Home

We Remember

Surfnshannon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by STTCT

iraq.jpg

Someone shared this picture on another forum I go to. Its the Baker Company fighting over in Iraq. They are part of the only Marine Infantry Battalion left in Iraq. They say they are proud to serve our country.

I think its awesome. :):D

We can always quote it, like this. ^_~

It is very nice. =)

Originally posted by legameboy

Yeah, that's cool. :)

I'm proud to be an American! XD

Ehm...didnt you move to Mexico or something, incase I remember correctly?

As to this picture. PFFT. People should let go of 9-11. Its starting to get on my nerves. "9-11 this and "9-11" that. Dammit. People should let go already!

Originally posted by Acrylic

As to this picture. PFFT. People should let go of 9-11. Its starting to get on my nerves. "9-11 this and "9-11" that. Dammit. People should let go already!

:mad:

I can't believe you can say this. If we forget, then 9-11 just becomes another holiday that people look foward to because of the extra day for the weekend. If we forget, 9-11 will become just another day of the year.

We should never forget, because then it becomes worthless.

Well whether you guys are for or against the war - It makes me proud to have such brave men and women out there!

not only brave men and women, but people who can stand in formation in the form of letters!:D

anyway, my heart goes out to those troops, and i wish they have a safe time there in iraq and come back allright!:cool:

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

I can't believe you can say this. If we forget, then 9-11 just becomes another holiday that people look foward to because of the extra day for the weekend. If we forget, 9-11 will become just another day of the year.

We should never forget, because then it becomes worthless.

Oh well. People shouldnt make such a humongous deal about this. If you want something to cry about, cry about the Civil war. More lives were lost in that war than all of the US wars ever. Thats something to cry about. Not 9-11.

Oh well. People shouldnt make such a humongous deal about this. If you want something to cry about, cry about the Civil war. More lives were lost in that war than all of the US wars ever. Thats something to cry about. Not 9-11.

So you consider 9-11 just a simple event in time that doesn't matter? All those lives lost, and all the firemen who tried to save them died so that we would forget about it and have people like you saying "BIG DEAL." The Civil War was lamented... but its a CIVIL WAR... no one wants to remember a period of time where their own country was torn to pieces because of slavery (another hideous act).

How can you, as a citizen of the US, decide to forget, and say "who gives a ****" about lives being lost in a terrorist attack, and more lives being lost in the form of the people trying to save them.

Ok everyone, calm down, hold your breath and count to 10..................feel better? Good.

Now I have mixed opinions on this. 9-11 was a tragic event that not only shocked America, but the world. My feelings go out to the victims of the attacks and to all the soldiers out in Iraq (the Aussies too.).

On the other hand, I do want to move on from 9-11 so posting topics about remembering 9-11 (yes I know is respectful) but it is not encouraging us to move on. I remember Bali Bombings when Australia was targeted. Now THAT shocked me more than anything because (even though in Bali) it was targeted to Australians. In other words, 'Your next Australia'. Boy that freaked me out, along with the Jakarta bombings. I don't think the world stopped for us as everyone did for America.

Also during Stalin's regime, (when Ukraine was occupied by Communist Russia (Soviets)), there was an oppressed famine in Ukraine in which about 7 million died (more than in the Jewish holocaust). Not many people know about this because this was covered up but being of Ukrainian descent, I know about this and how people just survived on scraps of food. Stalin always wanted to take over Ukraine due to its resources and culture and this was his ideological method. Do many people remember Ukraine's horrific famine?

Now does the world stop to remember these horrific events? Don't get me wrong, but I am just saying we need to move on from 9-11 because people are becoming sick of it and want to move on. I know this post will probably provoke more argument and I apologize if what I have said offends anyone but this is my honest view.

Yes we should remember (as well as other horrific events that don't always involve America) when the anniverseries occur but not always post or talk about 9-11 every few days.

Btw, yes it does look cool how people can make letters like that :D.

nice picture:hattip:

I have a question for you acrylic.

Did you lose loved ones in the 9-11 incident?

Hopefully someone who did will see what you posted.

You deserve a good flame, long time coming too.

I have seen numerous arrogant posts by you, Mr almighty sig maker.

I even believe I read one once were you where crying out for sympathy, guess all the people that posted should have just let it go though huh?

Maybe you should have just left, instead of crying about it to see if you would be missed.

here is the thread if anyone forgot:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=117636

Is this painful to read, I hope so. Now think of the pain that the families had to go through after their loved ones died.

Your petty problems don't mean crap.

Originally posted by Luke Sirra Jedi

Are you talking about me?

No he's referring to Acrylic.

By forgetting what happened on that tragic day and forgetting the seriousness of that event, we let down our guard and open ourselves to terrotist attacks that might be prevented if people were more wary and cautious of what these attacks can do (like 9-11). I'm not stating for people to be stuck in the sorrow and pain of 9-11, I'm arguing people should not forget the lessons learned from that day.

Ehm...didnt you move to Mexico or something, incase I remember correctly?

someones parents "let go" of their kid and said, well acrylic this acrylic that is getting old, he's on his own lets forget about him.

go dig your grave so we can bury you alive.

oh really? well then with your logic then black people should stop pointing out slavery.

and HELLO these were civilians (mostly) that were killed in a cold blooded attack, not a military action.

god get a ****ing clue dip****.

Originally posted by eniaC

nice picture:hattip:

I have a question for you acrylic.

Did you lose loved ones in the 9-11 incident?

Hopefully someone who did will see what you posted.

You deserve a good flame, long time coming too.

I have seen numerous arrogant posts by you, Mr almighty sig maker.

I even believe I read one once were you where crying out for sympathy, guess all the people that posted should have just let it go though huh?

Maybe you should have just left, instead of crying about it to see if you would be missed.

here is the thread if anyone forgot:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=117636

Is this painful to read, I hope so. Now think of the pain that the families had to go through after their loved ones died.

Your petty problems don't mean crap.

wow that thread is ****ing sad. i think the bigot needs to go out into the real world a bit and learn how to treat people. obviously someone was a spoiled brat and then got cut off.

oh and acrylic, make sure you take a blackout suit so that the sun's rays do not burn your skin like acid.

Archived