Home

Favorite black and white movie

RpTheHotrod

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mamba

How about you guys pick movies you've actually seen.

Originally posted by BawBag™

Meaning? :rolleyes:

I don't think Mamba has quite grasped the concept that they do actually show old films on tv, and most people will have actually seen some old films in their lifetime! :eek::rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

any Alfred Hitchcock movie

Hitchcock rules!

Well, next time instead of coming out with a statement like...

How about you guys pick movies you've actually seen.

... why don't you be a bit more specific about what you are trying to say and to whom. Oh and, I guess you don't know about the 1931 Dracula.

Score one me, 0 every other person here.

No, you suck.

NO LeXX, NO.

The black and white "Dracula" movie was actually called Nosferatu, so was the character.

The Fly and The FLy 2 where released in "DeLuxe" color

And only clips of Steamboat willy where ever shown.

Score one me, 0 every other person here :p.

Originally posted by leXX

No, you suck.

Ha Ha. :D

And heres' another which I forgot: THEM! Great for giggles. :p

them.jpg

Of course, I was a kid when Young Frankenstein was out ... and did see it - of course, I was 8, it was with some hesitation that my mom let my dad take me and my brother, and much of it went over my head. Still one of my faves ...

So when I think of B&W I think of them as 'classic' (no choice BUT to be B&W) and 'modern' (artistic choice).

Classic:

- Dracula

- Phantom

- Them

- Creature from the Black Lagoon

- King Kong

- Nosferatu

- Marx Brothers - Night at the Opera and Duck Soup

- Charlie Chan mysteries (good for a rainy saturday when I was young)

Modern:

- Young Frankenstein

- Stardust Memories (Woody Allen ... not at all funny)

- Zelig (another Woody Allen, quite good)

- Eraserhead (not remotely funny ... so why can't I stop laughing?)

... there are so many ...

Mike

[bThe black and white "Dracula" movie was actually called Nosferatu, so was the character.[/b]

Wrong, Nosferatu (starring Max Schreck, a German silent movie c1911) was loosely based on the novel by Bram Stoker (the creator of Dracula, a fiction based novel [c1896] that was inspired by Vlad the Impaler), but they could not get the rights to call it Dracula.(there is a movie based on the actors and producers called 'Shadow of the Vampire' starring William Defoe as Max Schreck)

Dracula (1931) did get the rights to call it that, and was based closely to the book that Bram Stoker had written.

It was in black and white and starred Bela Lugosi, one of the greatest black and white actors of all time along side with Boris Karlof.

Originally posted by eniaC

Wrong, Nosferatu (starring Max Schreck, a German silent movie c1911) was loosely based on the novel by Bram Stoker (the creator of Dracula, a fiction based novel [c1896] that was inspired by Vlad the Impaler), but they could not get the rights to call it Dracula.(there is a movie based on the actors and producers called 'Shadow of the Vampire' starring William Defoe as Max Schreck)

Dracula (1931) did get the rights to call it that, and was based closely to the book that Bram Stoker had written.

It was in black and white and starred Bela Lugosi, one of the greatest black and white actors of all time along side with Boris Karlof.

And may I be the first to say BURNED

Originally posted by eniaC

For the Johnny Depp fans, the finest actor of our time.

This can be a difficult movie to track down. I could only find the VHS version for my collection, but a deffinate must see.

003_DEADMANRP.jpg

Yeah, that flicks not bad. If I remember right Neil Young did all the music, which mostly consisted of guitar work.

But for a suave B&W Johnny Depp movie, I gotta go with Ed Wood. Especially since it also had Bill Murray, and Martin Landau as a heroin addicted Bella Lugosi.

Archived