Home

I have found a very amazing looking game... "Atlantica"

Reborn Outcast

Has anyone heard of this game called Atlantica? I was searcing http://www.gametrailers.com just to see if there were any interesting games that I might like. I came across this game called Atlantica and decided to watch the trailer... and WOW... I don't know why but it just looks amazing. The graphics look awesome, and the storyline sounds cool to. Check out these links and tell me what you think...

Developers website... links to gallery and storyline on the left side...

10th trailer down... or you could just see that it's in order. :D

Well...if this is the game I think it is...then it has changed a lot since I last saw any info posted about it.

The last time I saw anything to do with a game called Atlantica, it was a futuristic kind of game with space exploration, but also had mythical ancient scenery - pyramids and stuff.

If it's the same game - and it could be - then it looks like the focus has gone completely with the native/medieval themes.

This kind of thing happened to the game Enclave, which at one point looked like a Quake 3 Arena clone with lots of badass hardware - and it turned into something completely different.

I guess smaller developers have to change a lot with the times, and try to match the current gaming trends.

Anyway...the scenery in the trailer looks fine, but the animations shown leave a lot to be desired, in particular the animation for pulling the bow, and slashing at enemies with a blade were quite poor. They should look to a game like Thief, which managed to depict both swordplay and archery from a first person perspective very well. Enemies, for the most part, seemed stunted in their movements. Hopefully, with the game still in development, these kinds of things will be addressed.

A nice bit of ragdoll effects were apparent after deaths...

It'll be interesting to see how the game develops further if, as I said, it's the same game I think it is... It certainly bears the same name...

Archived