Home

JK2 vs. JA

MasterSidious

Originally posted by Rumor

and thats their perogative and i respect that but if they are going to try and make me play their way or say its the "right way" or the views of the "majority" then they got another thing comin'

I would not do such a thing, of course :)

If you look back, JK2 was a huge step up from the original JK. It put you in a third person view, added acrobatics, unlimited combinations of moves and generally made everything look so much nicer.

But then we have JA from JK2. Granted it is changing a few things, but there isn't that massive leap. With the additions of the problems players have, stating things are removed, rather than a leap, it may be two steps backwards, one step forwards.

In fact, most of JA's original features are 'been there, done that' through a variety of JK2 mods. In my opinion, there definately aren't enough changes to warrant a separate title, which is possibly why there are so many arguements over whether things should be in the game or not.

If the game was vastly different (such as JK2 to JK) there couldn't be any arguements. The games so different their features can't be compared.

But when you have JA to JK2, games that are so similar, the game appears to be an expansion or a mod of the original. And when the Similarities outweigh the difference, such as in this case, the arguements are more abundant.

Ya up close range ff sabers jk2 is faster paced by alot. This is mainly because of the combos (like what rumor said) and because roll moved you a much further distance.

But personally, for guns and straight out movement I think jk3 is much faster paced. I strafe jump quite a bit faster in jk3 than in jk2 because something different about the physics makes each jump you do a little further. Also being able to run up and flip off walls conserves alot more force than in jk2 so people can get where they need to alot faster and in more innovative ways that conserve more force.

This demo pretty much shows what I mean about faster speed in jk3 for GUNNING.

http://www.geocities.com/lllKyNeSlll/ctfbeasts.zip since free geocities doesn't allow direct downloading without a site, you have to right click and save rather than just left clicking

JK2 is IMO better because of the better SP and MP maps, and that's about it. Oh and, the custom maps were better. Now everyone is in the ''dark academy temple ruins'' style, and I hate it. I loved jedicouncilgc2 for JO...

Altough, I could never go back to JO. Why? Well, I tried to weeks ago, but I found myself wanting to play with dual sabers and staff, and the roll stab wasn't there when I wanted it to... So when I started to play JA again, I felt joy...

Archived