Home

The Rising Empire in Jedi Academy...

Antizac

Well, I've been working on this and juggling a few other things in my life, so it's progressing...

...slowly.

Chapter 1: Part 1 Is just about done...

Just needs some good scripting.

screenshots In Jedi Academy:

Chapter 1: Coruscant: Part 1

13832.jpg

13833.jpg

13834.jpg

A model, I'm currently working on:

13837.jpg

Clubbin' at Captain Ron's Shanty...

13835.jpg

13836.jpg

...Until trouble arrives.

13838.jpg

Screenshots from Chapter 2:

13839.jpg

I still have some dynamics I need to work out for this...

13840.jpg

I also need a rideable animal that's not a Tauntaun...

Comments?

Really nice, such a huge contrast between the two locations will be a very interesting switch. The cityscape looks dark and believable, and the Medieval style setting looks fascinating. Oh, and the modelling skills are really impressive too.

Monsoontide is working on a variety of vehciles and creatures, maybe one will suit your purpose?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113941

Are you going to release each level for part 1 seperately? Personally I'd say that would be good, allowing you to focus more easily on each part.

Absolutely amazing Antizac. Coruscant looks exactly asit should, architecture is fantastic and the signs look very authentic. I do hope though that you feature areas in the ground level (like in AOTC) I'd love to actually move through the streets and not only rooftop platforms. Any plans for daytime Coruscant? No one has ever tried that before.

Is that model Leela? Looks good, though I can't see her too well in that lighting. Can't wait for her to be done.

As for Chapter 2, also looks good but I honestly liked much better how it looked before when it was in the daytime, reminded me a lot of Korriban in KotOR.

Forgive my ignorance but how are these maps going to work? MP I assume or have you found a way for SP to work? Since that's what they feature in TACC.

I really look forward to seeing these maps both SP and MP if possible and Leela too! Great job.

Originally posted by Archonon

Forgive my ignorance but how are these maps going to work? MP I assume or have you found a way for SP to work? Since that's what they feature in TACC.

It's gotta be SP man - there are stormies a plenty in one shot. What do you mean about finding a way for SP to work? It is possible to make full SP levels for JA right now, so far only one to my knowledge though.

Thanks for the info Kengo, back with JO I recall something that since the source code wasn't released then SP missions couldn't be made (or something to those effects) and I thought that JA had this problem as well. That's why I mentioned my ignorance on this, I don't remember exactly what the problem was back with JO, only something about the SP source code being needed but if JA doesn't have these problems then so much the better.

Still would like to see the maps in MP as well though.

NP man. You see, they never released the source for for JO SP, and I doubt they ever will for JA SP either. This means you can't edit a load of coded stuff, which is why you won't see the kind heavily altered mods for SP that you will for MP. However, the map and scripting tools for JA are both out, you can create fully functioning levels for SP for both games, and can still mod a load of stuff. If you never got into JO SP levels, theres a cool back catologue...

Sorry for taking this a little off topic DAK, back over to the project. Really cool :). MP maps of these locations like Archonon suggested would be rather amazing too.

Absolutely amazing work! This will be a level to be remembered. The atmosphere looks really interesting, lighting is very moody (in a positive way, that is).

And I must add that I really like this comment a lot, I can't even express how much:

Just needs some good scripting.

Chapter 2 is dim, because it will all be lit by dynamic light, which will rotate around the map, giving the illusion of night-day-night, and so on...

Which is what I meant by:

I still have some dynamics I need to work out for this...

Here's a little inside info for those of you who haven't really been watching Rising Empire Showcase posts...

Chapter 1: is Linear, action-based.

Hopping from one situation to the next. (About 3 or 4 Levels)

Chapter 2 is going to be very explorable, nonlinear, interactive and will give the player a free-roaming experience, that you really only get from RPGs...

(Will be about several different maps interconnected - allowing you to jump from point A to B to A to F or whatever physical path the player takes...

Chapter 3: Is still just a vague idea.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Um...speaking of that, how do you plan to integrate those two?

A Hyperspace experiment gone wrong...

I'm still keeping things a bit vague, at this point, because it seems to have worked for Anthony Piggott, in the past.

The Medieval setting probably doesn't make any sence, to anyone at this point - but, trust me - it will, and...

...I hope people will like it in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived