Home

JA ff s/o ctf Ladder with xmod2

PG|Prometheus

Hi there!

After the release of xmod2, we've launched our new saber only full force capture the flag ladder which will run the new xmod2 serverside mod.

Although xmod2 is by no means completed, it has already enhanced this mode of gameplay. No doubt after future releases, the ladder will be constantly updated so that all matches run the latest version of xmod2.

Whether your a clan or just a group of gamers / friends, you just need a minimum group of 5 people and you can take part!

Aswell as being one of the most competetive gamemodes, s/o ctf can also be acclaimed to be one of the fastest and most fun!

So whether your a hardcore clan or just want some fun matches, join up today!

We hope you can show your support.

PG|Prometheus

JA Admin Assistant

Just a passing question: does XMOD2 provide (or getting to the point of providing) the gameplay changes that the competative community desires from JA? Is it looking like JA is going to be popular once again with this community at some point (if not already)? Just wondering...

Heh we hope to see your support.

There have been positive comments regarding xmod2 from the competetive community and although by no means finished, its on its way to making competetive play far more popular. Theres already 4 servers running xmod2 and s/o ff ctf servers (that were practically nonexistent) have not only started to spring up, but to be filled too.

Celladur: xmod2 is a serverside mod (meaning you dont have to download it to play). This page contains a summary of the changes (and commands) which xmod2 implements.

What about all these "nerfs" that people wanted changed in JA?

From the sounds of it xmod2 is just another admin mod with flip kicks added (oh, and the ability to remove pull-throw... a nerf right? and to remove the Jawa model... because... because... it doesn't have team colors?)

No offense, I'm sure he's not "done yet" (is he the only guy working on it?) but c'mon. I thought this was supposed to be a miracle mod, don't the gameplay changes take priority?

Ofcourse the gameplay changes take priority.

But xmod2 was released like 2 days after the sdk. These were simple changes. Hex could have waited until he'd fixed everything and released one big mod. By that time, a few months may have passed and the competetive community gets more and more frustrated.

This way, simple, but affective changes have been made, to 'appease' the community and give them something to stay for whilst work continues on perhaps more complex changes. Rome wasn't built in a day, so dont expect xmod2 to be finished either.

Despite the minor change of just adding kicks, already now 6 servers are running xmod2, all filled with ex players i've never seen in JA before. Theres no doubt that for these players, xmod2 has enhanced gameplay. Admittedly xmod2 is by no means complete or perfect, but in their opinion (and mine) it has already enhanced competetive gameplay.

The ladders will constantly be updated to run the latest version of xmod2. I believe provinggrounds is the first ladder site to offer this oportunity. We hopr the competetive community can show there support as they so often do.

Regards.

Archived