Home

Kotor 1: PC Version Cheat Codes

Eets

Here are all the Cheat Codes available in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for PC, including a list of the items you can spawn.

HOW TO ENABLE CHEATS:

Find the file called "swkotor.ini" in your Knights of the Old Republic game folder. Edit the file with Notepad and under the line [Game Options] add the following line:

EnableCheats=1

While playing, press [~] (note this key may vary according to your keyboard language settings) to bring down the console then type any of the following cheat codes:

heal

setcomputeruse #

setdemolitions #

setstealth #

setawareness #

setpersuade #

setrepair #

setsecurity #

setstrength #

setdexterity #

setconstitution #

setintelligence #

setwisdom #

setcharisma #

addexp #

turbo

invulnerability

restartminigame

bright

addlightside #

adddarkside #

revealmap

givecredits #

giveitem #

givemed

giverepair

givecomspikes

givesitharmor

warp

infiniteuses

whereami

addlevel #

dancedancemalak

You can find a list of spawnable items for the "giveitem" cheat on our website, StarWarsKnights.com.

But why cheat when you can use tk102's KSE to edit your savegames? you can even change your appearance and much more. You can get KSE here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dalpura

Congrats you silly spammer. You managed to go to some cheat site, copy all the information, and post it here. Thanks a lot. What did you hope to accomplish by doing this? Cheating does ruin the game anyway.

exactly my suspicions confirmed; cheaters are stupid.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa

exactly my suspicions confirmed; cheaters are stupid.:D

someone who made a mod that allows you to start the game as a jedi who has mastered the darkside wearing revan's robes, is going to call cheating stupid.

you made a modification for the game that allows you to cheat in 3 different ways, and you're downing people for cheating. i know that's a repetition of the last paragraph, but the audacity and irony of it all has just put me in a state of shock.

Originally posted by eidospsogos

someone who made a mod that allows you to start the game as a jedi who has mastered the darkside wearing revan's robes, is going to call cheating stupid.

you made a modification for the game that allows you to cheat in 3 different ways, and you're downing people for cheating. i know that's a repetition of the last paragraph, but the audacity and irony of it all has just put me in a state of shock.

It is a modification to the game, which was solely meant as a test to see what could be done and as an example to the community(hence the releasing of source code).

It also had a sort of basis story-wise to explain why you would suddenly have force powers(but perhaps you never got that due to missing out of vital parts of the game by cheating?).

If you want to classify that as cheating or not is your matter.

well, let's see. i would define cheating as giving yourself something at a certain point in the game that you could not possibly have at that point in the game. like say mastery of one side of the force or another at the very beginning of the game when normally it would take at least finishing dantooine to achieve this. or say darth revan's robes, which you would not normally get until the star forge, which is pretty much the end of the game.

i am not the one who is looking down on those who cheat. i played through the game five times myself, before ever using a cheat code. it's just something that's fun to do AFTER you have fully explored all the options of the game.

but whether you want to call it an experiment or not, by the standards of the original game it is STILL cheating. you just do it with a module instead of a code. the only difference lies in semantics. call it what you will, it's cheating.

and i guarantee i have not missed any vital parts of the game. as i said above i completed the game several times from both alignment perspectives before i ever used a code. and it would be very easy to come up with a reason why the things allowed in your module could be the case.

after all you are revan, and you were once dark lord of the sith. but, by the original game plot, you have no real way to remember this yet. so to allow yourself options such as these in the beginning of the game, that should only be allowed once those memories have been returned to you, is cheating.

Originally posted by eidospsogos

hey, i agree. completely. i was merely commenting on an earlier comment calling cheaters stupid.

oh well maybe that was a bit harsh, I meant more in terms of the threads creator being stupid(posting these everywhere) after all(hehe):rolleyes:

Meant no offense to cheater in general, I swear :)

It doesn't matter what you think. To each his own. If someone wants to use cheats and think the game is more fun that way, so be it. No one's opinion on the subject really matters except for the specific player's. The original thred starter is a mod for his site, so I have a feeling he/she knew what they were doing when starting it. The goal is to cut donw on the 100 or so individual threads requesting them. Now do you understand?

I have to agree. Personally, I **HATE** cheating of any kind whatsoever in anything multiplayer.. because I personally find it really lame.

However, when it comes to single player games, I've been known to use cheats either when I absolutely can't find a way to progress past a certain point on my own (rare), or when I've played it "normal" enough times that I just want to mess around and have fun with them.

The thing is though, that's MY opinion.. doesn't mean I care a whit if someone else uses cheats gallore their first time through a game, or refuses to ever ever touch one as long as they live. That's up to them, and more power to them regardless says I. ;)

-Kitty

Originally posted by Arianna

It doesn't matter what you think. To each his own. If someone wants to use cheats and think the game is more fun that way, so be it. No one's opinion on the subject really matters except for the specific player's. The original thred starter is a mod for his site, so I have a feeling he/she knew what they were doing when starting it. The goal is to cut donw on the 100 or so individual threads requesting them. Now do you understand?

I myself A)do not see why "PC Version Cheat Codes" should belong to holowans(why not post on general?), as even the most computer illiterate who wanted the cheats could do a google search and fine tem in no time. B) believe that moderator associates modding with cheating and therefore decided to post here C) have yet to see that moderator actually check these boards, seems to me he just did it to be lazy or wanted to be the first one to post.

Now why not remove this useless sticky and make something more appropriate that people would actually have use of?

Originally posted by Master William

Why the heck can't I bring the console down? I did the right stuff, yet it doesn't work...

First, be absolutely sure your swkotor.ini says:

(other stuff)

[Game Options]

EnableCheats=1

(more stuff)

Next question, are you using a US English Keyboard / game version? If not, I can't say for sure what key is for your console.

Finally, bear in mind, there is no BIG console. When you activate it (wih the ~ key), all you'll see is the following in the upper left corner (white and yellow):

> _

Now if you begin typing, white letters should appear there.

Hope this helps,

-Kitty

Originally posted by dalpura

Congrats you silly spammer. You managed to go to some cheat site, copy all the information, and post it here. Thanks a lot. What did you hope to accomplish by doing this? Cheating does ruin the game anyway.

Would a spammer be a super moderator? I don't think so.

Archived