Home

Jedi Academy Reloaded (admin mod for JA)

zERoCooL2479

I'm an admin at different servers, from Siege servers with no rules to FFA servers with honor-rules. You can't blame me for what server I am an admin at. I am simply asked to administrate a place, so I do it. Don't tell me you wouldn't administrate a honor server, that would sound so childish.

I play all ways possible that JA has to offer. FFA, Siege, honors, no honors... Well, the list goes on.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master William

I'm an admin at different servers, from Siege servers with no rules to FFA servers with honor-rules. You can't blame me for what server I am an admin at. I am simply asked to administrate a place, so I do it. Don't tell me you wouldn't administrate a honor server, that would sound so childish.

I play all ways possible that JA has to offer. FFA, Siege, honors, no honors... Well, the list goes on.

OMG, he just can't help himself!

Master William, you have frequently told people to stop saying the same thing over and over again. We know you are an "admin", OK? Perhaps you skipped over my post on the previous page. To save you the trouble of paging back, I'll quote myself here (to avoid saying the same thing over in a different way myself).

Just imagine if tomorrow there were no more admin mods and subadmins. OMG, Master William would lose his "job" and have to be just like everyone else. He couldn't say "I am an admin" anymore. That's what a lot of this is really about.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

With proper administration, it's possible. And if people could just follow rules, there would be no need for admins or mods. The admin mods are created to handle people who have an issue with following rules.

And if there are no added-on made-up rules (to speak of) there is even less need for abusive admin mods or the admins to enforce them.

It seems to me that some of those who most ardently and at great length defend honor codes, rules, and admin mods are those who, like Soviet apparatchiks

ap·pa·ra·tchik ( P ) Pronunciation Key (äp-rächk)

n. pl. ap·pa·ra·tchiks or ap·pa·ra·tchi·ki (-ch-k)

1. A member of a Communist apparat.

2. An unquestioningly loyal subordinate, especially of a political leader or organization.

have the most to lose from the elimination of an oppressive totalitarian system: those "admins" (really subadmins because in most cases they don't pay for\host the server AND have rcon access AND have FTP access to server files if it's a hosted server) who would lose their "jobs" and have to go back to being regular old players if there were no more honor codes or admin mods.

For example, someone like this (sorry TK)

I just want to be an admin because it would be cool to have infinite power over people. Not that i'd be a power abuser, it's just that I want to be incharge.

BTW, there are servers that are meant for all out war, so join those.

or this (sorry Master William):

Even if they are, I am admin at that server (it's a gameservers.net server) so I don't have to worry about getting kicked or chased or stuff like that.

I do like it, but I've never seen such a complicated... yet whiny... community for a game. I see it as a fight- and chat arena, sometimes I just screw fighting and I just watch other people fight, and I just sit and relax in a corner or something. This of course being at the server I am admin at, of course. (This meaning all gameservers.net servers)

Hmm... Gameservers.net FFA (03) is the server I am admin at. (i'm an admin for gameservers.net), and it's the one i play at mostly I guess.

Nothing annoys me with lamers. It used to, in my very best JK2 old days, I used to run around screaming 'lamer! OMG!!!' etc.

Anyways, what DOES annoy me with JA is when you have set your own server rules (or when I'm admin at the gameservers.net servers, which I am) and people just jump in and break the rules, even though I press the + key (bind + key say ^4Breaking these rules will get you kicked.... etc).

Otherwise, I'm fine with it. Just hate the rule breakers who can't read the chat messages when it's necessary.

If they do that ''saber off'' trick against you, you should kill them for that. A guy at the server I'm administrating (gameservers.net server) ....

I understand how it is being an admin at those servers. I am an admin at the public gameservers.net servers, and heck do I get tired of telling people the same thing. Retards run around breaking the server rules, totally ignoring my damn spammage of the rules (I have to spam if they don't stop it), and I end up warning them 2-3 times. They don't seem to give a ****, so I kick them. They come back asking why they were kicked. I explain that he/she must follow the server rules, or get kicked. He/she starts cussing, and disconnects.

But hey, even if you wrote it in the sky with smoke, they wouldn't understand it, because they would rather scratch their asses instead of looking up.

Excuse me, not where I play. :)

You've made that point already but jk3files isn't the only "honor" server.

Clicking on the server info button in the server selection list, you can see if the server is running an admin mod or not. If it is running an admin mod, most likely it'll have some kind of code.

We weren't using one.

Ask Amidala... do I ever spread honor in her server?

No, and I wasn't accusing you of anything like that. I'm talking about the "honor" community in gerneral.

Yes, I knew what he was saying. But here in the states, breaking into someone's house to destroy their TV gets you arrested.

Maybe but how does arrest relate to the game? BTW, you won't get arrested for just breaking their TV, the arrest comes from breaking into their house.

What's your point? I spam the fact that I'm an admin too much?

Yes.

And the servers I play at don't use a single admin mod ;)

Yet. When the real admins (the ones who, as I do, actually pay for\host the servers, configure them, and maintain them) chose an admin mod (if any), I hope you can persuade them to use a less abuse-prone one like Jedi Academy Reloaded or the next version of xMod2. Or at least disable the abuse-prone commands in other admin mods so subadmins won't be tempted to abuse players.

