Home

Jedi Academy Reloaded (admin mod for JA)

zERoCooL2479

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Incorrect.

If you were an admin at an "honor code" server, you'd understand.

Using the police example, consider this:

If the cop had to resort to simply telling a criminal not to do something, would the cops really get the criminal to stop?

*guy robs a bank*

Cop says: Hey you! Don't do that! Give that money back!

Criminal says: STFU

*cop runs after the criminal*

*criminal shoots the cop*

Well that worked good, huh? :rolleyes:

And, you really can't ban people using rcon. You can only ban a couple people before you have to clear the bans and start over.

Also, rcon is not reliable at all. The JK3Files server admin called Atlas has a bug in his /rcon status which only lets him see a couple or no people. Which means anyone with a space in their name could not be kicked or banned.

The thing you need to see, TK is that this is a video game and something as extreme as bank robbery is not relevant at all.

A simple warning/kick/ban/silence would do the trick. I mean what's this "lamer" going to do? Kill your player model? Who really cares? It doesn't do perm. damage or anything. Just kick/ban him after or sit there and cry. What we call the 12 yr old admins are the guys who see someone kill someone else (oh noz! pplz lievs are at stake!!!!) they immidiately pull out the /ampunish. A kick is sufficiant and doesn't waste anyones time.

It's not like the "lamer" will pull out a ban gun on the admin and ban him from his own server. It just doesn't work that way.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand how it is being an admin at those servers. I am an admin at the public gameservers.net servers, and heck do I get tired of telling people the same thing. Retards run around breaking the server rules, totally ignoring my damn spammage of the rules (I have to spam if they don't stop it), and I end up warning them 2-3 times. They don't seem to give a ****, so I kick them. They come back asking why they were kicked. I explain that he/she must follow the server rules, or get kicked. He/she starts cussing, and disconnects.

But hey, even if you wrote it in the sky with smoke, they wouldn't understand it, because they would rather scratch their asses instead of looking up.

Originally posted by Master William

I understand how it is being an admin at those servers. I am an admin at the public gameservers.net servers, and heck do I get tired of telling people the same thing. Retards run around breaking the server rules, totally ignoring my damn spammage of the rules (I have to spam if they don't stop it), and I end up warning them 2-3 times. They don't seem to give a ****, so I kick them. They come back asking why they were kicked. I explain that he/she must follow the server rules, or get kicked. He/she starts cussing, and disconnects.

Exactly.

And kicking someone from the server is supposed to be the last resort. Sleeping someone gives the admin an opportunity to explain the rules so that they are not broken again. Therefore there is little or no confusion and no need for a kick.

Although, just because someone breaks the rules they are "retarded" is not true.

Originally posted by Leebs

I remember in the xmod thread the competitive players were telling the honor players to get out off of their thread due to them continuously causing confrontation.

This is like deja vu....but vice versa :rolleyes:

negatory.

they were derailing a thread where we were talking about a specific thing for specific people.

if they want to debate with us then they can make a thread about it instead of invading everything and either flame baiting or flaming outright.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

I will welcome them with open arms:amidala:

That's what I like about your disruption server, Amidala. No one even complains about laming. :)

Although there is the occasional chat kill whiner. :(

Complaining about chat kills in team games is so... stupid.

I never hesitate to chat kill in a team game.

I saw you on there tonight. There was a good reason there was no complaining about laming: most of the time you were there, most of the other players were bots:amidala:

142:53 Exit: Timelimit hit.

142:53 score: 77 ping: 55 client: 0 ^7[^4LC^7] TK-8252

142:53 score: 30 ping: 53 client: 1 ^1Dark^3Jedi

142:53 score: 11 ping: 0 client: 7 ^7PooperScooper

142:53 score: 10 ping: 0 client: 5 ^3!^1Peligrosso^3!

