Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well regardless of whether or not SonicStage is a wimpy player, I've got all my music on it, so I don't really feel like transferring all of it to a different one. At any rate, the file extension for both of them is .wav, just like all the others. But I'll try converting them and see if I can get anywhere.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently asking myself:

- Will there be a soundtrack release to the special edition of SoMI or

- Do I have to buy the game and rip the soundtrack?

And another question to the competent crowd here. Is there any chance we'll see a CMI soundtrack without sound and dialogue?

CMI soundtrack w/o dialogue is up.

Yes, there is one FLAC version around (torrent) but with ambient sounds and Guybrush introductory monologue.

The SoMI:SE music is on YouTube...Dunno if you it's a soundtrack or just rips, though.

Erm, okay. I think I have the same as 160 kbps MP3s (rapidshare) which is presumably better than that on youtube.

My problem is: I'm not really interested in the GAME but in its SOUNDTRACK. How long will it take to release it for LucasArts???

There is currently a discussion about the music in the FM Towns version of Indy 3 on the german board Adventure-Treff. Does somebody know who performed the music? I remember reading somewhere that it was recorded for a theme park or something and recycled for the game. But I cannot find the source anymore. Is somebody here who can help out and clarify?

No that's not true. I own the Indy 3 movie score (was my first Indy score - over ten years ago - sigh) and do know it very well. I can assure you that it's not the case. the ensemble that plays on the game soundtrack is much smaller for example.

Yeah, I have posted that info somewhere (I think on JWFan.net).

It's been a while, but I was in mail-contact with someone who worked on the FM-Towns music, and he told me that the music came from something Disney-related... though I can't remember what exactly it was.

The reason I've contacted him was because I've noticed that the music was in fact NOT the version from the movie, and it sounded too good to be a synth version (at least taking the time it was produced into account).

I have a tracklisting for Siege of Spinner Cay, which I'll post soon, and I'm trying to work on one for Lair Of The Leviathan, but for Lair it's harder to tell which order the tracks should go in based on the track titles alone. Anyone want to help with that?

Yeah, I'm trying to work that out too. Very tricky! I'll get back to you shortly with my guestimate....

Where's cs-morgan-moment?

This is my absolute guess at a track order for Lair of the Leviathan, cutting out repeated tracks (including stuff from the other episodes) - oh, ignore the "01_" in front of the tracks, that's just how they came through when I converted them to MP3:

01_cs-opening

01_mouth-music

01_decava-mouth-normal

01_decava-possessed

01_decava-mouth-angry

01_revive-morgan

01_decava-ticktock

01_belly-act2-music

01_moose

01_bugeye

01_morgan-belly

01_murray

01_cs-first-faceoff-loss

01_cs-faceoff-victory

01_voting

01_mutineers-mouth

01_chased

01_exit-manatee

01_cs-act3-start

01_stinger-sinking

01_oceanfloor-normal-music

01_oceanfloor-scary-music

01_cs-enter-cave

01_guybrush-sputters-to-surface

01_ocean-act3-music

01_decava-ocean

01_voodoo-guybrush

01_morgan-ocean

01_mutineers-ocean

01_belly-act3-music

01_manatee-talk

01_cs-morgan-moment

01_leviathan

01_leviathan-success

01_cs-get-sponge

01_cs-end-act3

01_oceanfinale-attack

01_oceanfinale-cages

01_cs-end-game

Okay, here's my tracklist for Spinner Cay:

1.voodoo-dark

2.voodoo-dark-end

3.prologue-intro

4.swordfight

5.swordfight-speak

6.prologue-trapsprung

7.spinner-main

8.reunite

9.merfolk-leader

10.mcgillicutty

11.raft-map

12.spoon-beach

13.hardtack-trenchfoot

14.spoon-jungle

15.lechuck-slow

16.lechuck-medium

17.lechuck-fast

18.fall-off-cliff

19.stinger-success-1

20.roe-island

21.catch-fish

22.manatee

23.ship-map

24.little-islands

25.desinge-talk

26.spinner-siege

27.raft-map-siege

28.pass-through-blockade

29.ship-battle

30.ship-map-battle

31.mcgillicutty-battle-intro

32.mcgillicutty-cannon

33.mcgillicutty-sinks

34.guybrush-rewarded

35.ritual-words

36.summoning-ball

37.spinner-leave

38.morgan-returns

39.morgan-confrontation

40.creature-sinks

Again, this is not meant to be set in stone, so if you feel a track is out of place, feel free to put it where you think it should be, and if you think a track should not have been included, feel free to discard it, and if a track is missing that you think should be in there, such as the chapter screen music or the monkey island main theme, feel free to put that back in. As before, this is basically the order I remember the music being in the game based on track titles.

Also, a question, has anyone heard if Telltale is planning an official soundtrack release for TMI?

Been asked about, but it's entirely up to LucasArts. They do have soundtracks for Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (which Mojo reviewed) and Lucidity (those two tracks they released at LucasArts Workshop are "tracks 2 and 12 of the Lucidity Official Soundtrack" according to iTunes), just haven't released them to buy yet - so hopefully Telltale's trying to wring a TOMI one out of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Possible spoilers ahead. You've been warned.

Anyway, I was thinking about a GameRIP Tales of Monkey Island soundtrack (like, as a whole, though we still don't have Chapter5) and, well, to make it look more like a soundtrack. You know, there are many repeated tracks, or the same tracks with slight variations, and so on and so on, so I decided to make a decent and interesting to listen to soundtrack out of all of this, with some kind of structure. Let's begin.

