Home

Good news..../citywarn is out.....

dow_30

Many of you know that Zatoe a resident of Rorana was using /citywarn to attack covert rebels, and people in general. Well, this very reason, along witht the fact people were using /citywarn to keep people out of POI's (c'mon people its a game, why does everyone want to lie, cheat, steal, and horde?), so the DEV's took it out. Hopefully they will come up with a better solution, but this should help in the short run.

easy solution, if the devs where smart enough to think, they would know that people are stupid(smart at the same time) to do that. what they shouldhave done is set up a 4km or so no building zone around any POI, battlefields, and faction bases.

Or, if they had balls enough, which I don't feel they have, they could start punishing people, instead of taking away our, the people who actually go by the rules, privileges. :mad:

Start dealing with the problem directly, instead of removing feature after feature. Come on, this is common sense, you don't grief. It's an unwritten rule, but if people get away with it they will continue to break any rules they want to.

From what I understand after speaking with Secaih as my witness and with Zatoe, Apallo lied about being a Rebel when Zatoe asked to be killed to remove some bad buffs in Theed. Apallo killed Zatoe, as he asked, but since he lied about his faction standing, Zatoe came back to exact revenge on Apallo later using /citywarn. Apallo was killed.

Apallo used /citywarn to attack Zatoe. Apallo was killed. Apallo again used /citywarn to attack Zatoe, and again Apallo was killed.

That is when Zatoe decided to use /citywarn to attack Apallo in the hopes of stopping the whole thing. Apallo was again killed. At that time, Apallo called for back-up from the rest of the militia, and warned Zatoe that we were coming to kill him.

Keldor, Ryxx, and I had been Overt at that time in the Rebel Outpost messing around with Inoc when we heard Apallo call for help. I took the next shuttle to Rorana, where I was killed by Zatoe as I was trying to talk to him. My mistake for being Overt? I suppose. All Zatoe knew was that Apallo had called us in for backup.

I spoke to Zatoe for a few moments when Ryxx and Keldor arrived to Rorana. Zatoe immediately attacked them, and Zatoe was killed by Apallo. Buffed, and still Overt, Zatoe came running back to us and began his attack once more. Zatoe was again killed by Apallo AFTER we had said to keep Zatoe alive. We were not out to kill him, only stop the killing and find out what the cause was.

Zatoe fled after that, saying he would be back. An hour later, Zatoe did show up again and Secaih called Ryxx and I to interrogate him. Basically, Zatoe made bad excuses for killing people, saying that if they were Overt Rebels, they needed to die. He refused to follow rules in the town, saying that RP wise, his character did not follow rules.

Zatoe also said that he did not deal with people unless he was in a place that he was able to kill them if they lied to him, or basically anything he did not like.

His basis for killing Apallo was that Apallo lied about his Faction standing. So he killed him. I gave Zatoe an old cliche: "Two wrongs do not make a right." He made a reference to Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II...

I am not the sole decision maker of the militia, so we need to decide how Apallo should be reprimanded for his part in the whole ordeal.

As for Zatoe, it was getting late, and I needed to log. I gave Secaih a choice: "I do not care if Zatoe stays in the city or not, now that he is no longer a part of the militia. You decide if he stays or goes."

Zatoe should no longer be a member of our city.

If you really think about it /citywarn wouldn't really be that useful for anything. It is better to use embarassment to get somebody out of your town. I say woohoo to this except for militia being useless.

To show an example... On Saturday night the <Cats> (All female RP rebel guild [sweet people]) and another guild (forgot name) went to attack a imperial PC outpost on tatooine at the far east in about the middle vertically. The outpost had a couple AT-STs, 15-20 Stormies, and 4 100k HAM, 95% energy, 100% stun, 90% res rest and Blast vulernbility -- 1k damage turrets(One tough bugger till the imperials saw our two master two handers do 5k+ dmg with Power Hammers =P)

Anyway, we collected about 30 rebels some with crappy specforce pets to help soak damage. We attacked all around the base and had already destroyed two towers when about 30 or so <CIA> members came in. Many rebels had been leaving and the ratio was about 3:1 and we still managed to be beating them outside the 70m range of their EVIL! turrets.

When I died and could not be revived (dead too long) I cloned. Imeadiatly after I cloned a guy came in and /cityban(ed) me so I couldn't use the clone center. Then he /citywarn(ed) me so I would have to leave the town. Doesn't make any sense to me that he should be able to do that.

Basically, after I died the rebels held their ground but could not get past the uber evil turrets of doom. I say we won the day, almost everyone came out with more FP then starting and we had destroyed two turrets and 2 AT-STs for a sum of 36k fp =P

I hope militia get something cool, even some badge saying,"Rorana Militia"

Well...Go Affiliates and Go Militia and Go Rorana! W00t

~SK~

Originally posted by Sunshine Badass

Zatoe made bad excuses for killing people, saying that if they were Overt Rebels, they needed to die. He refused to follow rules in the town, saying that RP wise, his character did not follow rules.

