Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great site, but one song is missing & that's really bad.

I speak of Rusty Anchor, the one Glottis sings.

I found it some time ago, but deleted it because the quality was crappy.

Would be really great if you could also upload this in a good quality! :)

I tried making a music CD for the 1st disc of Escape from Monkey Island, but around 10 of files I tried to copy were corrupt, apparently. I use Windows Media Player, but should that really make any difference?

Oh, and great site.

Porky, could you tell me which tracks are the ones causing trouble?

I think I know what the problem is...

I've edited most of the files (fading them out in the end, removing unwanted ambient sounds at the beginning and stuff like that), so I re-compressed them to MP3 afterwards. But some files were fine the way the were on the MI4-CDs (so I didn't edit and re-compress them)... my guess is, that their compression isn't standard-MP3, and so they are causing trouble with some players.

So, I'm gonna re-compress an re-upload them.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got that fancy new SynSONIQ-banner instead... isn't that enough?

(By the way, I am not getting payed by them, they just "asked" me to put it up, since I am using tracks that can be found on the "The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks"-CD, which they still sell... better than getting sued, I guess)

Regarding "Full Throttle"... I am already sorting through the ingame-music... which probably will be all I can put up, since "Bone to Pick" can still be bought RIGHT HERE ... and as much as I regret it (I fact I really hate it this time), I don't want to break with my "no stuff still available"-rule.

I know, I know, those songs belong on a real "Full Throttle"-soundtrack, but I didn't make the rule... well, OK, I made it, but I won't break it... I guess. I just don't want the site to get shut down, that's all.

OK, I know I've suggested this before, but let me whine one more time: I really think a Maniac Mansion soundtrack should be considered.

The main reason it was refused was lack of music tracks, but think of it. For the NES version you've got seven songs for each of the kids, you've got the Edison theme, the Mark Eeter theme, the Wink Smiley theme, Syd/Razor's piano song, Green Tentacle's demo tape, and that weird unused track.

For the computer versions you have a different song for the Syd/Razor piano music as well as GT's demo tape.

Then there's the theme song. The NES version has a "reprisal" of it, and the main theme is played differently enough in all the versions so more than one rendition could probably be made.

There. I've made my case. Now I'll shut up.

I just found this site, and I just about cried. I'm SO happy I found this.

This is absolutely fantastic.

I'm a big game soundtrack fan, and I've always felt LucasArts should commercially release some of this material. I'd buy it.

As it is, this is beyond great. Thanks so much for putting this together.

• 2 weeks later...

While this isn't directly related to the site, I thought people might be interested. I'm working on putting together what I call a "Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition" soundtrack CD, to use in lieu of the Monkey Island Madness CD-ROM when you play SOMI using SCUMMvm or Quick & Easy. It will combine the CD tracks from the aforementioned Monkey Island Madness CD with music from the Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island soundtracks. In other words, instead of using, say, the Voodoo theme as heard on the Monkey Island Madness CD, this CD would use the Voodoo theme as heard in Curse of Monkey Island. Of course, I'm not just replacing the old music with the newer music, I'm also editing the tracks together. The opening credits theme, for instance, will be edited together from the opening credits theme from the Monkey Island Madness CD, the Opening theme from Escape from Monkey Island, and the opening credits theme from Curse of Monkey Island. And Stan's theme from SOMI will be replaced from Peter McConnell's Stan theme as heard in EMI.

However, I intend to leave a good portion of the music alone. The Love theme and the End credits theme, as well as both of the LeChuck cutscene cues. (The little "stinger" version of LeChuck's Theme that occurs at the end of the closing credits, I plan to replace with the abbreviated version of the Monkey Island theme from the end of EMI.) For that matter, all of the cutscene cues I'll leave alone.

Now you may ask, why do I do this? Why do I tamper with perfection? And the only answer I can give you is this, I have too much time on my hands and I thought it would be an interesting challenge.

Anyway, Jan, if you're interested in putting my soundtrack up, I could see about uploading you the songs as mp3's. If not, it's cool.

the soundtrack site is one of my favorite, and you've got a huge collection now. I was just wondering if you were going to put the original Tie Fighter soundtrack up there, or if you even have some good versions from the original game. I posted some midi's on Imuse Island eons ago, but I've been hoping for some better versions.

He's been waiting (quite patiently might I add) for me to do X-Wing and Tie-Fighter for the site, however, I'm afraid I won't be able to do it in the forseeable future; some time ago I had some minor surgery, that I recovered from rather quick, but it seems that I now need some more (and bigger) surgery, and I don't know how long it'll take for me to recover from it.

So, maybe it would be best if someone else made the soundtracks.

Originally posted by Laserschwert

(By the way, I am not getting payed by them, they just "asked" me to put it up, since I am using tracks that can be found on the "The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks"-CD, which they still sell... better than getting sued, I guess)

Come to think of it, I know another company that still sells that soundtrack... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived