Home

Help Stop Admin Abuse! Cast your vote against AMlaming in Xmod2!

Kurgan

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451

Hex and company over at =X= team, makers of Xmod2 for JA have decided to put up a poll to see what the community thinks.

Do expanded "admin functions" like slapping, sleeping, slaying and teleporting really benefit the game or are they prone to abuse and should be taken out of Xmod2?

"Amlaming" practically ruined gameplay in Jedi Outcast, and made playing on public servers a real chore for anyone who just wanted to play, rather than put up with bullying. Now with the zeal of some mod authors to add these same abuse-prone commands to the new game... it's all set to start the ruin of Jedi Academy.

Let's not let that happen!

Let me remind everybody that if you want to amslap people in JA there are currently three mods you can do that in... JA+ Mod (which also features flip kicks), OmniMod and Xmod2.

The author of the famous Jedi Academy Mod for JK2 has removed abusive admin functions from his JA Reloaded mod for JA (except for Sleep, which he insisted was necessary).

So cast your vote!

Update: 4 people voted against AMLaming abuse, 6 in favor of it. Let's go!

Don't let the "honor d00ds" and bullies win the day! Show your support for ending the ADMIN ABUSE that is encouraged by amlaming!

not another laming thread....will you people just shut up about it and play like you wanted all along? you people are becoming quite some hypocrites

I think abusive commands should be taken out like in JA realoaded, btw sleep isnt abusive, it just stops the rule-breaker and allows the admin to explain the rules to them.

Another thing i would like to get off my chest, not all "Honour DooDs" are ignorant, childish, and say crap like "OMGOMG!!111 LAMER NOOB!!! AHHH!! IM 60nn4 |<IC|< JOO OFF t3H SERVER!!!111" I for 1 have to say i am defenatly not like that. I think admin mods are great, they allow what the SERVER (not you, the client)

can make rules and enforce them, another thing, =X= mod isnt gonna take over jk3, relax man, you can still go on the server that has your type of rules/mod.

I do not like how I am smited just because of my opinions, you people are taking it like its offending you, im not trying to offend you, im just trying to say my opinion.

"Honor Doods" can fight btw. we ffa, tffa, ctf, umm...everything, we just dont like to make it unfair for every1 else.

My last belif...I follow a code, its called bushido, (im not saying im a samurai :rolleyes: ) didnt relize i was following it until i met some1 who told me about it. The code has to do with honor and respect (theres much more)and i bring it wherever i go ....what im basically saying is honor is not bad, and theres noting wrong with bringing honor to a game, Admin mods have just allowed honored people to have their own server/clan server and go on it

with people like them for thier own type of playing. We only kick/ban/punish because we are trying to say one thing "learn to follow the rules or get out" its that simple, Play where it suits you, ull be fine:rolleyes:

if xmod took over jk2 what makes you think it wont take over jk3? the abundancy of options that you can configure a server with are prevalent, its not so straightforward that all of the options will be used simultaneously. If a person is unhappy with the presentation of a single option in jka that the xmod has made available to configure it is ADVANTAGEOUS to download xmod.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

be glad, if it did you would run into players like us and I don't think most people would enjoy playing us.

You mean kick whores.

NO ADMIN POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

There is an abusive admin on jk2 chop shop server!!!

It will be abused, who needs it anyway.

If there is an ass just kick him!

I think MAster Hex should make the non staff kick take away 10 force points or something so we dont have kick whores.

There would still be reason to use the staff.

Make the kick do from 5 to 10 damage. I like kick but I dont like the constant kicking, it takes no skill just a good computer.

Originally posted by SpecialForces

You mean kick whores.

I think MAster Hex should make the non staff kick take away 10 force points or something so we dont have kick whores.

Make the kick do from 5 to 10 damage. I like kick but I dont like the constant kicking, it takes no skill just a good computer.

I think you should shut up.

LOL! Who was bitching?

You mean kick whores.

Was it this guy...?

its my opinion that you should stop bitching.

Eh? I only told you to shut up, that's not classified as bitching where I come from but this is.

You mean kick whores.

Archived