Home

How to avoid the darkside?

Samus

I want to play good. What should I not do? What actions, choises etc decide whether I turn out good or bad?

For example, using security on an apartment door and entering it, is that bad? Probably not, but what about taking things from the apartment, like if there is a bag lying on the floor. Am I drawn to the darkside by looting it?

You don't have to worry. Stealing and breaking & entering is not considered evil. Or not evil enough.

When you do something very good or very bad you'll notice it cause you'll get a very clear message saying you have earned light / dark side points.

This often takes place in dialouges.

Just quicksave often and if you get the wrong kind of points you can quick load back.

Remember that while you are a Republic Soldier and later a Jedi, you are also a 'RPG Explorer' ... which means that people throughout time and space have come to accept that you will bash down their locked doors, perhaps talk to them (or not) and wander around looking for good stuff to add to your collection.

- Seek opportunities to help people, not just solve the big quests. Your party will wait, no matter how urgent the matter at hand seems. I'm on my second time through and have already gained 2 light side points I missed the first time through (one from starting something too late to be able to finish it, the other from forgetting the rule below).

- Always return to talk to people you help. Let them tell you how great you are, but *never* accept the reward when given a choice. Jedi seek rewards other than credits, don't forget.

Mike

I allways accept reward, that's just me :cool: What would you do when you rescue someones daughter from the hands of the evil Sith?? I'd expect at least some kind of reward :p:D

Question: do you still receive the award when you 'reject' one? Like in real life, when you say "ahh... you shouldn't have.... but I'll take it anyway :cool: "

yeah, i'm on my second time through, and i have denied every reward and helped everyone i could and my light side points maxed out before getting to the last star map, maybe even before the third one. it is tough however to turn down those sidequests that you know will lead only to dark side points though.(i.e. the battle with bendak in the dueling arena, or the sidequest from the extra datapad you receive oin tatooine and gain when meeting hulas on manaan)

and as it is possible to turn down some rewards and still get them, some you will not get when you refuse them. so i say just weigh out the options.

because obviously you can get more light side points than you need in the game. so say in the first sidequest on taris, with the woman who needs help having her bounty removed. my first time through i mplayed neutral, no light side points no dark side points. and accepted her reward of 2 energy projectors. those are rather rare items as far as upgrade items are concerned. the second time through, i refused the reward and got my light side points. but i had not yet realized as i do now, that your alignment points could be maxed out long before the end of the game.

and as far as exploring things and rummaging through people's belongings, the sand people will attack you, even if you managed to gain a peaceful solution to this sidequest, if you go through their belongings. however attacking them and killing them all at this point will not gain you dark side points as you have already gotten your light side points from attempting a peaceful solution.

Archived