142:53 score: 9 ping: 0 client: 6 Billy-Boba Fett

142:53 score: 3 ping: 0 client: 4 ^1Scorpion

142:57 say: ^1Dark^3Jedi: gg

142:57 say: ^7[^4LC^7] TK-8252: bye bye

142:59 say: ^7[^4LC^7] TK-8252: gg

142:59 ShutdownGame:

My bots may whine ("laaag!" "i hate bots!") but they never complain about "laming". Bots may be stupid, but they are smart enough not to complain about something that doesn't exist (on my servers).

Originally posted by Master William

Amidala, your servers sound like very nice servers, but I prefer to stay away from american servers, because they give me atleast 150 ping, and I hate lag. If I ever get a better connection, I might pay you a visit.

Thank you Master William, I would be very happy to have you visit :amidala:

You are right about ping, and due to the realities of geography, your ping will be higher. That is especially a disadvantage on the Disruption instagib server, where ping is king. Look above at TK's ping (55) and Dark Jedi's (53). They will have an advantage in that game. It's not as critical in non-instagib play. I know you are in Sweden. I have at least a couple of regulars from Finland, and one of them, IceStorm, is one of the top Chop Shop players, despite his ping usually running over 200.

Those bots were so easy it was pathetic. ;)

I knew that they were bots, because they had 0 ping. But I meant back in JK2, when the server was full of real people.

I couldn't find your disruption server in the master list thing, just the saber servers. I had to put in the IP, is that why no one goes there yet?

I know you honor nerds want your perfect little structured Jedi fantasy worlds but the thing you always fail to forget is....

These are people you are dealing with on your servers, not bots, not actors in a star wars movie.

Some people just want to play a game.

If don't want game players on your servers, lock them and give the password to your regulars.

But letting the general public in and then pinning them to the ground with sleep commands (for the crime of playing the game) and then proceeding to tower over them and lecture them like children or demean them with insults is just a little fantasy Jedi power trip for you people and you damn well know it.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

fail to forget

That means we remember. We remember that we are dealing with real people. Not bots, not Star Wars actors...

If we lock servers, how do new people get in? If someone is new to the game and wants to play with an honor code and all the honor servers are locked... how does he get in? He's forced to play with the big boys in the fight servers. And if your server you're a regular at is full, and you don't want to fight in a server, I guess you don't get to play.

If we lock servers, how do new people get in? If someone is new to the game and wants to play with an honor code and all the honor servers are locked... how does he get in?

If they were new to the game, they really wouldn't know about "honor code."

He's forced to play with the big boys in the fight servers.

Sure, why not? That's how I started JK2. (The 1.02 days)

And if your server you're a regular at is full, and you don't want to fight in a server, I guess you don't get to play.

If I didn't want to fight, I'd use an instant messenger program and surf the web.

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

If they were new to the game, they really wouldn't know about "honor code."

Not true.

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

If I didn't want to fight, I'd use an instant messenger program and surf the web.

Hmm, well that's just you isn't it?

Originally posted by g//plaZma

How so? No other game besides JK2 had an honor code.

Who knows? Maybe they've been reading on forums and stuff like that and want to play in a more "structured" environment. Jedi Outcast/Academy isn't like most other games now are they?

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Most people actually, a game seems to be impractical to use as a chat client.

True that the game was not meant to be a chat program. But if it weren't for the chat feature I would never be where I am today... in clan [LC], and an admin at JK3Files. Heck, there wouldn't be any clans at all.

Who knows? Maybe they've been reading on forums and stuff like that and want to play in a more "structured" environment. Jedi Outcast/Academy isn't like most other games now are they?

Are you telling me every newcomer has been reading forums and stuff about honor?

True that the game was not meant to be a chat program. But if it weren't for the chat feature I would never be where I am today... in clan [LC], and an admin at JK3Files. Heck, there wouldn't be any clans at all.

You know damn well what I mean. The game has a chat option, true but the most I've ever chatted at once was just a few words. Knowing how to use the chat button didn't exactly get me in any clans.

Archived