Home

Jedi Academy Reloaded (admin mod for JA)

zERoCooL2479

Originally posted by zERoCooL2479

Maybe if you read the Readme or knew 1 thing about this mod for JK:JA, you would know that I have:

a) Not added any emotes other than unlocking the ones Raven gave us for ffa.

b) Got rid of admin empower, terminator, punish, protect, slap, bunny.

c) There are no added abusable commands.

Bottom line, this mod is safe and not destructive like the predecessors. The only person you should be ranting and raving about is the person that has not seen through this and has decided to release abusive crap to the community again. Sorry, but you really need to point the finger elsewhere this time!

PS: In case you didnt know, you can only ban a certain amount of ip's before flushing the server to make room. The cVar was replaced by an external file (which doesnt reset when you restart the server) called banIP.dat. The reason secondary admins were made is cause we dont want people to have the ability to shut the server down or nerf cvars. Giving them enough abilities to do what is right on the server in case someone is being a complete d-head.

Why is sleep needed?

Just answer me that.

Are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me people won't abuse the hell out of that this time either?

Are you going to tell me in JO, childish admins did not get off on standing over sleeping players while insulting them with every derogatory four letter word/racial slur in the book?

Do you not grasp that was the pretty much sole function that command was used for on public servers?

Humiliating and degrading players is your idea of bringing the community together?

Do you really think that won't happen this time around?

Cut the PR bull**** man, no one over the age of 12 is buying it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by zERoCooL2479

Maybe if you read the Readme or knew 1 thing about this mod for JK:JA, you would know that I have:

a) Not added any emotes other than unlocking the ones Raven gave us for ffa.

b) Got rid of admin empower, terminator, punish, protect, slap, bunny.

c) There are no added abusable commands.

Bottom line, this mod is safe and not destructive like the predecessors. The only person you should be ranting and raving about is the person that has not seen through this and has decided to release abusive crap to the community again. Sorry, but you really need to point the finger elsewhere this time!

PS: In case you didnt know, you can only ban a certain amount of ip's before flushing the server to make room. The cVar was replaced by an external file (which doesnt reset when you restart the server) called banIP.dat. The reason secondary admins were made is cause we dont want people to have the ability to shut the server down or nerf cvars. Giving them enough abilities to do what is right on the server in case someone is being a complete d-head.

Thanks a lot for this, Chosen. No abusive admin commands is always good.

I know the versions of JA mod you've released for JK2 weren't meant to do what it did to pubs but most of the time, the servers that ran your mod had idiotic 12 year old admins who thought they really had some power and were tough ****.

We all know though that some jerkoff newbie who feels that admin mods with these abusive commands were fun will make his own admin mod and it will circulate through the JA community within a week and will once again make pubbing hell to many players. I can only hope this doesn't happen though.

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

No...you are the one that is totally wrong.

I as well as many others, especially the FK | run servers so other people who play the game seriousely have a place to do so. It has nothing at all to do with admin's having "emote powers".

Your as lost and clueless as Rosh Penin.

hehehehehehe,

I didnt mean that.

I meant crazy 9 y. olds will run servers for power. not everyone runs it like chopshop or fk.

And allot of servers are made because of the God like powers.

I didnt mean fk do that......

:)

Chances are, the abusive admins will get the cheapo abuse mods that have slay and slap. Jedi Academy Reloaded probably will get a certain amount of abuse leaked out of it, but thank god that cHoSeN oNe is not releasing the source code.

But you need to realize that not ALL admins will be abusive. There are admins who are just there to have fun like decent people, and enforce their server rules appropriatly <sp?>. I can promise you that.

I'd just like to add my opinion here real quick. Most of you have NO clue who I am, so you probably won't care about my explanation, but... I run and co-founded the Jedi Academy website (http://www.thejediacademy.net) that gives JAMod its name. Chosen, a high ranking member of the school, made the mod originally to allow us to control our classes and our private servers.

We have very little toleration for n00b players, idiots, immature brats, etc, and so Chosen added in the admin commands like sleep and slap to allow us to discipline students who were out of line during a class.

