Home

What's your religion and why?

MasterSidious

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roman Catholic (gah)

I'm only mad at it because I was born into it, and didn't get to chose. They dunked me in the water before I could complain.:mad:

I was thinking of going Witch. I've got Celtic backgrounds,and its very interesting to me. But its very dangerous and littered with posers and conflicting opinions. Gah.

Right now, I'm not sure what I am. I go to Catholic school, and have to go to mass, but I still frequently do Tarot and kept my Witch books.

:confused:

I'm a mess...;)

I read somewhere that Buddism is one of the purest religions because its principals are simple and basic, and theres no gods to agrue about.

Is that true?

If you mean what is written about Buddhism, than it's true. God is not an arguable conept in reality for faith itself is only personal. One man can't destroy other man's conception. Buddhism is more a feeling rather than a collection of commandments to practice. And it doesn't restrict me in my search.

If I had to choose one, I'd be Buddhist... But I'm not disciplined enough to be considered a "true" Buddhist.

The thing I like about it is, yes... it really takes the good parts of religion (be nice to your neighbor, don't kill people, be happy) and leaves the BAD stuff out (infidels, jihads, damnation)

There's nothing to fight over in Buddhism. Because it's just about living a good life. How can you denounce that? It's almost more just a set of standards to live your life rather than a religion.

I could be wrong but it doesn't matter what your parents or whatever are, it matters what YOU want to believe. I myself live in a very strict Christian family with no ties to the outside world (no movies past y7 or sometimes y, no chatting, ect. but I've gotten around that ;) ). I mean, as you grow up you decide what you want to do with your life and sometimes it includes religion. Buddhism sounds pretty cool cause there's no breaking down any other principals/gods. NICE :D As for you Darth Eggplant, you're cool too cause you don't give a ****. lol

BTW ppl, I beleive also that you don't actually have to have a religion to be a "kind and decent human being" also. You can have both :eek::confused:

Orca Wail, what is being a witch exactly? I'm curious.

LOL... I know Im gonna piss alot of swampies off, but if anyone hasnt caught on yet, Im a Christian and not scared to say it.

Was I forced to be a christian? no.

Why am I a christian? Well my friend, its a long story, but to make is short and sweet (more short, not so sweet), this dawg almost died, and was given a second chance... somthing budah, allah(sp?) or any other "god" has not been able to do for me.

I dont nag on people for thier belief(s) or go around telling them they are wrong... everyone can believe what they want and all I can do is set an example by living my life.

I'd like to point out, that Im not like MOST christians... I have alot of opinions of my own. Many things I have heard from "pastors" or "leaders" of the church, I have resurched for myself and found out that they are clearly wrong... anyways, thats me and thats how I roll.

This really belongs in the Senate Chambers...

I'm a Christian. My parents are Christians, but that's not the reason I am. The rest of my relatives aren't. I've read the bible, and I have a very good pastor, and that's enough for me to believe that God is real. I don't want to piss anyone off, but: I think witchcraft is worng (Sorry Orca), and that Catholics aren't Christians. I'm not going to go any further because a lot of you probably want to kill me now. :eek:

Originally posted by ZDawg

LOL... I know Im gonna piss alot of swampies off, but if anyone hasnt caught on yet, Im a Christian and not scared to say it.

Was I forced to be a christian? no.

Why am I a christian? Well my friend, its a long story, but to make is short and sweet (more short, not so sweet), this dawg almost died, and was given a second chance... somthing budah, allah(sp?) or any other "god" has not been able to do for me.

I dont nag on people for thier belief(s) or go around telling them they are wrong... everyone can believe what they want and all I can do is set an example by living my life.

I'd like to point out, that Im not like MOST christians... I have alot of opinions of my own. Many things I have heard from "pastors" or "leaders" of the church, I have resurched for myself and found out that they are clearly wrong... anyways, thats me and thats how I roll.

Well said.

My parents are the same way, its just that they don't keep it to themselves and I don't believe they actually look things up anymore.

I have a few questions for you ZDwag:

1. Where does it say in the Bible in the Old Testament that you can have multiple wives? (why do all the kings have them)

2. "God" says that he "never changes" or something along these lines, so how come when in the "New Testament" they go all off into how its worng to commit what I think they call adultery?

3. It's all good and righteous when someone kills when they're in the army but then you can't just self protect (you know when "Jesus" says that you have to "offer the other cheek")?

Could you please answer these questions for me. I'm just curious. And please don't say anything like "thats not the meaning" or "what are you talking about?" or "it never says this" cause I actually want to know. This always bothered me about my parents religion.

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

This really belongs in the Senate Chambers...

I'm a Christian. My parents are Christians, but that's not the reason I am. The rest of my relatives aren't. I've read the bible, and I have a very good pastor, and that's enough for me to believe that God is real. I don't want to piss anyone off, but: I think witchcraft is worng (Sorry Orca), and that Catholics aren't Christians. I'm not going to go any further because a lot of you probably want to kill me now. :eek:

Catholics are Christians? Why not? First there was the Christian Church, then that split into Roman Catholic Church and The Eastern Orthodox Church. Then the protests began in the Roman Catholic Church. So...how are Catholics not Chrisitian? We follow the New Testament and belive Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that defines Christian.

In Fact

Found From Dictionary.com

\Chris*tian"i*ty\, n. [OE. cristiente, OF. cristient['e], F. chr['e]tient['e], fr. L. christianitas. ] 1. The religion of Christians; the system of doctrines and precepts taught by Christ.

So there. Unless Catholics don't believe in Christ, then you're wrong Joe. No offense.

Originally posted by MasterSidious

Sorry about the double post, but I also want to say that it's cool to have a religion, just not try to FORCE everyone else to it also, only care about yourself. Good point DWAG. I still want to get the answers to my questions though :)

I agree, although Christians are supposed to "witness" to other people. It's the other person's choice whether or not he chooses to listen.

Originally posted by MasterSidious

My parents are the same way, its just that they don't keep it to themselves and I don't believe they actually look things up anymore.

I have a few questions for you ZDwag:

1. Where does it say in the Bible in the Old Testament that you can have multiple wives? (why do all the kings have them)

2. "God" says that he "never changes" or something along these lines, so how come when in the "New Testament" they go all off into how its worng to commit what I think they call adultery?

3. It's all good and righteous when someone kills when they're in the army but then you can't just self protect (you know when "Jesus" says that you have to "offer the other cheek")?

Could you please answer these questions for me. I'm just curious. And please don't say anything like "thats not the meaning" or "what are you talking about?" or "it never says this" cause I actually want to know. This always bothered me about my parents religion.

It's as easy as Old and New testament. With the coming of Christ, depending on your belief system of course, people are no longer under the "Old Law" of the Old Testament, but are now under the "New Law" of the New Testament. You basically answered your own question.;)

I'm Ukrainian Catholic (which follows the Greek Catholic), so even though i am not roman catholic, i'm still a catholic. Difference is that the church is more traditional and orthodox like, ie, singing in the church, easter and christmas are at the orthodox times. Still, I only go to Ukrainian church at important times and the times when I do go to church, its just to the Roman Catholic local Church down the street, because the Ukrainian church is further away than the local church.

Archived