Home

omg, multiplayer, aka CHAOSPLAY

Kil'Jaden

FFS, i never play jkja online no more, its too much chaos,

i mean

ppl are always around trying to kill ja, they are jumping around like some other....

ctf: who has the flag dude? no good warning when someone takes your flag, no nav becon on the flag carrier eighter.

siege: .....WTF

ffa/tffa: pure "ppl are always around trying to kill ja, they are jumping around like some other...." style all along

duel/pduel: ahh, first one with real "non-chaos" gameplay, but with insanely STUPID bots.

-------------------------------

The above statement is my opinion, and treating it as fact can lead to flame wars and/or star wars and/or Mad Chihuahua's.

I disagree with you there, I love the MP play, especially siege.

ctf: who has the flag dude? no good warning when someone takes your flag, no nav becon on the flag carrier eighter

When your flag is stolen a sound announces it, and in the bottom right corner you see the colour of your flag with an X on it. To see WHO has the flag, press TAB and in the score list you'll see your flag in front of a player's name. Not clear enough? I guess you want a huge flashing and bouncing 'down arrow' above the flag bearer

Yes my day was WTF too, I went to the baker and he had WTF bread, so I payed him with WTF money. Let's talk schmurfs= I WTF the WTF WTF by the WTF. Conclusion: be more clear pls

Multiplayer can seem a little spammy at times, especially with saber only games. However, if you play around a little, I'm sure you'll find some people who play the game at a similar level to yourself.

As always, the bots are really no match for a human, but if you play online against other humans, i'm sure you'll find it much more fun. Try joining our no force duel ladders (see signature).

all FPS's (with the exception of those meant to be slow) are chaotic. they are meant to challenge you mentally, visually, and challenge your reflexes.

any fps out there that you pub in will be chaotic unless you land on a rp ffa server.

once you get used to the pace, it wont seem to be chaos anymore.

I honestly think jk1 is the fastest game ever, I don't remember playing anything that matches the pace of FF Guns on Oasis, or FF Sabers at BGJ. Although Sabers NF was my thing in jk1.. but that was still *much* faster than the base movement in jk2/jka. :x

If you can create a mod that brings back this speed to the series then go for it tbh. Actually, there are tons of elements of jk1 gameplay that you could bring back, in particular the weapons/force side of the game.

LOL, with server commands you can speed up the players..

I can do it with code too but I only have the sdk not the game....

g_speed 500 or 5000 or 500000 ect... default is 250 I think

try

timescale 0 or 2 or 3 or 4 ect...

if timescale doesnt work put g_ or cg_ in front of it...

let me know if it works...

you will have to be the server.

You can't just literally speed up the game and play it.. it would be totally ****. You have to make adjustments to the gameplay to compensate for either a speed increase or decrease.

It's not just the speed of the game anyway, it's the general pace of everything. Much like all new games, jka in particular seems slowed/dumbed down compared to it's predecessors.

JK1's speed forced people to practice to get better and better, with jk2 and jka's (slowest yet) ffa all you really have to concentrate on is force pool (that's if there even is force) and aiming with crap guns (quite fun) .

With jk1 it was zooming around at super daft speeds (fun), while trying to aim (fun), using force powers (fun), outsmart your enemy (fun), remember every single power up (not so fun but gives you an advantage), try to not bash into a wall with force speed on (fun), refrain from super gripping (tempting), keep the map on while using force seeing (tactical) and spotting coggers (pain in the Fecking ass). There's obviously much more that I haven't mentioned in both games but JK1's ffa (really DM in both games :p) was so much more deep, challenging and fun. Saber combat was very simple and meaning it wasn't very deep but the skill level was super high because of the simpleness.

In JKA Saber combat is ifinitely better but why the hell didn't they try to make the ffa's more deep and challenging.. BETTER than jk1's. All they needed was to spot the good and bad elements and improve the good ones. A few days playing jk1 would have helped them.

The speed also helps stop randomness as you have to practice to get skill, A Q3 player can quite simply come and kick ass by using their (presumably) good aiming in the toned down speed.

ah,

well I can mod

faster gun fire rate

more force

faster speed

higher jump

powerup respawn time faster

I can do but am not sure this is good longer gripping and lightning range and seeing range.

increase gun damage and range.

I can do more stuff but I havent looked into it too much.

Is that wat you want??

Well there's actually lots of things that could be changed, it was mostly running, force speed and a load of things which had to do with outsmarting your enemy. In all honesty I don't paly ffa all that often (for those reasons) so some of the more regular ffa players might have better ideas but really, I would like to see the running speed and the force speed changed msot definately, maybe accelerating when starting to run, knocking people down when you run into them with force speed and things could also be tweaked, edit the force jump to a one button tap like jk1 (it was optional as you could build it up or jsut tap and you'd go as high as possible)... that might sounds kind of like "oh, all he wants is jk in ja" but I seriously think this was great in jk, good escapes, faster moving (but you have to watch out no your force pool so you don't spam it)

There's quite abit more I'd want but i gotta go for now, of course, this is jsut what I want, i'm sure other people have stronger opinions.