Now, he had NO idea what kind of hell would break loose when he first created it, but now that JAMod is out for JK:JA and all that is left is sleep, i agree with Chosen's decision. As for leaving sleep, since the primary objective of this mod is to help us run classes and such, sleep is a great tool to stop an unruly student from disrupting a class without resorting to kicking. It is an attempt to get the unruly student/player to see the error of his/her ways and to calm down.

I also think this could be a useful command for admins of public servers... kind of like a "timeout in the corner" like in elementary school. Whether it is actually used that way, there's no way to tell. That's up to the maturity of the admin.

I can't speak for Chosen on this, but IMO the JAMod is designed for our academy first, and the fact that it's become as popular as it is is really just an extra bonus. The original idea was for Chosen to take the old Vulcanus mod and customize it for our purposes. I don't think he ever thought of the long-range ramifications should his mod unexpectedly become popular. But now it is, and I feel with this new version Chosen has taken out most of the problems people have and left in the stuff that is incredibly useful. But of course I'm biased, feel free to disagree at will.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Why is sleep needed?

Just answer me that.

Are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me people won't abuse the hell out of that this time either?

Are you going to tell me in JO, childish admins did not get off on standing over sleeping players while insulting them with every derogatory four letter word/racial slur in the book?

Do you not grasp that was the pretty much sole function that command was used for on public servers?

Humiliating and degrading players is your idea of bringing the community together?

Do you really think that won't happen this time around?

Cut the PR bull**** man, no one over the age of 12 is buying it.

I knew you were going to bring that up and although doob makes a good point. I'll give ya another one.

Sleep does a few things.

1) paralyzes the client so you can talk some sense in the brat if he/she tends to interfere with what you are doing.

2) I set the godmode flag on sleeping clients so those that wish to lame them, cannot harm them...so it doesnt affect any abuse that way.

3) I really dont think it humiliates them at all. Its just another step before kickbanning them off the server, cause in all do respect, I dont like kicking anyone off of servers unless it is REALLY necessery.

So my answer is YES, FK | unnamed, I do think it will be different this time around. I hope people don't download those other mods that are attempting to repeat my past. The game is still kinda new and people are still newbies so lets keep a little optimizm.

right...

Look guy, I have noting against you, hell I don't even know you.

My problem lies in the damage these mods cause to the community so my gripe is not specifically with you.

But I have to wonder how on earth you could honestly believe that "sleep" would not be abused.

That was the single most abused command in any of these mods.

And being that the Academy mod was not the first admin mod for Outcast, you had to have noticed some of the absurd crap that was going in in those Vulcan's servers.

So unless you spent your entire duration of Outcast game play on some isolated server out in the boonies, I'm only left with the conclusion that you did indeed know these commands were being abused and were causing a hell of a lot of grief for the players just trying to have a good time, and you chose to ignore it.

I mean really man, myself and many others posted countless demos on these very forums showing just how childish and vulgar people could be when they had admin on a server running your mod.

And 99% of the time it was not the bunny or empower commands that were abused, (hell you at least could put up a fight when those were used) it was that stupid sleep command.

The server name may change but the scene is always the same:

5 /model "reborn/boss" players standing over some sleeping guy calling him a faggot and a noob and a lamer and telling him his mother is a whore and he's gay and... you get the point.

Doubt this happens?

How many dozens of demos would you like me to send you of it being done?

The thing is guy; don't look at this from the perspective of a player like myself or yourself who has been around for a while.

Look at it through the eyes of that kid who just got the game for his birthday and is playing online for the first time.

He connects to 5 separate servers running your mod and on all 5 he's pinned to the floor and rendered immobile because he just wanted to play this cool new star wars game, swing his saber around and zap some people with lightning.

Now first off, he's probably confused as hell.

Most games action games where killing people is the way to score points, don’t punish you for using weapons on other players so he's probably getting really frustrated by the third server he connects to and experiences punishment for just trying to play.

