Home

Kotor 1: PC Version Cheat Codes

Eets

are there a why to make revan a jedi from the begining of the game?

There is supposed to be a PC mod out there that have you start out as a Jedi Padawan, trainining on Dantoonie. It provides a different storyline than what you have when you are playing the regural game. I don't know where it is though.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so I tried to cheat myself to the nice jurgan kaltas assult rifle (I didn't expect dantoine to blow up), but somehow it won't work. It's probably just me writing something wrong. So if it isn't to much to ask for, could someone write exactly what I need to write in order to get it?

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle g_w_blstrrfl005

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle g_w_blstrrfl006

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle g_w_blstrrfl007

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle g_w_blstrrfl008

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle g_w_blstrrfl009

type something like this after you bring up your console:

giveitem g_w_blstrrfl005

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I try and edit the swkotor.ini file, but it says the file is read only. Is there some way around this?

Ok, now when I try and save it after editing it, an error message appears saying "Cannot create the file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini file Make sure the path and file name are correct."

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

I try and edit the swkotor.ini file, but it says the file is read only. Is there some way around this?

Ok, now when I try and save it after editing it, an error message appears saying "Cannot create the file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini file Make sure the path and file name are correct."

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Right click it, go to item properties and uncheck read only.

Also are you editing the correct file, should be a word pad file with a cog over it (at least thats how it displays on my machien).

Yes, the file is a notepad file with a cog over it. And I did the uncheck read only thing, so now that message doesnt pop up, but I still get the other error message.

Hmm, not that this should make any difference, but have you clicked save, or save as? Try just clicking save.

Also is that file path where you have the game installed?

Yes, that is where I have the game installed, and I have been trying both save and save as. Neither work.

Whats your operating system? Not Vista per chance? If its XP are you logged in as an administrator? Or just a normal user.

You could also just use the saved game editor...

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_Only;68852

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Cheats:

press the [~] button or [ALT] + [9] + [6]

For vista to save the ini file.

Turn off the READ ONLY and set the editting persmissions

So I have Windows Vista, and I don't know if thats why this isn't working, I've also tried all the combinations this thread has brought up, I checked the file and the "READ ONLY" box was already unchecked, then as far as edditing persmissions I assumed that you meant permissions, but i'm still a n00blet, so please correct me if i'm wrong. The following things are checked: Full Control, Modify, Read and Execute, Read, Write.

However, there is the one thing that is not checked that is "Special Permissions" I've tried to check it, but its not letting me.

Help me you guys... you're my only hopes...

If you have UAC enabled, you need to run Notepad as an administrator to get it to save properly. Two ways to do this.

First, you can open Notepad with admin privileges by using the Run command in the Start menu. Select Run, then type in "Notepad", without quotes, and press Shift+Enter. Once you confirm the UAC message, use Notepad to navigate to wherever your swkotor.ini file is, make the changes, and save it.

Secondly, you can copy the swkotor.ini file to your Desktop, where you can edit it normally without any UAC messages. When you're done, copy the file back to your main KOTOR directory, overwriting the existing one after confirming the UAC message.

- Star Admiral

• 2 months later...
If you have UAC enabled, you need to run Notepad as an administrator to get it to save properly. Two ways to do this.

First, you can open Notepad with admin privileges by using the Run command in the Start menu. Select Run, then type in "Notepad", without quotes, and press Shift+Enter. Once you confirm the UAC message, use Notepad to navigate to wherever your swkotor.ini file is, make the changes, and save it.

Secondly, you can copy the swkotor.ini file to your Desktop, where you can edit it normally without any UAC messages. When you're done, copy the file back to your main KOTOR directory, overwriting the existing one after confirming the UAC message.

- Star Admiral

I too am not able to cheat with Vista. "Run" is not on my Start menu. Where do I find it?

Archived