Home

Patch release time

cayqel

Okay so it took us 2 months to get a JA patch. Raven kept saying the patch was ready but LA wouldn't put it out. However the KOTOR get's a patch 2 weeks after the game comes out. What gives?

I'm not a fan of games needing patching right after release, but if it's needed it should be released quickly.

I disagree with you there.

The first JK2 patch took 3 months to come out, and it pissed a ton of people off because it radically changed gameplay (even if it did add four new duel maps and a few new animations to MP).

Thus the second patch (1.04) had to be made to "fix" a lot of the problems the first one introduced (and people still weren't satisfied).

So it took four months for JK2 to finish being patched.

JA's patch admittedly fixed stuff we'd wished they'd fixed the first week, but blame LucasArts, Raven had to wait on them. Still, it was released in almost a third of the time.

The JA patch (1.01) didn't even touch gameplay (except making it a bit harder to do ground rolls). It fixed bugs and exploits, some of which were still left over from JK2.

Now they release a bonus pack of maps that's seperate from the patch.

How are they "not learning" this time?

And while we all sit and blame LucasArts, it should be noted that this is only the second generation of pc games they've made through third party companies (IIRC). They still seem to be getting their bearings and building up "trust" for the developers.

Believe me, I wish they'd gotten their act together sooner.

Archived