Now factor in the fact that on 4 out of 5 of those servers, while he was pinned to the ground he had a pack of people standing over him calling him every derogatory slur you could imagine.

Would you really want to keep playing a game in that kind of community?

Btw, I forgot to say Kudos to Chosen One for Removing the Abusive Commands!

Hopefully other admin mod authors will follow suite! (and keep the source code private for crying out loud!).

Agreed with the sentiment of Unnamed and Amidala on this subject...

Well FK | unnamed, it would appear that you managed to play on all the "worst" servers in JO for admin abuse and avoided all the good ones, this is the only way you would have come by such a "dismal" view of the JK community at large.

Kurgan, we can all see you are an intelligent man but judge your replies to other threads including this one and most would come to the conclusion that you don't play the JK games that much and your mistakes in certain threads has show this, therefore all though your arguments carry weight at first its soon becomes apparent that it is all second hand points of view.

Here are some "facts" from my extensive experience with JO and the Admin mod created by ChoosenOne here.

On average 8 out of 10 servers that I personally played on regularly used JA Admin mod. On average 7 out of 8 ran the mod without abuse.

The majority of dedicated server owners are adults, manly because most parents would not pay 30-50 dollars a month for their Childs game. Therefore most servers are run by mature people who have no interest in "power" over other gamers and just wish to have the rules followed, as is their right as the bill payer. Now that’s a fact I know through my own experience with other various server owners/various clans.

I myself owned a dedicated server, all rules were in the MOTD as with most dedicated servers. I also used chat binds to make sure no one was under any confusion about the rules of the server.

In the event of a player joining that didn't follow the rules these were the standard actions in this order providing the player didn't stop breaking the rules.

1) Verbal warning (public chat) usually accompanied with a re-show of the MOTD.

2) Sleep/Slap, with a second explanation of the rules.

3) Kicked with reason attached.

4) Kick Banned.

This was the standard on most servers I played on in JO, fact. If not exactly like this is was something very similar. Warnings then kicked, a simple yet fair system.

Now ChoosenOne here has gone out of his way to provide the same fair system and has removed the commands admins just don't need, like ampunish and empower. For this he should be commended not slated.

=X= Mod for example has all the "abusive" commands any 9 year old wannabie admin could ask for, OmNi mod the same.

ChoosenOnes mod on the other hand is made strictly to help server owners/admins enforce rules easily.

Now is it open to abuse?....off course it is but for that matter so is rcon.

If I purchase a dedicated server again I want to know that I can deal with players that won't follow my rules. This is my right as the server owner. If there is a mod out there that works better than Rcon then that’s better for a server owner and the regulars that play there and follow the rules.

Just because a system is open to abuse does not mean it is bad and must by slated and picked apart by so called "competitive" players.

RL example,

The police carry night sticks and mace, should we campaign to have all their weapons removed because one or two slap happy cops maybe a bit over zealous with said weapons?

If you come across a server with abusive admins you just leave and never go back, this is your only effective course of action.

The argument that new players will be "put off" the game by said abuse is ridiculous, when I was a new player in JO I did as the others were doing, if I joined a server were everyone was going crazy and killing indiscriminately that is how I played, if I joined a server were everyone was dueling or acting "civilized" then I acted accordingly.

Following this simple rule I remained un-banned from any server and only managed to get myself kicked once.

Now this may make me look a little sad but I played JO to death, every day for about 8 months and on hundreds of servers. This proves to me that if you follow the rules of the server you don't get admin abused. Fact, through personal experience.

Now there is a good few servers out there that will have abusive admins, off course there will be (manly home servers, owned by kids) but that is a minority, the majority of server owners are adults with good sense.

Home servers and the small few dedicated servers run by Children will not run JA mod and are more likely to go for =X= mod or OmNi mod because they provide a much better selection of “abusive” commands for admins.

This is all fact from my point of view and with my experience I think it is safe to say that I am right or damn close.

Now no doubt people will quote me and try to “pick apart” my point of view but the fact remains that I know this to be true, anyone with the experience I have in JO would know this to be true. I expect JA to be much the same.