Excuse me, not where I play.

Want a cookie?

Not every kill can be 'cinematic.' And yet, if they get killed by anything but the most basic of saber attacks when they are fully ready and after much bowing, they cry "Lamer!"

These are probably the same people that want a crowd around their deathbed because they were an honorable person and their touch meant they were gifted or something... Want the truth? I'm borrowing this from a movie I have a paper on due Tuesday.

Suppose nothing happens to you. Suppose you lived out your whole life and nothing happens you never meet anybody you never become anything and finally you die in one of those New York deaths which nobody notices for two weeks until the smell drifts into the hallway.

Guessing where that quote came from gets you another cookie.

Yes, I knew what he was saying. But here in the states, breaking into someone's house to destroy their TV gets you arrested.

That is true, and you know what? It's NOT ILLEGAL TO INVADE SOMEBODY'S SERVER AND DEMAND THEY HONOR (no pun intended) YOUR PERSONAL HONOR CODE AND CALL THEM A LAMER!

Breaking into somebody's home is llegal, but it's not wrong merely because it's illegal.

It's rude, disrespectful, hateful, etc.

Likewise, invading somebody's server and harassing them or their guests is not illegal, but it's similarly rude, disrespectful and hateful.

If you want an admin to change his rules, here's an idea, EMAIL HIM/HER or otherwise contact him/her and talk about it in a civilized manner.

Unfortunately large numbers of honor dudes don't get it, they invade public servers and use mob rule and profanity to try to force their beliefs on others.

Admin Mods with their amslap commands seem bourne of this same "angry honor dude" mentality. That's why I link the two. Honor is a more widespread problem, but I can ignore it (except on servers with voting enabled), however Admin Mods I can't, because a server that has them has the power to humiliate me at the drop of the hat, for no reason at all.

It's as if they were made by some honor guys so they could have "revenge" on all the "lamers" who ignored them. Yet the trouble is the admin mods don't care if you're a lamer or not, they just give you the power to BE a lamer, unopposed.

Ironic, isn't it, that the supposedly "honorable" players and admins are also the first ones to resort to callvote-kick and the use of amslap/sleep/slay/kickban when they encounter somebody who has different ideas? Doesn't sound so honorable to me...

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Yet. When the real admins (the ones who, as I do, actually pay for\host the servers, configure them, and maintain them) chose an admin mod (if any), I hope you can persuade them to use a less abuse-prone one like Jedi Academy Reloaded or the next version of xMod2. Or at least disable the abuse-prone commands in other admin mods so subadmins won't be tempted to abuse players.

We aren't using any admin mod, just original JA, as I said. There are two ranks of admins (usually), and a ''real'' admin is not one of them. And I am telling them to use JA Reloaded, because it has only necessary commands.

And all the times I said I was an admin was necessary to be said because my otherwise my post would appear a little bit confusing.

I'm just a normal admin at GameServers.net, what do you want me to do? Break the rules and edit the configs? Pay for a public server? I think the words you are looking for can be either dedicated or better, not real.

A real admin is just one who doesn't abuse and is good at doing his/hers stuff, like kicking the right persons, telling people the rules, etc.

No offense intended, but it's just annoying how you just stormed in and started calling me a bad admin and that I should stop spamming it, totally off-topic.

@ Kurgan: I stumbled upon people who called me ''lamer" in a no rules server. The MOTD clearly showed the rules such as ''The word 'laming' is not recognized here'' or ''this is a no rules server, so don't scream the word 'lamer' here''.

Still, the admin told me to shut up for some reason when I told the honorists to read the rules, and they still went: ''lamer! we make the rules!''

Hah, my and my friend at school even use the word as a joke, we laugh our butts off when we hear somebody in JA going "lamer!".

No offense intended, but it's just annoying how you just stormed in and started calling me a bad admin and that I should stop spamming it, totally off-topic.

I never called you a bad admin. I've never seen you doing it so I have no idea whether you are good, bad, or indifferent. I will assume you are good.

@ Kurgan: I stumbled upon people who called me ''lamer" in a no rules server. The MOTD clearly showed the rules such as ''The word 'laming' is not recognized here'' or ''this is a no rules server, so don't scream the word 'lamer' here''.

Still, the admin told me to shut up for some reason when I told the honorists to read the rules, and they still went: ''lamer! we make the rules!''

Hah, my and my friend at school even use the word as a joke, we laugh our butts off when we hear somebody in JA going "lamer!".

Sadly, there are always going to be people like that.

My guess is that either the admin was away, or there was a subadmin in position (that maybe let his power go to his head now that his boss was away).

I read the logs from my server and I've occasionally seen funny things, like people pretending to be the admin (for some reason people assume that a high scorer or somebody who talks a lot is automatically the admin!) or people yelling about honor and trying to convince everyone that they're right. Then I've had people get pissing angry at bots and yell stuff at them.

Finally, I've had a few people defend my lack of rules and shout down honor players on my server (which is fine by me, muahhahaha!).

That's the thing about h0n0rz d00dz.. they think their rules are universal (or they think they "ought to be") and try to spread their propaganda everywhere, even where it's obviously unwanted.

And they accuse US of "laming" and "ruining the fun."

Hypocrites... ; p

Archived