Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're referring to Guybrush Jones, then I guess he just never had a real job. And being a freelancer doesn't really make things easier... I would have some free-time, if I'd stop wasting my time with stupid things like eating and sleeping (though I managed to reduce the latter one to a minimum anyway).

Anyway, you've been that patient with me over the years, I bet your patience will last just as long as mine does.

No wait...Jan...are you pissed off with me?? Of course I do have a job. I work 9-10 hours a day, I sleep 5-6 hours, I eat, I wash myself, but I do have free time too. I never have met a single person if my life who REALLY is at office "day and night"...it's techically impossible... ;)

You did an outstanding job in the past, I'm just asking you to not stop it. I never attacked you, and I apologize if you was offended. :)

A well, at least you wash yourself ;)

But right now the term "night and day" does apply, when working 15 oder 16 hours a day you spend the whole day and a good part of the night at the office. Hell, a lot of my "working days" during this year's first week started at 10 in the morning (ooh, lucky me), but ended at 5 or 6 in the morning... talk about time travel.

But I am OK with it, at least I have a job. The unemployment rate in Germany is quite high (around 11%), so I am glad to not be part of those 4 millions.

OK, so it looks like you're not pissed off with me. I'm glad about that 'cause it wasn't my intention to offend you! And yes, I understand your situation. I used to work more in the past. Now it's only 8-9 hours.

And then they say that money ain't happyness! Grrr...if I was rich, working wasn't even in my thoughts!! I would spend at least 3 years travelling around the whole f'n world... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance to see (and hear) soudntracks for Republic Commandos and Battlefront 1 and 2?

Thanks and take care

If you're asking if Jan's going to post them as mp3's on the website, I'd assume the answer is no, since the folks at Lucasarts respectfully requested that all Star Wars/Indiana Jones soundtracks not be posted on the Lucasarts Soundtracks website. However, I don't think they would care if Jan posted ripping instructions/CD covers on the site. And if you really want the Republic Commando soundtrack, you can download a substantial amount of the original music at the official sitehere.

Incidentally, I just finished my own personal fan edit "special edition" Episode I soundtrack. I decided rather than do it based on the way others, like elvisjones, had done it, I would just edit it based on my own instincts and just try to edit it in a way that works both musically and follows the film as close to chronologically as possible. This way I could compensate for the fact that some of the cues actually last longer than the scenes they underscored. I still hold out hope that Lucasfilm will actually release an official special edition that contains all the music composed for all three prequels, including alternate cues, unreleased, and unused music, etc. But this will do for now. (Though I want to get Battlefront 1 & 2 for PC so I can rip some of the unreleased Episode II and III music.)

Ripping instructions would be enough for me. Whats more are the cool, COOL, *COOL* covers Jan did. I like them so much! I would very much appreciate anything compareable to KotOR 1 and 2. These covers rock! And I very much enjoyed doing my own cds.

Thanks and take care

I wondered if someone else had some issues decompressing some .wav's.

I was following the (excellent) tutorial for ripping music from KotOR.

It seems though that from all the .wav's, three files just won't decompress.

Well, they decompress allright, but afterwards I get three .wav's

no single app could recognize (even not MilesSS).

It happens to be the three longer tracks on the album

(original names: "57.wav", "evil_ending.wav" and "credits.wav").

Could anyone help me with this, or could someone upload those

three tracks somewhere (would be nice if it were .mp3's already)

since I am unable to rip them.

The speed for 57.wav has to be doubled or halfed (if I remember correctly halfed), but I can't remember correctly. This was left out in the instructions.

I am not sure about evil_endings and credits, but are they not mentioned in the instructions somewhere?

Take care

The speed for 57.wav has to be doubled or halfed (if I remember correctly halfed), but I can't remember correctly. This was left out in the instructions.

I am not sure about evil_endings and credits, but are they not mentioned in the instructions somewhere?

Take care

I don't know exactly how I should do this. I tried to half (or double) the rate for playing, whereafter the output rate should have this rate. I tried it on 44khz, 22 khz and 11 khz, neither of them worked. When I (after decompressing the file) want to check the file type (with MSS), it keeps on saying it is an unknown filetype. Sometimes MSS even quits suddenly after I've almost completed the decompression of one of those three tracks I mentioned earlier. It will get to 100%, but without asking me where to save, MSS is being cancelled.

Seamhainn, thank you for your effort though!

I am not at home right now. If I remember correctly (this advice was originally given by Dark333 - to give due honor) you need a proggy called Goldwave http://www.goldwave.com/

With this proggy you can set the rate to 50 % somewhere (if I remember correctly). Experiment a little as you have more knowledge about these things then I do.

Take care

The "Infernal Machine"-soundtrack was ripped from the N64-version via a direct cable-connection to a PC. The N64-version has a music menu (which was very comfortable for getting all the music)... unfortunately there's only occasional music in "Infernal Machine". This means that - though it's around 56 Minutes of music - it's 137 (!!) files, most of them with a duration of around 10 seconds... I am not yet sure how to create a soundtrack out of THAT. I have thought about editing together several files, but most of the are jingles, that only work on their own.

The other idea is to simply put up all the files, and creating a cover without a track listing... so you can choose the tracks you like for yourself. But a CD with 137 tracks isn't very nice (I even think that regular CD-players only support a maximum of 99 tracks per CD).

:(

Did someone manage to download this?

If someone did... are you, by any chance, on any P2P network such as Soulseek? :D

And is the Nintendo music the same as the PC version? (I doubt the quality is the same... I've seen the Nintendo ROM and it's about 32 MB when unpacked... that's a little less than the 1.5 GB that the PC version takes up :p)

By the way, they could be joined by the order that they appear in the levels. I could most likely recognize them in that order if they music is the same as in the PC version... if they were still online. :( Damn lawyer parasites and Paramount executives...

And is the Nintendo music the same as the PC version? (I doubt the quality is the same... I've seen the Nintendo ROM and it's about 32 MB when unpacked... that's a little less than the 1.5 GB that the PC version takes up :p)

Yeah, the music of the Nintendo version is the same of the PC, the only difference is that Jan posted the Nintendo version, which was in better quality.

Same was for Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, the PC had 96 kbps/22100Hz mp3s, while Jan site had the 192kbps/44100Hz mp3s.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to hear the full Nintendo 64 score... but it would be even better to find a way of extracting the PC music, as it's quite different. I suppose Nintendo plays the music from something like MIDI notes - whatever it uses - while the PC version had digitally recorded music, so it was probably closer to the original composition.

Here is a comparison - a Nintendo snippet followed by the PC version:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ITKF5Q7VPGDW1IS4BMYEAEH0K

The most interesting part of the soundtrack is the unused music, from an abandoned level, "Shambala Waterworks". Here is another remnant of that level - its (also unused :)) loading map:

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shambalabamba3ti.jpg

By the way, here are some alternate covers, for the PC version of IM:

http://vess.20megsfree.com/

and the reedited N64 version, with combined tracks:

nintendy3sv.th.jpg

Archived