Argue if you must but at the end of the day if most dedicated server owners choose admin mods then you are all going to have to learn how to follow rules or play on other servers, if it turns out that ALL servers end up running admin mods then that’s all there is to it. Follow server rules or do not play, simple really, like it or not.

The only option left to anyone who doesn’t like it is to purchase a server of your own and run it how you see fit.

Finally I will not be drawn into a “flame war” with anyone here. I post this once and only once and have no wish to argue semantics. The main reason I did it is because a lot of forum members here have either got so jaded by reading here or have become so set in the own style of game play that they can’t see the wood for the trees.

My 2 cents,

Originally posted by Coraith

Well FK | unnamed, it would appear that you managed to play on all the "worst" servers in JO for admin abuse and avoided all the good ones, this is the only way you would have come by such a "dismal" view of the JK community at large.

Kurgan, we can all see you are an intelligent man but judge your replies to other threads including this one and most would come to the conclusion that you don't play the JK games that much and your mistakes in certain threads has show this, therefore all though your arguments carry weight at first its soon becomes apparent that it is all second hand points of view.

Here are some "facts" from my extensive experience with JO and the Admin mod created by ChoosenOne here.

On average 8 out of 10 servers that I personally played on regularly used JA Admin mod. On average 7 out of 8 ran the mod without abuse.

The majority of dedicated server owners are adults, manly because most parents would not pay 30-50 dollars a month for their Childs game. Therefore most servers are run by mature people who have no interest in "power" over other gamers and just wish to have the rules followed, as is their right as the bill payer. Now that’s a fact I know through my own experience with other various server owners/various clans.

I myself owned a dedicated server, all rules were in the MOTD as with most dedicated servers. I also used chat binds to make sure no one was under any confusion about the rules of the server.

In the event of a player joining that didn't follow the rules these were the standard actions in this order providing the player didn't stop breaking the rules.

1) Verbal warning (public chat) usually accompanied with a re-show of the MOTD.

2) Sleep/Slap, with a second explanation of the rules.

3) Kicked with reason attached.

4) Kick Banned.

This was the standard on most servers I played on in JO, fact. If not exactly like this is was something very similar. Warnings then kicked, a simple yet fair system.

Now ChoosenOne here has gone out of his way to provide the same fair system and has removed the commands admins just don't need, like ampunish and empower. For this he should be commended not slated.

=X= Mod for example has all the "abusive" commands any 9 year old wannabie admin could ask for, OmNi mod the same.

ChoosenOnes mod on the other hand is made strictly to help server owners/admins enforce rules easily.

Now is it open to abuse?....off course it is but for that matter so is rcon.

If I purchase a dedicated server again I want to know that I can deal with players that won't follow my rules. This is my right as the server owner. If there is a mod out there that works better than Rcon then that’s better for a server owner and the regulars that play there and follow the rules.

Just because a system is open to abuse does not mean it is bad and must by slated and picked apart by so called "competitive" players.

RL example,

The police carry night sticks and mace, should we campaign to have all their weapons removed because one or two slap happy cops maybe a bit over zealous with said weapons?

If you come across a server with abusive admins you just leave and never go back, this is your only effective course of action.

The argument that new players will be "put off" the game by said abuse is ridiculous, when I was a new player in JO I did as the others were doing, if I joined a server were everyone was going crazy and killing indiscriminately that is how I played, if I joined a server were everyone was dueling or acting "civilized" then I acted accordingly.

Following this simple rule I remained un-banned from any server and only managed to get myself kicked once.

Now this may make me look a little sad but I played JO to death, every day for about 8 months and on hundreds of servers. This proves to me that if you follow the rules of the server you don't get admin abused. Fact, through personal experience.

Now there is a good few servers out there that will have abusive admins, off course there will be (manly home servers, owned by kids) but that is a minority, the majority of server owners are adults with good sense.

Home servers and the small few dedicated servers run by Children will not run JA mod and are more likely to go for =X= mod or OmNi mod because they provide a much better selection of “abusive” commands for admins.

