Home

first person dueling , i was told its coding please help

jediofthenew

what i want to acheive is a first person dueling experience . in combination with the a slow down mod ,also a map im working on,

i want to reproduce the first person duel against vader you get to experience in star wars trilogy arcade.

i need help , i dontknow how to do coding ,

first person view for saber

thank you

im a freshmen at pratt institute of art , i asked around and was told i may not get to learn serious coding till as late as junior year.

there are to many foundation classes i have to go through before i get to really start on any of this so in response to the question of wether its me wanting to do it or gets somone else to i guess its a bit of both , im gonna try out that binding to the o key to try toggle it for now , but yes i am intersted in help with coding for my self and help if someone else can help out with getting this done. im thinking of doing film as my major and takeing this on the side , so getting started now would be ideal, i dont wish to wait 2 years to take a class on this. i hope to gets started now.

thank you for any help or suggestions.

any thoughts on how to slow it down to the right speed ? i experimented with the timescale cheat it does it to drastically , so much that its not playable. perhaps coding that as well. i want to learn how to manipulate both the fp view and the timescale , if someone else can do it thats great i would so appreciate that geting done , but i do want to learn how to myself as well.

i want to slow down the swings , not everything. but not drastically jsut enough to see if i can get that feel im looking for. i figured if i want to play firstperson i can on mp for now but i wanted it initially for fp. the swings , some one had mentioned it will end up being like the vader vs obi duel , slow etc , but thats what i want ! if its a slow duel (the fighting so yea the swings ) and its a one hit kill then yea i really want to try that so i just added one thing :

1. slow down speed of duel not the whole game jsut the saber swings

2. The one hit kill.

so you end up having to be more precise and perhaps it will build tension that way , aslo that its slower adds to that feel of the "masters" duel like vader vs obi.

if u played the vader vs luke battle in the star wars arcade trilogy then u know exactly what i want , im gonna try to find a video of it post it or add my sn here so you dl it from me on aim or something. as for now thats the best i can do in describeing it.

Well, to get that stuff in MP you'd have to do quite a bit of coding. However, you can do that stuff in SP with some cvars.

g_saberanimspeed 1

Single Player, Scaler, Razor Ace

Description:

Controls the saber animation speeds in single player. This effects all saber moves. If you're interested in more "movielike"/controllable saber battles, set this to a lower value. I recommend .5 (50% normal speed).

i have late classes tonight so ill have to wait to get to try that, but i cant wait ! thank you

i was playing in mp and yes it is true . first person view does work in mp but not in sp , the model doesnt get in the way all THAT much unless your crouching and or running but when your running you can see throught it just fine. the model problems are minor unless you using a stance that holds the lightsaber right infront of your view.

to change the style of the enemy's attacking , how would that be accomplished ?

by that i mean , not having them runing around you all the time but just face you in a duel.intended for one on one.

i do like the first person view in mp, i jsut play on my own server and duel the pc , what i noticed is alot of the times they have the tendency even in one on one duels to run around alot and not really have an enjoyable "moviestyle" fight. you have to chase them around for a few hits or constantly be truning in circles. it cant just be me but if anyone disagrees do say so. but thats what i have experienced. so far i am closer to the goal and thats great!

1. first person duels but only in mp so far

2. slower movie style swings for dueling , yes !! :-)

3. to get the computer to take part in the movie style duel and not be running from you all over the place. this mostly happens in mp , so far in sp they pretty much stick in the area your dueling in but i want to limit the running around.

4. ill get to work on the map , a vader model has already been made so with thier permission i have that done to.

im pretty sure the adjusting of the how the enemy attacks you or how he responds to you is coding, any thoughts on how i can explore or begin to manipulate this ?

this applys as well to the amount of running around they do . and how they respond i assume . ok so is it possible to do this in mp for now then ? i see alot of tings being done in mp and sicused , is it then possible to try and start to see if acheiving the above mention goals in mp first then ?

Archived