Home

Bantha model coming soon

NeoMarz1

Ok, Im working on a Bantha... Only problem is I dont really know how to animate him right now, so he may be a static model. I mean you will be able to ride him, but it wont be anything to great till I can figure out the animated part. I will post screens soon, and if anyone out there would like to help me out on this project, well...... :angel: Mars out :angel:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yay, now i wont need to make one and it wont be crappy!

:D

The animating part is pretty much the same as it is done in Quake3, only the animations are stored in a seperate GLA file.

Using Assimilate, just add the animated xsi file instead of the gla, proceed, and check the 'make its own skeleton' box.

Then set up the animation.cfg, and you should be done...

Very basic explanation, but you should get the idea.

Very nice model! Bantha is, for sure, one of those models a lot of people have waited for. I might ask you one day for a permission to use it in my next SP map, if you deal out permissions. We will see...

The bantha should be able to eat people. There has been so much bantha fodder around lately :)

Originally posted by lassev

Very nice model! Bantha is, for sure, one of those models a lot of people have waited for. I might ask you one day for a permission to use it in my next SP map, if you deal out permissions. We will see...

The bantha should be able to eat people. There has been so much bantha fodder around lately :)

Thats would be cool to do, not sure at all how you would do that. Sure you have permission already, as long as you give me credit. You will need to wait till its released at our site http://www.aotctc.com... but your welcome to use it. Mars out

"Bantha's in the Wild"

Thanks to Psyko we were able to work out some of the big bugs, now the Bantha is ingame. I have to tell you all about this little "safari":D I spawned a herd of Banthas, and unleashed some predator's on the pack. In these shots you will see the Banthas sprinting away, as these howlers leap at the weaker ones in the herd. It was like watching the Discovery channel. Way cool! While the camara was running, a couple mercanaries came at me on swoop bikes... I quickely clammered up the side of my tamed Bantha, and did my best to ward them off with my blaster. The Bantha took a lot of fire, and sadly to say, met his demise. But at least I made it to some shelter. Much like the Taun Taun, these creatures seem scurry away at approach, so it takes a bit to get mounted on these wild creatures. Well here are the picks from my Safari, Hope you like. The animation, looks pretty good considering its my first attempt. Releas may be soon, but we are still working out bugs. With the success of this model, I think my next will be the Dewback! Mars out!

banthaherd1.jpg

banthaherd2.jpg

banthaherd3.jpgbanthaherd4.jpgbanthaherd5.jpg

banthaherd6.jpg

banthaherd7.jpg

Crickey she's a beaut! but yah have to be careful around these creatures, cause those horns just aren't for show! if you agitate them enough they'll stick on right through your belly!

and it seems strange that these little buggers are wearing saddles in the wild. Blimey they're beatiful! Oy! there's a howler! lets see if I can pick it up by it's tail! thenI can shove my finger up it's (censore) to see if it's a shieal for a guy!

lol, like your presentation Mars ; P nice job too! it looks like on the one you're riding that you're like sitting in it, I can't tell because it's from behind but you look low. You going to make a wild version? (no saddle)

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

Crickey she's a beaut! but yah have to be careful around these creatures, cause those horns just aren't for show! if you agitate them enough they'll stick on right through your belly!

and it seems strange that these little buggers are wearing saddles in the wild. Blimey they're beatiful! Oy! there's a howler! lets see if I can pick it up by it's tail! thenI can shove my finger up it's (censore) to see if it's a shieal for a guy!

lol, like your presentation Mars ; P nice job too! it looks like on the one you're riding that you're like sitting in it, I can't tell because it's from behind but you look low. You going to make a wild version? (no saddle)

Thanks Mate! Me and Psyko are trying to add more animations, Death, Buck, etc... I may release an early version.... I dunno, we'll see. I just downloaded Duncan's Dewback, and was amazed at how well he did it. I may not do the "Dew".... (hehe I'm funny) Any how, I probably wont make a "wild" version, cuz I'm excited to move on to the next project. Mars out

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived