Home

Jek Goes on Vacation

JekRendar

This following is a story of Jek Rendar’s vacation on Dathomir and Corellia:

-Ocyrus- had invited me on a hunt on Dathomir last night. Recalling my last experience on Dathomir with Bogey, all those trips to the cloning center, the fact that I only broke even on my profits and made very little XP, I was skeptical.

After thinking about it, I agreed and went to the Galactic Map to look at how many tickets I had to purchase. I bought a one-way ticket from Narmle to Kaadara: 604 credits, another from Kaadara to Coronet: 700 credits, and finally a round-way ticket (just in case I found myself broke on Dathomir, I could end up back on a starting planet) from Coronet to the Science Outpost of Dathomir. I would like to mention during this time, I had about 22k credits to my name when I left Rorana.

Upon reaching the dirty, rugged planet, I immediately bought clone insurance for 1k. After staying there for about an hour or so, I had to log, only to return for another round later. I focused mostly on XP this time around. Last time, I was only an experience Marksman, this time I was a Carbineer. I left Dathomir with around 50k Carbine XP, 5k-ish Rifle XP (I’m working on Master Marksman), 7k Scouting XP, and 2k Survival XP. Shortly after about 2 hours total of fooling around on a dangerous planet I left. Overall not bad, I unlocked another Carbine skill but I still needed to get trained on Domestic Arts III.

I returned to Coronet, I was running low resources. I needed chemicals, water, minerals, droid batteries, wheat, and fruit. I searched Rori, Kaadara, and Keren, and couldn’t find those. I figured Coronet would definitely have them.

I would like to mention that I left Dathomir with 26k to my name. I purchased the chemicals and water (for meds) on the bazaar, not bad quality but overpriced. I needed the droid batteries, because my 2-1B surgical droid has a food/chemical station in it, and I didn’t know you could experiment with it. So, now I have something to do, but it doesn’t work.

I wanted the wheat and fruit because now that I was trained in Domestic Arts III, I was able to make a lot for food, but I need the resources. Originally, I was making Exo-Protein Wafers and Spiced Tea for Action and Mind buffs, but now I have resources to make more powerful and now highly experimental foods.

I checked my income and was running low on credits, I took 2 missions. The total payout was about 2.6k, but they weren’t far. While I was there, I looked around at the player shops. I was amazed at what I saw.

I hadn’t been to Corellia, that area south of Coronet, in over a month. It’s the California of Starsider. Continuous houses everywhere and as far as the eye can see. I saw some chef buffs shops, and a half dozen resource sells, one of which I went into see.

His name was BrandonMontana Johnson; ironic, ain’t it (I think Johnson is his last name, but I know that BrandonMontana is his first name, I don’t think anyone can forget a name like that), and he was buying Hides and Bones for 3 c/u. I sold him a spare 1k of bones and twenty minutes later he must have logged on because he purchased them right away. Easy 5.6k.

I also saw a Master Weaponsmith, who wasn’t on the Planetary Map, so I went in saw some pretty good weapons. I was looking for Carbines, but they weren’t as good as Arjanna’s so kept looking, he only had two: one Laser, and one E11.

I saw an Advanced DLT20a for 7.2k, 145-221, 5.2 speed. Not bad, so I purchased it. (If any slicers here want to slice it feel free). It was better than my older DLT20a with a powerup, and for less than 8k, I thought it was a great price.

Anyway, it was a great experience and vacation from Rori/Naboo mission running. Great way, to end a real-life vacation (Thanksgiving vacation I mean, tomorrow I have to go back to school and do the whole thing over again) and I know have to go back to Naboo to run missions out of Keren again. Oh well…

Anyway, now the all the selling and buying have been done, I have 9k to my name, and I still have to return to Rorana, two purchases away.

Sorry for the long post, I hope someone will enjoy reading it, it took 20 minutes to type, and in Word, it’s over 1 and one-half pages.

Thanks Ocy for the trip. I hope you achieved Novice Carbineer!

Originally posted by Osirus Messiah

Sure tha DLT20 isnt already sliced?

Nope, I got it sliced last night after I typed that. Now it's 158-251 damage. It's a kick butt rifle for someone working on Rifles IV. It's makes grinding alot more fun when you can one-shot things that /con yellow to you, using Mind Shot 2.

I'm spoiled, I have a great Carbine, a great Rifle, but now I have to go back and work on Pistols IV, but it's hard finding a good blaster pistol that isn't an FWG5. I'm going to start looking for a good Republic Blaster.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Jaegar has a bunch...

South of Theed, -4846, 3379.

I went there once a while ago and didn't think he was that great, compared to Arjanna. I may have to go back.

Come on people, even if you didn't read the story comment on how long it is. Did you like it? Dislike it? Want me to quit bumping it?

Archived