Home

fix vehicle limit

Duncan_10158

Now with the JA sdk released we can do some more in deep changes of JA. as i am working on some new vehicles i would like to start this thread on how we can mod JA to eliminate or at least rise the vehicle limit.

the vehicle limit has something to do with the .veh files. if there are more the 12 added in the base folder JA gives you an error back when loading a map: veh files extention to large, or something like that. its eighter a limit of the number of veh files or the used size of all these veh files together. i couldnt figure that out.

to fix that is very importent for us vehicle modelers, everyone downloading vehicles surly gets the problem of the many veh files. and for mapper its a limit of the vehicles they can use in thier maps. i dont realy have an idea about coding, but with my other request for help in creating new vehicle classes, i hope this can improve our projects a great part. if someone could help me figure out where the problem is and fix it, would be realy great.

• 3 weeks later...

in 'C:\PROJECTS\JEDI_ACADEMY_SDK\CODEMP\GAME\bg_vehicles.h' :

C:\PROJECTS\JEDI_ACADEMY_SDK\CODEMP\GAME\bg_vehicles.h(365): #define MAX_VEHICLES 16 //sigh... no more than 64 individual vehicles

C:\PROJECTS\JEDI_ACADEMY_SDK\CODEMP\GAME\bg_vehicles.h(370): extern vehicleInfo_t g_vehicleInfo[MAX_VEHICLES];

Vehicle limit is 16 it can be increased up to 64. I would do it but i dont have the tools to compile a new minimod or submod for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived