes some serious elite skills, doesn't it?

Peace

First off, I never said that saying those things was respectful.

What exactly were you trying to say? Two wrongs make a right? What was the purpose of posting this thread to begin with? Were you expecting a round of "atta boy!" ego-stroking pats on the back?

Golly, you must be disappointed. Too bad this massive "majority of Duel mode players" remains mostly silent in your defense. (Maybe it's just past their bedtimes?)

Ya, we all know how lame it is for an adult to play a video game. :-/

Tell me about it... I'm 34 and most of my contemporaries think it's pretty lame. Heck most think Star Wars and even science fiction in general is pretty laughable. But you'd know that already if you didn't spend x amount of hours "almost everyday for a year or so" playing with 14 year olds.

...do you think most family households are the Brady Bunch? Moms don't curse at Dads & vice versa, etc; etc? You think seeing those words online once in a blue moon is going to cause another Columbine incedent? Get a grip man. It's not that big of a deal.

Well since I don't know Michael Jackson personally, I suppose you ARE the next best thing to an expert. But once in a blue moon? From your own description, it sounded a heck of a lot more frequent than that.

As for what is and isn't a big deal... which category do you think someone daring to attack your poor little "virtual Jedi" whilst he was in mid-bow falls under?

So because I use common place terminology that makes me homophobic?

Previously posted by Marker0077

Saying gay like that is just another way of saying lame because IMO (& most others) being gay is lame...

In some communities, nigger, spick, chink & kyke are "common place terminology." Why don't you take that ball and run with it? Impress us all with what a super kewl d00d you really are.

If you don't get it then I doubt you would get an explination either.

A condescending remark is a whole lot more effective with proper spelling. (BTW, an analogy is a comparison. Sorry if I don't see the relevance of someone physically assaulting my wife in public to playing a stupid video game.)

Actually at some point they would have to, but that doesn't mean they would agree with it.

Prolly good a time as any to start calling each other "cheap homo f00kn gh3y b!tches" right?

Honestly, would your "vengeance" have been any less sweet had you beat your opponent purely through repeated victory? Perhaps your "trash talk" is nothing more than a crutch for lack of talent? More than likely, it's just an immature self-indulgence to gain you "props" amongst the 14 year olds.

I'm not impressed.

I count more than me and one other Mark.

You have so many valid points you have to quote to fill each and every message up.

You are homophobic.

I don't care if the president says "calling people gay as an insult is ok"...it's not, because some people believe it is does not make it ok! Get it out of your head because you believe it's ok it's ok. It's not, grow up in that respect....how many people have said that to you in this thread? Almost everyone now.

You are an insult to duelers not someone to stand for them, you're so sure you're right in everything you're a fool.

Wow, leave it to a post concerning "honor" gameplay to ruffle the feathers around here.

Remember, you can't stop other people from doing what they want. You just have to adapt to the gaming environment. Find some servers that cater to your type of play and add them to your favorites. If you're not sure, go to "Spectator" mode and follow some people around for a bit. If it turns out that you don't like the conduct of the server, no one's stopping you from disconnecting and finding another server. With all the numerous servers out there, you're bound to find at least a few that you like.

I almost forgot, don't EVER use America's freedom of speech as a shield when you're talking about insults. You may be in a country with apparent freedom of speech but you should have personal etiquette. You're more than happy to tell people what to do but if someone says to you "don't use gay as an insult"..instantly dismissed.

Another thread down the tubes, my friends. A few things I'd like to point out:

- If I see someone say "honor", "old school", or "laming", I think you take video games too seriously.

- Just a videogame. Excessive flaming of each other not only makes me think you're an idiot, but also verifies for the rest of the community.

And to stop you people from further making jackasses out of yourselves, the thread's closed. Keep your personal bitching to PMs where I don't have to read them.

Archived