Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You didnt like the original!? Wow...I realy liked it but I likes CMI and MI2's the best. There also both of my favorite monkey islands.

Yeah the MI2 soundtrack is my favourite, especially the MT-32 version done by Highland (I think?)... downloaded it years ago, along with the Fate of Atlantis soundtrack that got the same treatment.

Okay, I've worked out at tentative tracklist for Launch Of The Screaming Narwhal. Keep in mind I was doing this from memory of how the game played out, so if it's not in the order that you think it should be in, feel free to make your own suggestions. This isn't meant to be set in stone, and again, I did it from memory, so it could be way off.

1. main-theme-full.ogg

2. opening1.ogg

3. opening2.ogg

4. opening3.ogg

5. main-theme-short.ogg

6. interlude.ogg

7. town.ogg

8. town-bar.ogg

9. town-newspaper.ogg

10. town-glass.ogg

11. town-narwhal.ogg

12. town-desinge.ogg

13. town-jungle.ogg

14. map-view.ogg

15. jungle.ogg

16. vox_d'orowhistle.ogg

17. jungle-doro.ogg

18. jungle-voodoo.ogg

19. voodoo.ogg

20. town-pox.ogg

21. town-pox-bar.ogg

22. town-pox-newspaper.ogg

23. town-pox-glass.ogg

24. town-pox-narwhal.ogg

25. town-pox-desinge.ogg

26. town-pox-jungle.ogg

27. desinge-lab.ogg

28. desinge-talk.ogg

29. desinge-weird.ogg

30. activate-machine.ogg

31. jungle-machine.ogg

32. jungle-machine-wind1.ogg

33. jungle-machine-wind2.ogg

34. jungle-machine-wind3.ogg

35. jungle-merfolk.ogg

36. jungle-wind1.ogg

37. jungle-wind2.ogg

38. jungle-wind3.ogg

39. mus_announcerstrings_01.ogg

40. mus_announcerstrings_02.ogg

41. mus_announcerstrings_03.ogg

42. mus_announcerstrings_04.ogg

43. summon-wind-god.ogg

44. restore-winds.ogg

45. ship-at-dock-slow.ogg

46. ship-at-dock-fast.ogg

47. sailing.ogg

48. ship-at-sea.ogg

49. hand-in-tar.ogg

50. hand-muzzle.ogg

51. hand-on-deck.ogg

52. hands-on-deck.ogg

53. closing.ogg

Okay, I've worked out at tentative tracklist for Launch Of The Screaming Narwhal.

In my opinion, I think the many duplicate tracks are kind of unnecessary. Maybe have like a standard tracklisting and an extended one. I also believe the full main theme should be after the closing theme as I do believe it is not actually in the game and it sounds too much like the SMI theme, I would consider it a bonus track :)

That's just how I would have it anyway

That's because the CD version did only used two of them to begin with. And there is another short cue which isn't used, and it's also missing from the SE version. However, I read in an interview, that they also re-did that cue for the sake of a complete soundtrack. I hope, they will release a soundtrack CD. At least, they didn't mix music and ambient tracks together this time.:)

You're mistaken - only a little bit ... ;)

There are three variations of the LeChuck theme on the enhanced CD version of '92, presented here in chronological order:

- The first is heard after leaving the SCUMM bar (track 5 in "my" release)

- the second (very short one) is heard during the "meanwhile" sequence before sailing to Monkey Island (track 14 in my release)

- the third (basically an extended post-SCUMM-bar-version) is heard during the final confrontation (track 21 in my release)

the other cues you're talking about are

- "Trapped aka Confusion aka Cue 2 aka Track 21" which is not used in-game and ...

- "Kidnapped aka Cue 1 aka Dramatic Interlude aka LeChuck's Escape" which is heard when LeChuck captures Elaine and Guybrush stands at the docks, looking after the ghost ship.

"Trapped" is the piece that you read about being re-recorded without in-game use just for completeness' sake.

In my opinion, I think the many duplicate tracks are kind of unnecessary. Maybe have like a standard tracklisting and an extended one. I also believe the full main theme should be after the closing theme as I do believe it is not actually in the game and it sounds too much like the SMI theme, I would consider it a bonus track :)

That's just how I would have it anyway

Well, if that's how you want to do it. But you realize that all the "redundant" themes have slight variations in their orchestrations. And I like having the extended version of the main theme at the beginning, just to sort of remind you that this is a Monkey Island soundtrack. Similar to having the Raiders March at the beginning of the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull soundtrack. But again, however you want to do it, this isn't meant to be set in stone. The benefit of having the different tracks as audio files is that you can discard any tracks you don't feel like listening to, and customize it however you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I actually have something legitimate this time. I got all the files decompressed and I imported them all into SonicStage (default player on my computer), but two of the files won't play: the "Finale & End Credits" and the "evil ending". When I try to play them from SonicStage, it tells me it doesn't support the format. When I tried it with iTunes, nothing happens at all. All the other tracks ran on SonicStage fine. Do you have any idea what's going on? 'Cause needless to say, I don't.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

But seriously, they're probably in an unsupported format like .OGG. Check what their extension is (e.g. main theme.mp3, main theme.wma etc.). If it's something different from all the others then it'll need converting. You can do this with various software around the net, but I'm in no position to recommend one to you (google "audio converting" or "audio conversion software" I guess). I think you can do it in iTunes too, although I'm not sure how. You might wanna look into it.

Archived