Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

at first you have to change the file endings (.wav) into .mp3! then you can use the miles studio to decompress them!

you're talking about getting the kotor 2 soundtrack?

oh btw, sorry for the double post.

EDIT: Okay, nvm, I got the kotor 2 soundtrack from galbadia hotel or whatever it's called.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that did suck. Although I think in one of the interviews with Peter McConnell, he said he tried to make things more interesting than just "dropping the needle" on music from the Star Wars music by editing the music together in interesting and unusual ways. The most obvious example of it would be the soundtrack for Force Commander, but some of the tracks on the Jedi Knight CDs show some innovation.

• 6 months later...

I'm trying to track down the soundtrack to Afterlife. I saw it linked a few times in this thread, but unfortunately the links all seem to be dead. Does anyone know where I could find it? Failing that, I have the game and so is there somewhere that details how I can rip the music from it?

• 6 months later...

I noticed some oddities in your Monkey 2 soundtrack:

09 - The Cook is listed under Chapter 1, when in fact this cue is played luring the cook out of Elaine's mansion which is located on Booty Island which you only have access to in Chapter 2.

10 - Captain Dread and 11 - Captain Dread And The Map I wonder why the latter basically includes the first, just with different instruments. The map part starts at 1:50.

12 - Phatt Island The naming is somewhat misleading. This one is only played on the first arrival when the guard brings Guybrush to Phatt. Starting at 1:26 is dialog scene in Phatt's room. What I expect under that general name is more like 01 - Phatt Island Map which is actually played on several sites all over the island, not only the map.

11 - Woodtick Revisited is listed under Chapter 2, when in fact those cues are played when you ask the barkeeper about the buissenes which triggers Largo appearing and spitting on the wall. The problem is, you can't finish Chapter 1 without doing this, thus it won't happen in Chapter 2. Also the name is misleading as you can do this the first time you visit Woodtick.

13 - Rooms Of Ugly Bone Things and 14 - The Escape From LeChucks Fortress Sound like several melodies playing at once which don't work together.

16 - The Underground Tunnels Is available in a better quality at 192kbps: http://highland.mixnmojo.com/mi2/undergt2.zip (Oddly enough that there is no link on the Highland site.)

I was trying to make my own MT-32 recording of those tracks matching the nice cover, but 09 - The Cook and 11 - Woodtick Revisited really are strange in that order.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I was thinking, with those video game concerts with live orchestras and such, how cool would it be to hear a concert of just Lucasarts music. Including music from the Star Wars games that have original music, and maybe the end credits music from Fate Of Atlantis. Plus music from all the adventure games, maybe a suite from Secret Weapons Over Normandy, and just to mix things up, maybe bring in the Gone Jackals (if they still exist) to perform a few songs from the Full Throttle soundtrack.

I know it'll never happen, but it's nice to think about, isn't it?

I noticed some oddities in your Monkey 2 soundtrack:

09 - The Cook is listed under Chapter 1, when in fact this cue is played luring the cook out of Elaine's mansion which is located on Booty Island which you only have access to in Chapter 2.

10 - Captain Dread and 11 - Captain Dread And The Map I wonder why the latter basically includes the first, just with different instruments. The map part starts at 1:50.

12 - Phatt Island The naming is somewhat misleading. This one is only played on the first arrival when the guard brings Guybrush to Phatt. Starting at 1:26 is dialog scene in Phatt's room. What I expect under that general name is more like 01 - Phatt Island Map which is actually played on several sites all over the island, not only the map.

11 - Woodtick Revisited is listed under Chapter 2, when in fact those cues are played when you ask the barkeeper about the buissenes which triggers Largo appearing and spitting on the wall. The problem is, you can't finish Chapter 1 without doing this, thus it won't happen in Chapter 2. Also the name is misleading as you can do this the first time you visit Woodtick.

- I also felt that. There must have been confusion between the cooker on Part I (who actually don't have any theme) with the cooker on part 2 (elaine's mansion).

- "10 Captain Dread"... I was also wondering what the heck was that track doing there (the instruments don't even sound right).

"11 - Woodtick Revisited" I think this is somewhat (Woodtick chapter 2 + asking bartender about the business)... which is impossible to happen.

"12 - Phatt Island" Yes, it should be called something like "Phatt Island reception" or Arrested/arrival at Phatt Island, something like this

13 - Rooms Of Ugly Bone Things and 14 - The Escape From LeChucks Fortress Sound like several melodies playing at once which don't work together.

Is this a game issue or a conversion error?

==

Anyway the site is superb, one of the best things I saw on the last few years. Thank you very much!

It still has to come the day were I see a good "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" soundtrack conversion. Until now the only conversion that convinced me was "crab raft track" by highland productions. The others just don't feel right, for instance, I always expected to hear the "Room of the god machine" with the same instruments and similar feeling of "song du nuit du sabbat - herbert berlioz -"... (that part after the death bells) but no one ever managed to do that. Also the Opening don't really sound near the original instruments that played the "Raiders March" and so on... I'm starting to loose hopes. The great problem is that the MIDIs still sound better than the final product =(

I'm guessing that the Monkey Island 2 tracks are in the order they're in because it sounds better that way. However, the music from Dinky Island seems to be missing, including the short statement of the theme music for a certain globe-trotting archaelogist who recently had an adventure involving a crystal skull. (I'm not naming any names.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody, I was so glad to find the Monkey Island soundtrack finally, because I lost my CD and do have now everything again to play the Game. A little problem is left though:

To be able to hear the music in the Game I have to name the tracks like this: track1.mp3, track2.mp3,... but if I do so with the soundtrack in the given order, the music is played wrong, for example: in the beginning not the opening theme but the organ prelude is played.