Zatoe also said that he did not deal with people unless he was in a place that he was able to kill them if they lied to him, or basically anything he did not like.

I think that because we are a neutral town, fighting between the factions should not be allowed (unless it's a friendly/honorable duel). Granted, we can't stop all fighting, but when two citizens fight it should be considered breaking the law. If this is the case, both Apallo and Zatoe broke the law, and therefore should be punished.

If Zatoe's character doesn't follow rules, he shouldn't be allowed in the city, and especially not in the militia. As far as not dealing with people unless he can kill them...sounds like he's a power monger, and that's another reason he shouldn't be allowed in the militia.

Either way, I say no militia. A town ban is harsh, but from what I hear 1) He's going to leave anyway, and 2) He's named his house "Eat ME!". That's not sending a very good message to visitors, especially since his house is right in front of City Hall.

Time to pass my ruling on the matter.

Both did wrong, and it escelated into something ugly.

Apollo lied, which you don't do in our militia. Being militia does not elevate you above the law either.

I know, right now we haven't really established what the law of our town is propperly, but common sense does apply in any situation.

Zatoe dealt with this in the worst possible way. He should have gone thru the propper channels to fix this. However, he has shown what his qualities as a militia man is and they are not the qualities we seek in people.

Apollo also did a no no. A militia personell are not to lie about things, in this case his faction alignment. He may refuse to answer the question and/or deny to preform the "service". That is his choise and right.

But you do not lie about your faction standing, not to members of the militia, citizens, not even strangers to the town, for satisfy your own personal gain.

You are militia. You are there to protect and serve, not lie, steal, and cheat. And least of all, you are not to abuse your priveledges. You show any of these qualities, you are out.

Like Grask said, if Zatoe's character doesn't follow the rules, then he is clearly not of the right material to be in the militia. And I think he showed that pretty well the way he handled the situation. What he should have done was to take this up with the militia leader, Arina, or her employer, Secaih.

Chain of command.

Without it you just have anarchy.

As for Apollo, he asked himself, I believe, to be removed from the city militia roster after the incident (that's what I heard, can anyone confirm this for sure?) which puts him in a better light, but not enough to keep him in the militia.

Last I have a comment for Arina: I think you handled this situation pretty good considering and you have nicely confirmed that you have the quality to lead this bunch of people. :)

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Well thanks for asking me what happend.....umm since you didnt i will tell you why i did what i did.....Ok we were in theed and i never met zatoe befor and he asked me to kill him so he could get rid of ****ty buffs.....but he said he didnt want a rebel to do it....so i lied to him thinking he was just some stupid imp....not knowing he was part of our town.....and so after i killed him he came back and asked me if i was part of rorana and i said yes.....then he said he is gonna city warn me and kill me.....so i shruged it off and walked away....so i happen to land on rorana to check out my house and then zatoe come running at me and city warns me.....so i try to get to my house and he kills me.....so i die and clone and walk outside the clone center and zatoe is standing there waiting....and he kills me again...so i call for back up.....and i told him to stop and ryxx and arina are coming....he said somthing bad about them i cant recall what it was so i wont make any guess's...... and then i cloned back and walked out and tried to tell secaih what was happening and i saw zatoe standing there and i think i was warned again because i could attack him....so i was pissed and shot him....but obviously he killed me.... and ryxx and them showed up.and i guess they were killed also.....then when he did come back for more.....we all hammerd on him and i DB'd him as payback....and he came back again.....but when we incaped him i didnt DB him keldor did.... i think.....and No i never wanted to be taken off the malitia i never abused my right as a member....but like i said.....i would prefer you to ask me befor you start saying ****.....

All that mattered at that time was Zatoe. He was the one online, as you, Apallo, logged right after the whole incident. I would have questioned you, but Zatoe admitted to being guilty from the very first. He never denied what happened, and from what you say, both stories match.

I decided not to get your side of the story, as Secaih was witness, you were offline for the rest of the night, and Zatoe was leaving anyway having admitted to what had happened: Taking full responsibilty.

Sometimes, both sides are unneccessary.

And I asked for Zatoe to be removed from militia, not you Apallo.

Apallo used /citywarn to attack Zatoe. Apallo was killed. Apallo again used /citywarn to attack Zatoe, and again Apallo was killed.

That is when Zatoe decided to use /citywarn to attack Apallo in the hopes of stopping the whole thing. Apallo was again killed.

Sorry about this, but whoever's side it came from would be the defender. I retract this statement.

There is no way to discern who used /citywarn when without screenshots. If you have screenshots, please post them, Apallo.

It all started in Theed. Over principals: The WORST reasons to argue.

Archived