This is all fact from my point of view and with my experience I think it is safe to say that I am right or damn close.

Now no doubt people will quote me and try to “pick apart” my point of view but the fact remains that I know this to be true, anyone with the experience I have in JO would know this to be true. I expect JA to be much the same.

Argue if you must but at the end of the day if most dedicated server owners choose admin mods then you are all going to have to learn how to follow rules or play on other servers, if it turns out that ALL servers end up running admin mods then that’s all there is to it. Follow server rules or do not play, simple really, like it or not.

The only option left to anyone who doesn’t like it is to purchase a server of your own and run it how you see fit.

Finally I will not be drawn into a “flame war” with anyone here. I post this once and only once and have no wish to argue semantics. The main reason I did it is because a lot of forum members here have either got so jaded by reading here or have become so set in the own style of game play that they can’t see the wood for the trees.

My 2 cents,

considering that each one of us has been banned from servers THOUSANDS of times, no its not isolated. it was present on 99% of the servers out there (minus those of us who played ff/so we played on our own servers and were too busy trying to win.

as for your experience i bet 100 rupees that you bow before duels and whine about chatkills.

you know of Marker0077? he got attacked while he was bowing and he turned into a 5 year old that happens to hear one of his parents using a bad word and started cussing out the guy and bitching to everyone on the server.

xmod's admin functions were always a non-issue. only competitive clans used it, and they never used anything other than the kick, ban, and team features.

hell any admin that stopped to do **** like that would be bitched at for not doing his job (what he was supposed to do like escort a capper, whatever) and would get right back to it, and in the future hardly ever do anything with them.

that said i don't think hex should have those commands, but it is up to him and it will have to be a necessary evil on our servers until my team puts our mod out (if we decide to do it). and as for those abusive admins that would use xmod? we would kick-whore their asses to death :cool:

and just a last thing. chosen why don't you have that mod for your academy where it, i assume, is used properly, and release a mod to the public without ANY of those commands, including sleep.

if any of our clans ever had "unruly players" then we would usually beat the **** out of them till they listened, and if not continue doing so or booting them. usually someone getting their ass kicked (legitly not admin ****) over and over tends to calm people down and more willing to listen as they see they aren't "top dawg" or anything.

but hell isn't it so much more fun to stand over them when they have been slept and start questioning their sexuality and that of their lineage and the sexual practices of their little sister?

Originally posted by Rumor

considering that each one of us has been banned from servers THOUSANDS of times, no its not isolated. it was present on 99% of the servers out there (minus those of us who played ff/so we played on our own servers and were too busy trying to win.

as for your experience i bet 100 rupees that you bow before duels and whine about chatkills.

you know of Marker0077? he got attacked while he was bowing and he turned into a 5 year old that happens to hear one of his parents using a bad word and started cussing out the guy and bitching to everyone on the server.

xmod's admin functions were always a non-issue. only competitive clans used it, and they never used anything other than the kick, ban, and team features.

hell any admin that stopped to do **** like that would be bitched at for not doing his job (what he was supposed to do like escort a capper, whatever) and would get right back to it, and in the future hardly ever do anything with them.

that said i don't think hex should have those commands, but it is up to him and it will have to be a necessary evil on our servers until my team puts our mod out (if we decide to do it). and as for those abusive admins that would use xmod? we would kick-whore their asses to death :cool:

and just a last thing. chosen why don't you have that mod for your academy where it, i assume, is used properly, and release a mod to the public without ANY of those commands, including sleep.

if any of our clans ever had "unruly players" then we would usually beat the **** out of them till they listened, and if not continue doing so or booting them. usually someone getting their ass kicked (legitly not admin ****) over and over tends to calm people down and more willing to listen as they see they aren't "top dawg" or anything.

but hell isn't it so much more fun to stand over them when they have been slept and start questioning their sexuality and that of their lineage and the sexual practices of their little sister?

656 posts, and you still quoted his whole dam post straight after his post????????

atx250

Ps

Yes i see the irony.

