Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are right, the "Closing Medley" was taken from Clint Bajakian's site some time ago... I've just added the main theme to the end of it (which seemed appropriate to me).

I don't think any more cutscene music was released.

By the way, I have made some new Monkey Island Soundtrack CD covers, so stay tuned.

Hey Laserschwert,

I was just wondering, have you already made those Republic Commando covers? Because, from what I can tell, the MP3s on the site are just a sample. Of course they'd suit a soundtrack fine, but I hear that even in the 421MB demo of the game that they include something like 3 hrs of music.

Also;

Do you have .psds of any of your covers, there's a few I'd like to modify slightly (only for personal use).

And finally;

I have just acquired:

X-Wing

X-Wing: Imperial Pursuit

Force Commander

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Day of the Tentacle (CD)

Indy & FoA (CD)

Full Throttle (CD)

Sam & Max (CD)

With the first few games (the SW ones) , is there anything I need to know in regards to music? Would rips of the music be better than the MP3s your site had?

With the latter 4 games; is there any way possible that I could record or extract clips of dialogue? I have your soundtracks and they're great - but is there any way of getting the dialogue as I need some voice samples for a LucasArts related mini-remix.

Any and all help would be appreciated (from others too, not just Laserschwert).

I hope you're feeling more at home now Laserschwert, I know what it's like not knowing anyone as I had to live in Japan for 5 months on student exchange and I had massive culture shock too. All of us Mixnmojo-ers are here for you though. :)

Regards,

klokwerk

It's getting better, living alone... I just love my apartment (and not just because it's MINE, and I am the KING in here, but also because it's nice and homey... I guess I might post some pics), and Cologne isn't all that bad, although I haven't had much time to explore the city, except for the closer surroundings. My new job (3D graphics) already kicked into gear, and right now it's 12:30 P.M., and I am still at the office, although I used to leave earlier all the other days... right now I am using a "rendering break" to post here.

Anyway, I do have PSDs from all the covers, though they're all a little too big to get them to you. You just have to take them as they are. I haven't started on the RC-covers... that won't happen until my home-internet access is up and running (the provider told me it should happen during the next two or so weeks... so, fingers crossed).

You might have noticed that I had to take down all Star Wars and Indy music, so "X-Wing", "Imperial Pursuit" and any of the "Jedi Knight" games aren't going to be on my site. The latter one does consist of the original movie soundtracks anyway, so just get those (except for "Jedi Academy", if I am not mistaken it does contain some newly composed music). But still, SW and Indy got to be a no-no to my site... sadly.

The "Force Commander" rip you have should be the same that was on my site... it was a direct rip from the game.

For extracting voices use the tool "ScummRevisited" (Google for it).

Well that's good, sounds like you're settling in fine. :)

In regards to the PSDs, would it possible for me to pay you, by way of an International Money Order (in US$), for shipping and you could send me a CD or DVD containing them? Please let me know.

I understand that you had to take them all down. I was one of the lucky ones and managed to download them before the site was noticed by the game companies. ;) I have Jedi Academy and was going to poke around for the music, then try and do the same for KOTORII and Republic Commando. I just meant, would you still be able to post covers and ripping-guides for the SW and Indy games (Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine prefereably - the only soundtrack that you formally hosted that I have not got).

Okay, well I'll keep my Force Commander rip then. Thanks.

I didn't know ScummRevisited was still around, thanks for that. I'll try it out soon.

BTW, thanks for the quick reply! :D

Hope all's going well in your life!

Regards,

klokwerk

I just wondered a little about the quality of the files from the different games. The music with mp3's made from midis are mainly in 160 kbps, but the music in MI1 is in 128 kbps? Why? Isn't the MI1 music ripped from the cd? Wasn't the The Dig music ripped from cd's? That music was in 160 kbps. And why is the music ripped from the Grim Fandango cd in vbr? Just noticed it and started to wonder :)

The reason I started wondering about this was because I just heard The Final Showdown (Closing Medley) from EMI. It was fantastic, but I would really like to have it in better quality, since the quality bothered me a little. And that was why I started to look at the quality of the music from the other games.

I know the original mp3 was 9.73 MB and the medley file (which is longer because of the main theme) is just 7,76 mb, so I guess there's a posibility of getting it in better quality. I don't have the original mp3 and would really appreciate if you would change the current file with a one with better quality :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. After all those years of searching for TIE Fighter's soundtrack (the MIDI's never did any justice), I find one place that might be able to provide for it, only to find out that they aren't allowed to release any Star Wars game soundtracks.

So disappointing. :( Why can't that company with the license to the star wars games soundtracks actually DO something with it?

Ahhh, that's the site I remember! Cheers!

On another topic, just noticed the Loom Audio Drama! Where can I get some info about it? A cast list would be handy - as the narrator at the beginning sounds a lot like the actress behind the voice of Kreia in KOTOR2. Where did it come from?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Alien426

Not really. The non-flash LucasArts Insider site is more comfy (right-click, save target) than the normal site (which will very likely open the MP3s in you media player), but both seem to work OK.

On http://www.lucasarts.com/exclusive/rc_music/ you have access to all FULL 15 songs, while on the gamesite you can download only like 5 songs =))

Edit: Also if you look into the mp3 file info in winamp for example you see each songs tracknumber. So, Im guessing there is a "hardcopy" of the game soundtrack that is not officially released. =)

Hey, I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask this. I have a copy of the Raiders of the Lost Ark Expanded Edition CD (Which I bought legally, in case you were thinking otherwise.) Anyway, as you may or may not know the Expanded Edition CD is almost identical in content to the Expanded Edition LP. *Almost*. There is, however, one track that is on the LP version that is NOT on the CD version. It's the second half of the cue from when Indy and Sallah are in the Well of Souls, and Marion and Belloch are playing their drinking game. I believe the track is called "Discovery of the Ark". My question is, does anyone know of anyplace where I could download an mp3 of this track? I would just buy the LP if I had a working record player, if I could find the LP anywhere, and if I had money to spend on records.

• 1 month later...

Just something I was wondering about. In Jedi Outcast, there's a cue in one level that uses Jabba's theme. But it's not from anywhere in the film. It seems to come from a recording of the concert version of Jabba's theme, a version of which you can hear on the Utah Symphony Orchestra's Star Wars album. But the concert version of Jabba's theme doesn't appear on the Special Edition of the Return of the Jedi soundtrack. But it seems unlikely that they would have included something that's not from one of the original, official Star Wars soundtracks in a game soundtrack. I guess what I want to know is does anyone know if John Williams did record a concert version of Jabba the Hutt's theme with the London Symphony Orchestra for the Return of the Jedi soundtrack, and if so, has it appeared on any of the original soundtracks?

• 2 months later...

Archived