:)

Originally posted by Kil'Jaden

i mean

ppl are always around trying to kill ja, they are jumping around like some other....

ctf: who has the flag dude? no good warning when someone takes your flag, no nav becon on the flag carrier eighter.

ffa/tffa: pure "ppl are always around trying to kill ja, they are jumping around like some other...." style all along

duel/pduel: ahh, first one with real "non-chaos" gameplay, but with insanely STUPID bots.

The above statement is my opinion, and treating it as fact can lead to flame wars and/or star wars and/or Mad Chihuahua's.

ain't it great:guiness:cheers mate.

Originally posted by Kil'Jaden

i mean

CTF: You get an audio and visual (text) warning. On the scores interface (TAB by default), you can see who has the flag. There is no reason to have a beacon if the flag carrier is constantly changing position roaming around HIS OR HER BASE.

Siege: WTF? Its great!

FFA/TFFA: Okay, its like Q3 . . . I must say.

Duel: Why fight bots WHEN YOU CAN FIGHT REAL PEOPLE.

Well technically there is already a "beacon."

The Flag Carrier gives off a bright "glow" around him/her until killed or he/she caps.

Telling teammates from foes is very easy. You have the Team Beacon, Team Overlay, text colors when aiming at them, Radar, Force Seeing, Saber/Shield colors, etc.

yes JA is sort of slow paced compared to games like unreal tournement since in JA u r usually looking for someone to fight or everyone is crowded in one area

but with UT u r constantly in battle plus the music and taunts add a great effect to the atmosphere of the game

also y UT is so good is because no stupid dumb *** bots that dont go oops im not going there im not programed to!

JA is best mp when u r facing real players that really play and r around the same skill level as u

JA is excelent once u get used to it and can pick out the bad servers from the good the only thing bad about siege is lagg but duel is good since with 56k i can get -80 ping on it where as on siege its 400+

Originally posted by vert1go

I honestly think jk1 is the fastest game ever, I don't remember playing anything that matches the pace of FF Guns on Oasis, or FF Sabers at BGJ. Although Sabers NF was my thing in jk1.. but that was still *much* faster than the base movement in jk2/jka. :x

If you can create a mod that brings back this speed to the series then go for it tbh. Actually, there are tons of elements of jk1 gameplay that you could bring back, in particular the weapons/force side of the game.

Ya definitely. JK1 is my favourite fps game of all time. With strafe running and junk with speed, in ff bgj or oasis its probably too fast for most people to even see whast going on unless they play it constantly. Its all about surge timing and vest timing so it introduces more things. quake 3 gets pretty fast but no game compares to ff oasis. jk1 probably was so fast that it discouraged many players.

people could warp across the maps and get from one end to the other in around a second. The concussion rifle should be made more powerful I think for jk3 and use up less ammo. Vertigo did you really play nf sabers, you might know me as hexen_vds (end_hexen)

In my opinion jk3 is much more fast paced in gunning wise than jk2. There’s more options to move because you can run up walls and propel yourself with flip backwards, and you can move faster in general with a jk3 strafejump than a jk2 one by probably 25%

"Jumpy bots" in Quake3 engine games (like JK2 and JA) are a symptom of the map maker forgetting to create bot waypoint "routes" for his bots in the map.

All of the Raven made maps have routes in them (except for the 3 Siege maps in JA), albeit mediocre ones (see DDS Rerouted for improvements to the FFA and CTF ones, OJP has some re-routed Duel maps too).

The Raven bots occasionally get "stucky" or "lost" or suicide a lot, but they certainly don't jump around like bunnies.

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

. . . . The concussion rifle should be made more powerful I think for jk3 and use up less ammo . . . .

Yeah. I find that the weapon always is rather inferior to the Merr-Sonn Rocket launcher. It can probably be corrected in any MP server mod.

I find that JK3 was definitely more fast-paced than JK2 especially with enhancements like the Xmod v 1.2.

I don't think you can really say that all multiplayer FPSs are chaotic. Certainly Deathmatch may seem that way, but that's the point. Team oriented game modes by nature have to have some form of order to exist. The extremity of that organization really depends on the intelligence of the people in the server. Obviously there are a lot of servers out there where people don't like working together. For obvious reasons you should stay away from those servers unless you are looking for a little bedlam.

I admit that at first Jedi Academy does feel very chaotic, especially when compared to its predecessors, but each element has its own form of strategy if you spend some time with it. And when those strategies come together with good players on a good server it's a beautiful thing. Just give it some time.

In my mind I have to say that the fastest FPS of all time is either Starsiege Tribes (specifically the Renegades Mod) or the old mainstay: CounterStrike. The first Jedi Knight had its moments, don't get me wrong, but I really think that game was just fun because it articulated this sci-fi world that we all already love so well for the first time. I don't think that in and of itself it was as solid as an FPS could be.

Archived