Originally posted by atx250

656 posts, and you still quoted his whole dam post straight after his post????????

atx250

Ps

Yes i see the irony.

why wouldn't i?

i am not in the mood to chop it up into little quotes and i don't have the time (gotta get to school)

Here we go again. An admin mod comes out, and the usual x-mod defenders are there to either flame or protect or whatever. Just STFU and leave it alone to whoever dislikes it!

EDIT: Look, I know how annoying it gets when some admin amsleeps you and all that ****. In JK2, I entered a french server. They said ''no laming'', so I said ''ok''. Next thing I know they're all breaking their own rules, so I thought they changed the rules. So I killed them with their sabers off, and what do you know, I'm called a lamer and I am amsleeped. I cussed atleast 20 times before I disconnected.

Still, on every thread like this, you don't need to bring up the same old points you bring in every adminmod thread such as ''a kid got it for his birthday and he wants to play it, but finds himself getting amsleeped and slayed, ruining his experience'' we heard that atleast 10-20 times.

We get the point.

1.) If you're clan is holding a meeting/practice/whatever, and you can't keep someone quiet during the meeting, then maybe you should rethink if that person should even belong in the clan. A quick yell of "Keep it up and you're going to be banned from the clan!" is a very good way to shut them up. If they don't, then boot their sorry asses. If you actually NEED crap like sleep, and all that other stuff, to maintain order, then you're a piss poor admin/clan leader.

2.) Why is that ONLY JKA needs all that extra crap? There are TONS of servers for a variety of games, and they all seem to do fine with just kick/ban. Once again, the admins don't need **** like the sleep command. What they need to do, is to learn to do their god damn job. If they did that, then we wouldn't really need admin mods of any sort.

3.) Coraith, I'm not sure which JKA YOU play, but it's obviously not the same as ours. The majority of servers for JKA are run by idiot admins, that force their "honor codes" on the players, and abuse their powers. Then again, if I remember right, you are one of those bowing freaks, so you probably never have problems on all these "good" servers. Oh and it's "Can't see the forest for the trees." Just thought I'd let you know.

Coraith, I respectfully beg to differ. Do people have that impression of me? That I "don't play the game very much" and therefore my arguments "don't carry weight?"

Every game in the series I got on the day it came out (except for DF1) and I played JK/MotS for 3+ years straight. I've been a member of JK.net (in all its many forms) since around November 1997.

I will admit that I more or less only played JK2 sporadically after the release of the last patch, but that was due more to lack of time (school and other activities) than anything else. With JA I started anew, spending just as much time on it as any of the other games, playing it many hours a week. My server runs pretty much 24/7 and has since shortly after the win32 server binaries were publically released. And I don't just play on my server, I also "go pubbing" like many here like to do.

And yes, I have witnessed the "honor n00bie" syndrome and the power mad admin syndrome, and I've been around the block enough to know that it's a problem with (at least) some people and that I don't want to be like that.

Those Strategy sites I have should at least show that I "did my homework." They're not perfect, but they represent at least a fraction of the time and effort I've put into these games. I haven't spent all my time bitching on forums or bragging about my "l33t sk1llz." ; )

It's true that I can't be everywhere at once, I can't play every single player and join every single server, and have a contest with every single clan (which would be pointless since I'm not IN A CLAN MYSELF and that right there disqualifies me from ever expressing an opinion in some people's minds... because if you're not in a clan you're automatically a "n00b" even though that ignores the fact that there are plenty of "n00b" clans and clans with mediocre players in them).

If I was claiming to be the greatest JA player of all time, or that I knew everything there is to know about the game, maybe people could use that against me, but I don't. And I've always been a strong supporter of the "admin of a server gets to make the rules, don't like it, leave" philosophy. However, that doesn't mean I can't point out how the use of abusive mods contributes to bad admin-behavior (which rubs off on players and leads to people making angry rants on here against honor codes and admin mods).

So honestly I don't see your big problem with my opinions. My opinions are my opinions based on my experience (just like I assume your's are... you decided what you believe based on what happened to you, rather than what your clan told you).