Now I allready renamed some tracks and they work like a charm but like I said, just SOME. Does anyone have the right order???

Just in case you missed it from other related forums, I recorded Monkey Island 2 and Sam & Max soundtracks some weeks ago. They are in FLAC format and meant to be written to 2 CD's each.

Monkey Island 2 soundtrack

Recorded from a genuine Roland MT-32 and genuine Roland Sound Canvas SC-155.

Mastered by LogicDeLuxe at http://www.abmischung.de

This one is a bit different to my other soundtracks as this is a slightly remixed version with Sound Canvas drum set used. The reason I did this for is because the MT-32 has the drums a bit weak imho, lacking the dynamics it could use. This seems to be a frequent problem in MT-32 music, probably because musicians drive the instruments to the limit, thus gaining a good quantization noise ratio, and then being forced to use the most dynamic instruments, the drums, conservatively, as the MT-32 would clip otherwise which would produce very audible overflow crackles. The MT-32 is well known for both, quantization noise and overflows. As the Sound Canvas drum samples are very similar to the MT-32 you won't notice much of a difference, except for a more dynamic performance.

All the melodic instruments are truthfully kept, except for Jojo playing the Piano, which is also Sound Canvas.

I recorded all tracks from the DOS executable since ScummVM seems to have the reverb set wrong in some places. The DOS version suffers from slowing down the music flow slightly during room changes, which I corrected digitally during the mastering.

In addition to this, I added "Governor Phatt's Room Remix" and "Underground Tunnels Orchestral Remix" (192 kbps version) from HighLand Productions, as those perfectly capture the original scenes, imho. Both mp3 files are gain reduced by 1.5 dB with MP3Gain (which is a lossless process) in order to match the loudness of the other tracks.

Sam & Max soundtrack

Recorded from a genuine Roland Sound Canvas SC-155.

Mastered by LogicDeLuxe at http://www.abmischung.de

This is a recording of the Complete soundtrack General MIDI file from here: http://s-island.mixnmojo.com/samandmax.php

I also remastered the CD-Audio tracks and replaced their MIDI counterparts. The CD-Audio tracks are enhanced version of the in game tracks:

- "A Pleasantly Understated Credit Sequence" has some instruments added, some drums are replaced with non-Sound Canvas versions. The mix is different and I wasn't quite happy with it, as the drums lack much power compared to the MIDI version, but I still wanted the extra instruments on the soundtrack CD. Thus I helped the drums a bit with some small-band expansion.

- "Doug, The Moleman" is slightly longer and also has some instruments replaced.

- "King Of The Creatures" is a full CD quality version of the 22050 Hz mono version from monster.sou.

- "Bigfoot Shuffle" has ambient noise added and is partially played in a different key for some reason. It is also shortened a bit, eventhough the ambient noise is going on for quite a while. I mixed the missing part from the MIDI version right into the ambient noise, which works quite well.

Kindly hosted by http://tentakelvilla.de/

Hey, that looks interesting, unfortunatly I can't download them :(

have they been taken down?

And... Speaking of "Fate of Atlantis" - I was concidering doing a second version, redoing some of the orchestrations and make "concert versions" of certain themes, to make a soundtrack in the similar style to John Williams' album releases. However, it didn't end up sounding like I imagined (those raiders trumpets are hard to mockup), some of it ended up sounding down right horrid - so I abandoned the idea. Still, I thought some of you might enjoy what I came up with for the End Credits:

http://www.box.net/shared/xhn9xlgg08

Hey Kenneth,

I wouldn't say it sounds bad at all... a LOT better than what they've done for "Infernal Machine"... I'd be REALLY delighted if you'd finish the score off like that. (Or at least provide the End Credits at 44kHz ;-) ).

Weren't you planning on doing "Tie Fighter" as well, or am I confusing you with me here?

Hey, that looks interesting, unfortunatly I can't download them :(

have they been taken down?

And... Speaking of "Fate of Atlantis" - I was concidering doing a second version, redoing some of the orchestrations and make "concert versions" of certain themes, to make a soundtrack in the similar style to John Williams' album releases. However, it didn't end up sounding like I imagined (those raiders trumpets are hard to mockup), some of it ended up sounding down right horrid - so I abandoned the idea. Still, I thought some of you might enjoy what I came up with for the End Credits:

http://www.box.net/shared/xhn9xlgg08

well, thanks, I'm glad you liked it :) It just takes such a long time to notate it from scratch, so if I were to do the score as I had intended it would take quite some time. That one piece there took me about 2 weeks to do (though I didn't exactly spend 8 hours a day on it.

in the meantime here's a higher quality mp3 (256kbps 44,1khz), though, since that other one I posted is encoded with mp3PRO, my ears can't tell the difference - maybe I'm losing my hearing?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6edyxp

Weren't you planning on doing "Tie Fighter" as well, or am I confusing you with me here?

lol, I have NO idea what you're talking about :p

seriously though, yeah, I was going to do it by using the original midis, but for some reason they made my sequencer crash constantly, so I eventually became so annoyed with the whole thing that I dropped it. I'm not sure I'll ever get back to it, sorry.

I'm a bit new here, but I was wondering if anyone still has or knows where to get the soundtrack for Armed and Dangerous. I have the original game discs for the PC, but haven't had much luck finding how to get music out of it.

I used to have the original 6 tracks found on the preview disc, but I've since lost them and only have 1 track left. The MixinMojo site has dead links to those tracks.

Scouring the internet I was only able to find 2 sample tracks from Gamasutra where they profiled one of the composers for the game.

Archived