Home

Bantha model coming soon

NeoMarz1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I hate to say it guys, but it is true... I am working on this Eve project. I am sitting on the Bantha model. I guess I decided not to finish it, cuz I was having trouble getting it to animate right. I could turn it over to Psyko, or anyone else who knows how to import it into the game. I have a finished version, but the Bantha is sunk partially into the ground. It works but its not perfect, I felt that if I couldnt finish it as a quality download, then I wasnt going to release it... I just dont have the time to finish it. I would be willing to turn it over to ATOC/TC if they would finish it. Personally I only know a few guys who could finish it. Psyko or Duncan, but if there is anyone one else interested, I would be willing to hand it over. Sorry guys, I have been too involved in my comic. Sincerely Mars

P.S. I may come back to the modding community here and there, but my comic is my #1 passion at the moment.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

Well I hate to say it guys, but it is true... I am working on this Eve project. I am sitting on the Bantha model. I guess I decided not to finish it, cuz I was having trouble getting it to animate right. I could turn it over to Psyko, or anyone else who knows how to import it into the game. I have a finished version, but the Bantha is sunk partially into the ground. It works but its not perfect, I felt that if I couldnt finish it as a quality download, then I wasnt going to release it... I just dont have the time to finish it. I would be willing to turn it over to ATOC/TC if they would finish it. Personally I only know a few guys who could finish it. Psyko or Duncan, but if there is anyone one else interested, I would be willing to hand it over. Sorry guys, I have been too involved in my comic. Sincerely Mars

P.S. I may come back to the modding community here and there, but my comic is my #1 passion at the moment.

I may be able to animate it right

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

I may be able to animate it right

Hey Tie! Hows it goin? Loved working with you on the speeder... its good to see your still in the forums. I guess what I mean by "not being able to animate it right"... Is that I designed a skelaton that doesnt support the animation very well. Later after the design I realized that I needed to animate the sway and awe of the body. As he is now, the step motion is right but the body seems to be stiff. Me and Psyko had started to fix this, but I just ran out of time. I appreciate the offer on that... Let me check out my resources to see if we need to go that far. If I get enough response on this, maybe we can put together enough guys. If so then I'll just turn it over. Thanks again. Sincerely Mars

P.S. anyone else up for this?

Hey Marz. I love your models. I know this is off-topic, but you were MIA for months!! Did you ever hear about the ordeal with the Republic Gunship that I modified? Or the Dark Jedi Starfighter?

O.K., this is really off-topic, but when I released those mods, the AotC:TC had them disabled. Many argued that they had no authority, as you made the vehicles, not them.

After a while, I finally accepted that you are a part of the AotC:TC, and I had no right to modify your vehicles. So, may I now modify and release them to the public?

If you say no, I understand completely, and will drop the subject. I dunno, I guess it is just,"If you have lemons, make lemon juice." I finally got to contact you, so I'm making a use of it.

I won't distribute these mods without your permission though.

Thanx.

:fett:

Originally posted by Majin Revan

After a while, I finally accepted that you are a part of the AotC:TC, and I had no right to modify your vehicles. So, may I now modify and release them to the public?

Thanx.

Well buddy... I wish I could say go ahead, but It was developed while I was working for them. I hate to say it but they have the final word. Personaly I would like it to be available to the community for edit, but...

Although I own authorship of the model, it would be unsavory for me to step over the guys I worked with.

If you want to go to AOTC/TC and try again, tell them you have my blessing. Maybe Anakin will be a nice guy. Good luck!

I personally wonder if it actually will be used in the Mod, guess we will have to wait and see. Sincerely Mars

but marz one thing Why in gods sake did you make the republic gunship so lame when you released it? i mean even a swoop goes faster then it and even the ship flys faster then the weapons

why did you make it so crappy? did you do it to tease us lol why didnt you make a good version with Lasers and other things couse even on the Naboohills map it would be better to have Majins gunship (altough the sideways flying sucks)

Originally posted by MadCow1989

but marz one thing Why in gods sake did you make the republic gunship so lame when you released it? i mean even a swoop goes faster then it and even the ship flys faster then the weapons

why did you make it so crappy? did you do it to tease us lol why didnt you make a good version with Lasers and other things couse even on the Naboohills map it would be better to have Majins gunship (altough the sideways flying sucks)

Every one has his own speciality, Mars is a great modeler and skinner, but not such a great veh files creator. Him and Majin could make a great team :p

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

Every one has his own speciality, Mars is a great modeler and skinner, but not such a great veh files creator. Him and Majin could make a great team :p

Thanx!! I am modelling now, but I'm not the best yet. You'll see when the Coralskipper vehicle comes out. Yeah, Mars is an awesome modeller, but not good with vehicle files.

But, then again, modelling requires actual, awesome, skill, while vehicle editing requires almost nothing.

Right, Amidala? LOL!!

Mars, I'll take your advice and ask them. I do have doubts that they'll let me, but that's O.K., it isn't such a big deal.

Archived