Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have this?

Originally posted by warmgun

When I was screwing around with Grim Fandango's internal files, I put together "This Little Light of Mine" from the character's dialogue. I think it should go into the soundtrack.

The Opening Theme (or Grim Fandango Theme) also appears, if you've got the official soundtrack, as Hi-Tone Fandango... which is one of the tracks that appears not to have made it onto the new soundtrack. It also appears in several cutscenes.

EDIT: Chepito. I keep on forgetting it too.

There are a few problems with the rip. First of all it's all in FM-synthesis, so soundwise it's not really what I am looking for. Second, there are some odd speed-changes and skips inside the tracks themselves.

I think I'll stick to the fmTowns-music.

Sorry if it's too inconvenient to download the individual files, but I would have to put up every soundtrack twice - in single files and in one zip-file.

But using download managers like GetRight or FlashGet will do the trick. GetRight for example adds a nice tool to the right-click-menu inside your browser, eloquently called "GetRight browser". This shows all the files in the current html-file and let's you select which ones to download. It takes only a few clicks from there on, selecting a directory and starting the download.

Or is there a way to get access to the contents of a zip file via java-script or some other fancy web-language? By this I would only have to upload the zip-files, and the user can choose whether to download the whole thing or individual files from it.

• 1 month later...

I kinda agree. The game itself wasn't, mainly because FucasArts ruined it with their diddly-dumb patches! How could that major Ice Beast bug have made it into the game in the first place?!

I really loved the credit tune,especially the Russian part. The Russian theme was also used in Harpoon and Harpoon Classic and I have ripped it.

Archived