• Last Reply

Updates, AT LAST!!

I've added:

- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

- Star Wars: Rogue Leader

Oh no! It's all Star Wars!! Then you'll probably like this:

COMING SOON... Star Wars: Rebel Strike

OK OK, now go there and enjoy it... as usual they all got CD-covers as well. So, go... GO!

I would love to add "Bounty Hunter"... basically I dig all the stuff Soule made. Does anybody have the game AND managed to rip the music from it?

By they way, Murray the Chao, thanks for the tip with Elyon's FTP... unfortunately I didn't find anything else than "Rogue Leader" there.

LucasArts' Bounty Hunter site has a few tracks on it, I know that much. Don't know the quality yet, though.

Also, are you still considering a Grim Fandango Complete Soundtrack, or at least a follow-up that contains some of the decent tracks not featured on the official CD? Lupe, Start Credits, Glottis' Theme, Carla's Life Story amongst others would make a pretty decent list.

Yeah, I am still thinking about that one... though I would have to sort through the music yet (It's all ripped, but I need to play the game again checking out the music, to bring it into chronology).

What about the music from "Armed & Dangerous"... you can listen to some music on the game's site, but you can't download it. And again, it wouldn't be enough... so someone has to rip it. (If I'm not mistaken there's an official soundtrack too.. coming with the collector's or so edition of the game).

Another little update:

I've added the soundtrack from "Star Wars: Rebel Strike - Rogue Squadron III" to my site. Plus covers, as usual.

For the time being this will probably be the last "Star Wars"-update. At least until either someone manages to rip Jeremy Soule's music from "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter", or Mr. Simonsen finishes his "TIE Fighter" and/or "X-Wing" soundtracks.

Stuff to look forward to:

- Loom

- Zak McKracken

- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

And maybe sometime in the future:

- More music from Grim Fandango

- Full Throttle

- Afterlife

After that there's not much left... is it? Suggestions are very welcome.

I just wanted to say how great your site is. I've been waiting for a rip of Force Commander for some time.

One question though. After reading through this thread, I'm still not sure why certain songs from sam and max are missing. Such songs include edutainment, mole man blues, and the 4 snuckey's songs, just to name a few. I'd really like to have definitive soundtracks to these great lucasarts games and I think you've come the closest to making them in terms of the quality of the sound. I'd like to help in some way.

As for Maniac Mansion, while I can't comment on other versions, the NES version's music is quite easilly accessible. Most NES roms have had the raw data to their music ripped for quite some time now. Just check out http://www.zophar.net's massive music library to find Maniac Mansion's. If you want, I'd be glad to rip them to mp3 with Winamp for you.

Thanks again for your awesome work and here's to some more great music!

I'd like to apologize for the extremely long delay in the Toe Fighter and X-wing soundtracks, I decided to start over because the brass ended up sounding utterly horrible, almost teethgrinding - so I'll be using different brass, but don't worry they will be completed.

Hey, Ken... don't worry, I can imagine how long arranging the files might take. It's the result that counts. By the way, I've read a post by you on the GamingForce-forums from January of this year... at least I think it's you... your name there is Aztaroth, right? Now, you're really thinking about re-doing the FOA soundtrack? I would be VERY excited about that...

Regarding "Maniac Mansion", yes, ATM is right... the main problem is that there is VERY little music in the game. And even with the tracks from the NES version (which I think I've got) there's merely 15 minutes of music altogether...

But thanks for the praise, Warmgun... always needing it :cool:

LOL! another title falls victim to fast typing:P

Yeah, I'm Aztaroth on GFF, though I don't visit there much anymore. I do plan to remake FOA again, though that may be some time in the future...

wow, there's been quite some added content since last I visited the site... downloading.

I await the Loom soundtrack eagerly, but I have to say - a lot of the music in the Rogue Squadron series is directly from the Star Wars movies soundtracks. If you've used any of this on the soundtracks, I'd suggest you remove them. I can't download it for myself, cos I'm still on 56k, but I probably will when I get back to uni. The only reason I say this is that I'd hate to see the site get closed down because of a few Star Wars mp3's that are commercially available. Its not the same as downloading music that you can't buy anywhere, they'll see it as losing money.

If you didn't use any of the official music (I didn't see "into the trap", which is a good sign) then it doesn't matter :)

Thanks for the worries, Tones.

You're right, the "Rogue Squadron" series, as well as "Battle for Naboo", uses a lot of the original Star Wars soundtracks. But in the case of the MP3s I am offering this is only a very small fraction of them. There are several tracks that are found on the original soundtracks, but those are all redone with synthesizers, so they are not the same. Then there are some passages used from the original soundtrack recordings, interwoven with newly composed stuff (but all Star Wars games used this technique... even KotOR and FC did... and Kenneth used it on the main theme and on the end credits of his "Dark Forces" soundtrack). So, basically the soundtracks are as "clean" as possible, meaning they don't contain complete tracks from any official soundtracks.

And by the way, if they want to shut me down, they would have enough reasons... more than just a few Star Wars MP3s...

Well, you're right. The NES version of Maniac Mansion has 18 tracks of music, 2 of which are snippets of other songs such as Mario Bros. and Indiana Jones. I think they're catchy and deserving of a soundtrack. If you don't think there's enough music, why not go with that idea for a Lucasarts Classics page or something? How much music did Zak McKracken have? I can only recall the theme song.

Ooooh oooh oooh! How about Zombies Ate My Neighbors? I have a couple of tracks of that on my computer and its just swell. The same deal goes. SNES games have their music ripped on zophar. Really, we should go after all the games they've made, hehe. http://www.lucasarts.com/press/product.htm

http://www.zophar.net works for me. Keep trying I guess. In the mean time, I'll host the Maniac Mansion NSF (NES sound file) and a NSF plugin for winamp on my "webpage." http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~warmgun/ Go to it. I think Lucasarts' early console history is rater interesting. Talk about original products.

Thanks for the files... obviously it's a llittle more music than I thought... though I am a little worried about the sound. Would anybody listen to the clicky-buzzy sound on his stereo? I mean, sure, the songs themselves are catchy and really cool... but the sound quality is outdated. And I am no musician, so re-mixing them like Puffy64 did is out of question... at least for me.

So, everybody... what do you think?

Getting back to what you said about the complete Grim Fandango soundtrack, how would you be ripping the files if you did one? If it's just the no-frills way through Scumm Revisited, I'd be more than happy to put the tracks in chronological order for you. Least I could do.

Archived