Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

That's pretty interesting to know. I wonder which company LucasArts has this relationship with. I wonder if that also includes the in-house, classic LucasArts music (not starwars/indiana jones). Hopefully this company will be cool in future situations for everyone's sake.

Plus if they have the rights to publish the soundtracks, why don't they? Wouldn't that be great if it were in the works to get these songs out on the shelves? I would buy them all!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope everyone here would... WOULDN'T YOU?!?

Not KOTOR though, I'm happy with that one.

Actually, the legal clash here about John Williams' themes is probably the same reason why no Indy or Star Wars soundtracks are released, despite both Emperor's Tomb and KOTOR having fantastic orchestral scores and would lend themselves perfectly to soundtracks.

They asked to take the one's that they don't own (sw/i.j.) off because they don't want to get into trouble with other companies. I can understand that. They allowed the ones that they owned to stay online. So be thankful.

OK, I don't have enough patience to read all of this, but who did the artwork? I am looking for a good program, that is cheap, that I can download to a DIAL-UP computer. Yeah 28.8 is really Hell. So I was told of this one fox something, but it was almost a gig, so I said, "yeah right." Can someone burn it, and send it to me, I'll pay for the CD or DVD via cash, because I don't have a bank account. Please, CD's are cheeper, but I have a DVD burner if it has to be that way.

But, the artwork is really great, I like the transparencies, like the Outlaws, I hope no one minds, but I used that picture somewhere else, but I didn't alter it. And I ave the site name, where I found it. But how do you do it?

Also, yeah, I think that this last time was fairly nice, not like the other message, that used the term, "terminate." I litteraly hate that word.

Originally posted by masterdebator

Ja,/Si,/Oui,/Sì,/Sim,/Yes,

Wer tat das artwok? Ich mag die Abbildungen. Die transparenten Hintergründe, der, den Sie nicht, was Programm sehen, wurden benutzt? War es ein freies Programm? Woher würde ich dieses Programm erhalten? Ist es eine große Akte? Ich denke, daß die letzte Anzeige das alot war, das netter als das erste ist.

¿Quién hizo el artwok? Tengo gusto de los cuadros. ¿Los fondos transparentes, de que que usted no ve, qué programa fueron utilizados? ¿Era un programa libre? ¿De dónde conseguiría este programa? ¿Es un archivo grande? Pienso que el mensaje pasado era alot más agradable que primer.

Qui a fait l'artwok? J'aime les images. Les milieux transparents, cela que vous ne voyez pas, quel programme ont été employés? Était-ce un programme libre? D'où obtiendrais-je ce programme? Est-ce un grand dossier? Je pense que le dernier message était alot plus gentil que le premier.

Chi ha fatto il artwok? Gradisco le immagini. Gli ambiti di provenienza trasparenti, quello che non vedete, che programma sono stati usati? Era un programma libero? Dove otterrei questo programma? È una grande lima? Penso che l'ultimo messaggio sia stato alot più piacevole di quello primo.

Quem fêz o artwok? Eu gosto dos retratos. Os fundos transparentes, aquele que você não vê, que programa foram usados? Era um programa livre? De onde eu começaria este programa? É uma lima grande? Eu penso de que a última mensagem era alot mais agradável do que primeiro.

Who did the artwok? I like the pictures. The transparent backgrounds, that you don't see, what program was used? Was it a free program? Where would I get this program? Is it a large file? I think that the last message from Lucasarts was alot nicer than the first one.

I am sure you can understand something here.

Ja,/Si,/Oui,/Sì,/Sim,/Yes,

Wer tat das artwok? Ich mag die Abbildungen. Die transparenten Hintergründe, der, den Sie nicht, was Programm sehen, wurden benutzt? War es ein freies Programm? Woher würde ich dieses Programm erhalten? Ist es eine große Akte? Ich denke, daß die letzte Anzeige das alot war, das netter als das erste ist.

¿Quién hizo el artwok? Tengo gusto de los cuadros. ¿Los fondos transparentes, de que que usted no ve, qué programa fueron utilizados? ¿Era un programa libre? ¿De dónde conseguiría este programa? ¿Es un archivo grande? Pienso que el mensaje pasado era alot más agradable que primer.

Qui a fait l'artwok? J'aime les images. Les milieux transparents, cela que vous ne voyez pas, quel programme ont été employés? Était-ce un programme libre? D'où obtiendrais-je ce programme? Est-ce un grand dossier? Je pense que le dernier message était alot plus gentil que le premier.

Chi ha fatto il artwok? Gradisco le immagini. Gli ambiti di provenienza trasparenti, quello che non vedete, che programma sono stati usati? Era un programma libero? Dove otterrei questo programma? È una grande lima? Penso che l'ultimo messaggio sia stato alot più piacevole di quello primo.