Chapter 1

01 - Monkey Island Main Titles (main-theme-full)

02 - Deep in the Caribbean (The Rock of Gelato) (opening1)

03 - The Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu (opening2)

04 - Unholy THIS! (opening3)

05 - Monkey Island Theme (main-theme-short)

-----

06 - Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal (interlude)

07 - Flotsam Island (map-view)

08 - Flotsam Town (town)

09 - Flotsam Jungle (jungle-machine-wind3)

10 - The Voodoo Lady (voodoo)

-----

11 - De Singe's Laboratory (desinge-lab)

12 - The Marquis De Singe (desinge-talk)

13 - The Winds Restored (restore-winds)

14 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal (ship-at-dock-fast)

15 - Narwhal at Sea (sailing)

16 - Out of Hand (hands-on-deck)

17 - In Search for Elaine (closing)

For the jungle theme I've chosen "jungle-machine-wind3" because it's the most interesting one out of all. Same applies to Flotsam Town theme. One may note that I didn't add "town-pox" theme here anywhere, that's because I decided to move it to Chapter 4 part. The structure of tracks I designed for each chapter is kinda not very noticable in Chapter 1, but it actually goes like this: background music for locations for an act (or a whole chapter), then character themes (if there are any), then cutscene storyline music. Now, for Chapter 2 music (mind you, the before interlude part still counts as Chapter 1 music... imagine playing ToMI as one whole game, Chapter 2 prolouge would still be Chapter 1)

Chapter 2

18 - Mighty Pirate Hunter (prolouge-intro)

19 - Confronting Morgan LeFlay (swordfight)

-----

20 - Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay (interlude)

21 - Jerkbait Islands (raft-map)

22 - Spinner Cay (spinner-main)

23 - Roe Island (roe-island)

24 - Spoon Isle Beach (spoon-beach)

25 - Spoon Isle Jungle (spoon-jungle)

26 - Little Islands (little-islands)

27 - Winslow and His Favorite Map (ship-map)

28 - Chieftain Beluga (merfolk-leader)

29 - McGillicutty (mcgillicutty)

30 - Hardtack and Trenchfoot (hardtack-trenchfoot)

31 - Human LeChuck (lechuck-fast)

32 - Family Reunited (reunite)

33 - LeChuck - Friend or Foe (fall-off-cliff)

34 - The Siege of Spinner Cay (spinner-siege)

35 - Chasing McGillicutty (ship-battle)

36 - Leaving Spinner Cay (spinner-leave)

37 - Morgan Returns (morgan-returns)

Well, Chapter 2 soundtrack perfectly shows the "location-character-action" structure I had in mind for each of the chapter/acts. One may note that I kind of made a Winslow theme... well, after all, Winslow deserves a theme, doesn't he? And what theme could suit him better than the navigational map music?

For McGillicutty at first I wanted to use mcgillicutty-battle-intro, but it was too long with the mcgillicutty cue repeating over and over. Besides, I noted that character themes in ToMI usually do not durate more than 30-40 seconds. And, once again, out of all repeated tracks I decided to choose the most interesting ones.

Chapter 3

38 - Enter the Manatee (cs-opening)

----

39 - Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan (interlude)

40 - Manatee's Mouth (revive-morgan)

41 - Manatee's Belly (belly-act2-music)

42 - Coronado DeCava (decava-mouth-angry)

43 - Bugeye and the Brotherhood of Manatee Interior (bugeye)

44 - Moose and Noogie (moose)

45 - Murray (murray)

46 - Morgan LeFlay (morgan-ocean)

47 - A Disillusioned Fan (cs-first-faceoff-loss)

48 - Face-off Victory (cs-faceoff-victory)

-----

49 - On the Surface Again (cs-act3-start)

50 - Ancient Manatee Mating Grounds (ocean-act3-music)

51 - Ocean Floor (oceanfloor-normal-music)

52 - Lair of the Leviathan (cs-enter-cave)

53 - Sputtering to Surface (guybrush-sputters-to-surface)

54 - Morgan's Feelings (cs-morgan-moment)

55 - Giant Manatee (manatee-talk)

56 - The Leviathan (leviathan)

57 - La Esponja Grande (cs-get-sponge)

58 - Philosophical Breakthrough (cs-end-act3)

-----

59 - Encaged (oceanfinale-cages)

60 - Battle for the Sponge (oceanfinale-attack)

61 - Love and Betrayal (cs-end-game)

And I didn't yet do my listing for Chapter 4. So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions for possible changes?

Very nice... simliar to what I was thinking of. Although I wouldn't build it as one continuous soundtrack, but as one soundtrack-"album" per chapter. I'm a fan of physical CDs, so whatever exceeds the capacity of an 80 minute CD is usually a no-go for me. This would result in 5 CDs of a chronologically sorted score, plus maybe a 6th disc with everything left out of that collection ("Additional Music & Alternate Cues"), allowing to use a nice 6-disc case (either a jewel case or the usual DVD-case) plus an appropriately nice cover insert to put the thing on your shelf.

multiplecdjewelcase.jpg26mm-bk-six_285.jpg

Regrettably, the main problem is that ToMI GameRIP (as any game rip, I might add) is not very, uhm... let's say, soundtrackable. All those short cues and abrupt endings... Still, I might add that my favorites are ship-map (which, as I said, I named Winslow's theme), ship-at-dock-fast, closing (from ch1), and decava-mouth-angry. And they are all short, bar closing one.

Archived