That's all. If you have different experiences fine. You may even have different opinons (gasp!), but don't expect me to agree with every single one of them. ; )

Where was I shown to be wrong? What "mistakes" are you referring to?

Or is this another veiled reference to the "FF Sabers Only CTF" elites and their demands for a kick patch for JA?

So your innendo that I don't know anything because I'm a n00b falls flat. Next time at least try to provide some evidence before you bash me for no reason.

Originally posted by Coraith

-Image removed due to mod PM-

Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass and come to realize that admin mods WERE abused across the boards, and a good majority of that came from OmniMod/Jedi Academy mod servers.

We shouldn't have to bring back the abuse threads from the JKII forums just to show how much **** is given to people who just want to play the damn game.

Considering the fact that he runs a server, and also plays on it (been there, done that, whooped his ass by the way), secondhand my ass.

The only thing he would have second hand knowledge of is the clan scene, and xmod. That's it.

See picture above.

Just because the server operator pays for the server does not mean that he's going to have extra "help" on hand, meaning he's going to give a bunch of bitter, pissy children the /ampass and let them run rampant. And when their admin access IS revoked (which I have NEVER seen occur even in a ****storm), they bawl like a bunch of babies.

List of servers please, since I know you're full of ****.

Read uj's reply on rcon usage, especially since it can be used in and out of server.

RL example,

Think about those cops that are in trouble right now for excessive use of force. Note the word EXCESSIVE. Admin mods create abusable situations because the punishments administered are EXCESSIVE. A simple verbal warning/kick is enough to get the job done, with a ban following if he decides to come back and break it again.

Hi, I'm Rad Blackrose, Anti-Saberist Code. I come on to servers, kick ass, get banned from servers, press my reset button to be unbanned, come back, beat your asses some more, rinse, lather, repeat.

You may push me around,

but you cannot win.

You may throw me down,

but I will rise again.

The more you say,

the more I defy you.

So get out of my face...

Excuse me while I die of laughter for a bit.

I'm not going to bother quoting the rest of this post, because most if this is not factual, but instead contradictory to what occured on JKII servers and is a waste of my time to bother to reply to. It sounds like the typical "but my server wasn't like that!" post.

I want the last ten minutes of my life back, due to reading then replying to your piece of refuse you call a well articulated and "factual" post.

The facts are:

1.) On every server that administrated with an admin mod, people who were not qualified to be using said mods had access to use them anyways.

2.) Excessive use of commands in order for an administrator to be at the top when in fact his skill level was piddly **** created an abusive atmosphere with a monkey see, monkey do outlook.

3.) Admin mods breed chatrooms, the antithesis to what the game is: an FPS with melee combat orientated processes in a third person overview.

4.) Creators of mods refused to remove said commands in JKII for the fact that their mod would lose popularity, and thus the mod creator would lose popularity. So if you think about this, it is one big pissing match for these people.

5.) Master William, you came to our thread and decided to stir the pot. Now we're here. Retaliation following a pathetic pre-emptive strike. GG

Considering the fact that he runs a server, and also plays on it (been there, done that, whooped his ass by the way), secondhand my ass.

The only thing he would have second hand knowledge of is the clan scene, and xmod. That's it.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

A simple verbal warning/kick is enough to get the job done, with a ban following if he decides to come back and break it again.

Incorrect.

If you were an admin at an "honor code" server, you'd understand.

Using the police example, consider this:

If the cop had to resort to simply telling a criminal not to do something, would the cops really get the criminal to stop?

*guy robs a bank*

Cop says: Hey you! Don't do that! Give that money back!

Criminal says: STFU

*cop runs after the criminal*

*criminal shoots the cop*

Well that worked good, huh? :roleyess:

And, you really can't ban people using rcon. You can only ban a couple people before you have to clear the bans and start over.

Also, rcon is not reliable at all. The JK3Files server admin called Atlas has a bug in his /rcon status which only lets him see a couple or no people. Which means anyone with a space in their name could not be kicked or banned.

Archived