Quem fêz o artwok? Eu gosto dos retratos. Os fundos transparentes, aquele que você não vê, que programa foram usados? Era um programa livre? De onde eu começaria este programa? É uma lima grande? Eu penso de que a última mensagem era alot mais agradável do que primeiro.

Who did the artwok? I like the pictures. The transparent backgrounds, that you don't see, what program was used? Was it a free program? Where would I get this program? Is it a large file? I think that the last message from Lucasarts was alot nicer than the first one.

I am sure you can understand something here.

Recently Stolen From Laserschwert's Head Cause Left The Windows Open (no really, look above you)

Online translations are making it only worse, but I think I got you now.

Yes, I am an American, sue me. Actually, I know a little German, and a fair amount of Russian/Ukrainian mix.

[move][glow=red,2,300]Keyword here is a little[/glow][/move]

<font style="filter:glow(color=red, strength=2); height: 1;">Keyword here is a little</font>

I'm sure that at least part of the reason they (Lucasarts [and other companies as well]) don't release a lot of these soundtracks commercially is that they just don't think there's enough of a demand for them. It's the same reason the complete versions of film scores aren't released. At least in the U.S. I know in Japan there's a huge market for game soundtracks. Possibly film scores, as well, but I'm just assuming with that. Sure, maybe everyone on the Mojo network, and possibly Adventuregamers and other boards as well would buy a Day of the Tentacle or a Rogue Squadron soundtrack if one were released, but how many people is that? Probably not enough to warrant the release of a commercial soundtrack. Of course, like so many parts of our society, marketing is a chicken and egg thing. Companies don't release products because they don't think enough people would buy it to justify the expense in making it, and people won't buy something if the option to buy it is not presented to them. A "supply and demand" type economy is, by definition, controlled by both the producers and the consumers. Anyone who tells you differently is either lying or misinformed.

P.S. I'd like to echo Jan's earlier sentiment and say let's give a shout-out to P.R. people. They're like advertising people, but with integrity. (And if anyone on this board is in advertising, my apologies I mean no offense to you specifically [that I know of:)].)

Originally posted by Laserschwert

@Murray:

As Ronda stated, when they made the contract to license the music for their games, they commited themselves to protect this copyright. So, they are abolutely legitimate about it.

There is NOTHING legitimate about FucasArts anymore!

They do NOT hold the actual copyright, thus they do not have the right to take it down.

I don't know if I should be posting these links, but considering the fact that the MP3 links no longer work, I thought it would be okay for me to do so.

Catch a glimpse of the soundtracks that are long gone, whether you saw them when they were online or not...

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Force Commander

Star Wars: Battle for Naboo

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Please, MODS, this shouldn't be violating any of the rules. I know that this site had to take down the MP3s due to legal action, but the links don't work -> this is purely to look at what was lost!

Suggestion:

Adding pictures for direct printing on CD-Rs (With either disc 1/disc 2 or disc A/disc B written on them)

And I noticed something. The track "40 - Blue Casket Interior" in the PC soundtrack is named "40 - Blue Casket Exterior" in the filename. And beneath you'll find "41 - Inside the Blue Casket". And this makes me think that the Exterior/Interior track is from outside the Blue Casket. I haven't checked with the game what's correct, but I thought I'd let you know. It's named Blue Casket Interior on the CD cover.

Well, I have written this in a mail to someone, but it's been a few months with no answer, so I'll take chance to ask the question again.

In the original Grim Fandango there is a (genius) track named Los Angelitos, but in the additional soundtrack, it's named Foreman’s Office. I wonder why you didn't keep the official name of the track when you created the additional soundtrack? I think there's one or two other tracks in the additional soundtrack which have got other official names, too. I can check it for you if you want.

And which tracks are the tracks from the OST which you didn't include on the additional soundtrack? (Well, if I'm going through all of the official soundtrack for names, I'll probably find it out...)

-Rapp Scallion

Again, check page 4 of this thread. There you'll find my complete in-depth guide to the Grim Fandango soundtrack.

Tracks marked with a * appear on the Official soundtrack, and I give the straight Scumm Revisited title with the soundtrack title in brackets.

Jan went for the straight version, perhaps in an effort to distinguish it from the Official soundtrack (which is also on the site, of course).

Out of all the tracks on the Official soundtrack, only Manny & Meche (second from last) isn't in the Complete soundtrack with its own track, although I think it might be in the End Credits.

EDIT: Oh, and if you were trying to e-mail Jan/Laserschwert/CaptainSolo, he's got a very very fussy e-mail provider - that's why I posted the soundtrack listing here.

(My e-mail address is on the site just under the Grim soundtrack if you want to chat further, off-forum)

Archived