Home

Weird forum problem

ThunderPeel2001

While we're making this a Forum bugs topic i figured i'd add mine :-)

CaliMonk - You have new message(s) since your last visit.
(You have unread messages and total messages in all your folders.) 

It doesn't show the number of messages for some reason, it should be "You have 0 new message(s) since your last visit." etc.

I think it should stay and be repaired. With today's popup-stoppers (MyIE) it's just not working too well otherwise. I don't think people check their User Options / CPs that often.

Turns out I was too quick to claim that it works, so:

The "new post" feature (showing threads with new posts with a special icon + jumping to the first new post) isn't working for me.

You can always get it to email you when you get a new private message. It pops up a Javascript requestor too. I've never seen those used for advertising, so you might as well tell your popup blocker not to bother blocking it.

Also why's this page stretched sideways? Who wants shooting?

Originally posted by Jake

the bug with the private message monitor at the top is known. we're looking for a workaround but that feature might just end up getting deleleted. we'll see.

Whats the exact problem? Perhaps i can offer a solution, i've modded vbb quite some times for the company i work at.

Originally posted by Metallus

Thanks for the offer Cali, but I think tabacco will eventually figure out the problems on these forums. Well, at least the PHP-related ones. Are you any good at counselling?

Aw, crap ;)

The PM thing is because vb doesn't allow PHP in templates, so something has to be worked out in the code. Nothing too hard, I'm just lazy :)

see, all it takes is a little whining and your problems will be solved :)

thanks tabacco for fixing that, like you said you would a few weeks ago... not that there was any pressure or real need to do so. :¬:

again, further proof that occasional whining gets results!

uh... i'll be going now...

Originally posted by tabacco

Aw, crap ;)

The PM thing is because vb doesn't allow PHP in templates, so something has to be worked out in the code. Nothing too hard, I'm just lazy :)

Hehe nice work, just one remark, if not logged in it shows:

"(You have 2 unread messages and 2 total messages in all your folders.) "

;)

Yes, and also it's only counting the messages in the inbox as the total (rather than inbox+sent items), giving a different count than the one on the mainpage. Tee hee! :max:

Edit: Ooh, you can also make custom folders too, which will throw off the count even more!

:bdroid1::bdroid2::bdroid1:

1) hopefully the people who browse without logging in will get excited by the messages and sign up to retrieve them. yes we will fool them into joining.

2) people who use PM enough to create custom folders, and care about how many are in their sent items folder shouldnt exist... but if they do exist they will probably have the other forum PM monitors (javascript popup and email) and wont really rely on the mojo one. if they do its their fault :)

Archived