Home

Vehicles

SWG Fan

But if ALL vehicles are make by Master Artisans, then there won't be any higher lvl vehicles... they'll all be the same. Personally, I'd like to see there be a new profession. :p One specifically designed towards vehicles, that enables a wide variety of qualities of vehicles....

Hehehe, but thats not gonna happen. Pretty sure there are only going to be a couple vehicles (how many did you see in the movies? 2? 3?) so it wouldn't really matter.

:fett:

Link removed

- Jan

Like most items in the game, vehicles will be built by engineers who gain access to specific schematics. The early vehicle schematics will be located within the artisan profession, allowing even relatively "young" characters to build landspeeders, speeder bikes, and swoops. The vehicles can then be purchased by other players in-game. When damaged, a vehicle will begin to spout smoke and even catch fire; players will need to visit a garage and pay a few credits to repair their craft.

This is from the Haden Blackman interview, which can be found here

So it seems it will be quite easy to knock up a vehicle. It will stop prices being ludicrous I suppose, but I imagine you'll need a hell of a lot of resources to make them.

No, no, no, no, No!!!

If Sony put Vehicles in SWG before they fix the major problems with the mounts, then they really are idiots.

I can't understand how Sony can put so much depth into a game and fail to spot the obvious. Mounts, quite simple ruin the game for 56k users. Ever since they were put in, I can't even go in Bestine... and I'm on 720 DDR-RAM and a Gforce 4 MX, an average system.

Bleagh. :mad:

Apparently the swoop bike is the fastest. Even though it should be the scout bike.

No idea about prices yet. Since they've been just giving them away on the test server, there's little point asking the people who play there...though perhaps they could give an estimate when it comes to resources and the like.

Hm, finally got my own avatar going...but it looks a little...icky.

Ah, there we go.

The Swoop bike has always been the fastest bike, even faster than the speeder bikes. The cause of this is it is built of very lightweight material and often stripped of none essential things.

The already powerfull ion engine is usually modified to speed it up even more. It also has a powerfull repulsor engine making it able to go fast uphill aswell. In SWG however this feature has been slightly changed for game balancing issues.

The thing is really built for speed. It's major drawback is the handling of the bike, which is to say very tough one. People have been known to crash even at low speeds. This is not an easy thing to simulate unless they bring in a skill system for you to get better. So instead the drawback of the swoop has been made so that it goes the slowest uphill.

Swoops are often used for racing, a popular sport thruout the galaxy. Usually the races takes place in immense stadiums, but "outlaw" racing do take place in the outlying worlds on temporary courses, something we will see alot of I guess in SWG. :)

Gangs often choose this bike not only because of its speed, but also it's "dangerous" image.

For a start, ADSL is not available in alot of areas. So even if I wanted it I'd have to move house, which quiete frankly isn't worth the bother.

And secondly... The patching has begun the put them ingame... dammit. :mad: I'd like to see my client run after this... nevermind my ping. :p

Archived