Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

Why!Of course, I really like your site on the whole but well I though that giving a honest opinion could matter...

hem, about the cover tere's been a misunderstanding, what I meant is that for example the pics on the back cover of MI4 isn't extracted from this game...

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/images/mi4back.jpg

and that's a pity...

And it's exactly the same for MI3 :

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/images/3back.jpg

Would it be cooler - and more appropriate- to put a capture from the cutscene instead ?

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see... well, I thought those were some very cool looking piratey pictures... so I took them. I had an old version of covers that had pictures from the game on it... but I like these more.

Still, it wouldn't be too much to upload alternate covers as well... be prepared! (Though again: "if I find time")

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on my site:

- I've added the "Knights of the Old Republic"-soundtrack, plus CD-covers.

- I've corrected the links to the "Grim Fandango"-soundtrack (the folks over at the Grim Fandango Network re-uploaded the music at a much higher quality, which made the old links become obsolete)... I got many mails about this issue, and now it's fixed.

Hey, I was just wondering, why doesn't any sites (Grim Fandango Network, Soundtracks, iMuse Island) have THE Grim Fandango theme? You know, the one that's incompletely played at the beginning? I remember when Highland Productions was still around, there was a midi file called "The Longest Story Ever" or something around those lines, and it was good, and 2:00+ minutes long.

I thought the soundtrack CD only came with a limited edition of the game... but obviously I was wrong.

But still, what do you guys think? Should I put it online or not?

As for that "Grim Fandango"-main theme... it wasn't featured on the official soundtrack... that's why none of the sites is offering it as part of it. But as soon as I have more time, I am going to do a "More Music from Grim Fandango"-soundtrack, with stuff ripped from the game. Then the main theme will probably be featured on there.

The way I see it, LucasArts can only really moan at you if you're putting stuff up there that people would otherwise have to pay for - although you can still buy the outlaws soundtrack on Ebay occasionally, LucasArts themselves don't make any money from it. Besides, Grim Fandango.net have the Grim Fandango soundtrack online and no-one's complained about that yet.

Yes, I got your mail, I've been trying to get the ingame midis from X-wing but I couldn't for the love of god extract them, but now that you have done it (god knows how), I'll certainly do the X-Wing soundtrack as well.

I have finally pulled myself together to continue the Tie-fighter soundtrack, so it shouldn't take TOO long. The most time consuming is dividing the string patches into violins, violas, celli and basses.

A little letdown for you guys: A pure "Maniac Mansion" soundtrack won't happen. I stayed in contact with the guy who said he has the music from the game, but unfortunately it's only 3 tracks... that, plus Puffy64's remix, really isn't enough for a soundtrack. But I think I'll add the remix to the DOTT soundtrack (maybe together with the most requested track for "Dwayne"), and update the covers.

I guess if I can dig up more music, I'll do a "LucasFilm Classics"-soundtrack, with stuff like "Maniac Mansion", "Ballblazer", "Rescue on Fractalus" and so on.

But until then all other things get much higher priority. And there are still covers that I need... like "Loom" and "Force Commander".

Oh, and just yesterday I saw "The Dig" in a DVD-case in the store, and now I am thinking about doing DVD-covers for all (or at least MOST) LucasArts-games... I think I might host them on my site too. (there's a thread concerning the necessary "ridicously large cover scans")

@Lundquist:

I didn't rip the X-Wing soundtrack myself, I got them from MadMarty, a regular at the German site "Die Tentakelvilla". No idea though how he managed to get them out of the game.

Laserschwert: I think Spiffy is doing at least some of the DVD covers, perhaps you should contact him.

Regarding DOTT, I once made a "trailer" mp3 for it. I think you can find a low quality version on my site, if you ever want to use a higher quality version of that on a CD that would be cool. Its ok if you don't want to though, I can handle criticism ;)

@woodenstool:

Patience, my young Padawan. There is more music to come, like "Force Commander", "TIE Fighter", "Outlaws" and "The Dig". But I have a job, and am just doing this on the side, and just for fun. Don't worry... more music-updates are going to come.

@daltysmith:

You're just the man I was looking for (or one of those). You're right, I got the music from the PC-version. Conveniently it's stored on the game CD as MP3-files... so not much work to do here.

BUT: The big drawback of those files is the quality, because they were compressed with 96kbps at 22kHz, which isn't CD-quality. Rumours say, that the X-Box version has the soundtrack at a higher quality. Could you please check on that? I guess you can search the CD for MP3-files on your PC. Then just play them with WinAmp (or right-click them, and look at the details) to find out about the bitrate and stuff.

You might mail me about this at Captain_Solo@gmx.net

It might well be that there are MP3's of the music on the XBox version, but when I put the CD in the computer, all that happens is that Windows' Media Player pops up and correctly identifies it as an Xbox CD, and basically tells me that I'm an idiot for trying to play an XBox game in my PC. Does anyone know of any ways that I might be able to capture these MP3's if there are any ways to capture MP3's from XBox games? (Besides the obvious method of holding a tape recorder up to the speaker while I'm playing the game?)

I don't encourage software piracy. But I think when it comes to music extracted from the games, it would be fair to either realease the music on official soundtrack-CDs, or offer it for download somewhere.

After all, LucasArts wants to sell their GAMES... which I don't prevent people from in any means.

By the way, here in Germany the game is on budget now for around 10 bucks... that officially ends it's "newishness". ;)

Now... are those X-Box MP3s of higher quality than just 96Kb at 22KHz?

Archived