Home

"Resigning" as webmaster...

Emon

...because I can't get anything done. I'm struggling with some motivational problems (it's kind of like depression, but not) in my life, and I'm finding it really difficult to work on hobbies, even do required work for school and such. I'm trying a few things to work it out, but if I can't, I'll probably have to go to a doctor of some sort... So I can't really do much more on the web site, or any coding right now. It really doesn't help that I've sort of lost interest in JA overall.

Anyways, go find another web master, but I just ask that you keep my general layout and design (at least for a little while), even if it means remaking it, because I put a lot of work into it, I don't wanna feel like it was wasted, because I probably should have been doing more important things during those times.

Sorry I can't help more, but just thinking about having another project makes it more difficult to plan things out. It's like I feel I have to do this one thing before doing something else, or something like that. It's just really difficult...

Maybe I'll come back and help later, but right now, I have more important things to worry about.

Hey, not a problem. I suffered from that problem about two years ago and am still recovering from it.

According to my doctor, it's a very common sign of burnout in some part of a person's life. His advice was to drop the things that I was having trouble doing for at least a couple of months.

Does that mean you want to drop your moderator status at least for a while? It's up to you, we can always accept you back into the fold when you're ready. :)

Burnout is a bi#^ & I've gone through it a few times. I find myself making excuses why I can't work but the reality is I'm just tired of this crap, especially when nothing can be released until the whole thing is done. I'm going through it again TBH.

The best thing you can do is take a break for awhile. That's what I did for a few months when going from MoH to JK & I found myself back in my old spirits & working all the time alot more happily.

How much time is a different question. It's different for each person I would imagine. Since you have other responsibilities like school you probably need a couple of months but that's really up to you to decide. I recommend a couple of weeks at least.

Working when you are burnt out anyways can make things alot worse, which is funny I say that because I know I'm not going to stop modding just because of how deep I am in this but woteva.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Hope you feel better man.

Archived