Home

The DeathStar

Postman85

The texture on the high wall in the first pic could use something to break it up a bit.... Also the Falcon looks like it's about to fall in that pic :p Then there are the "beam" type things on the wall in the third pic.. They look a little wide from what I remember in the movies... Might could use some thining.

Other than that the map looks pretty cool.:cool:

Looks really good from just lookin at the images posted, this map has a home on my site!

One suggestion would be to put a mock ramp heading into the falcon and some black boxes right outside of it (scaner box)

And in the corridor the floors should be shiny heres a picture

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/corridor.jpg

other then that it looks perfect, do you have any idea when it will be out?

You can make a floor 'shiny' without making it a mirror. All you have to do is get a relatively high-contrast black and white image with regions of mostly black and regions of mostly white/light grey, for the sake of argument I'll call it shine.jpg, and write the following shader code:

textures/yourmap/deathstarfloor_shiny
{   
	qer_editorimage textures/yourmap/deathstarfloor
       {
               map textures/yourmap/shine
               tcGen environment
               rgbGen identity
       }   
       {
map textures/yourmap/deathstarfloor
               blendFunc add
rgbGen identity
       } 
       {
map $lightmap
               blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_ALPHA
rgbGen identity
       }
}

Not, that's one of my shader codes from Oracle, a little modified. It works. Make sure your shine texture isn't too bright, or ti'll drown out the base texture.

A mirror is going to drag the FPS down into the mud. Instead of a mirror, use the "Shiny" code that wedge has so nicely provided for you. You'll get the effect of the reflection in the floor without losing so many FPS.

Overall, I would say it looks great. I do agree with LK's comment about breaking up that upper wall texture. I don't think there's many shots of it in the movies, but take some artistic liberties and do something creative so it's not so repetitive.

I would also be careful about the caps you have on the doorway patches in the corridor - they don't blend in so well with the wall. It's a small oversight, but it's noticeable.

Other than that, it looks like an awesome start. I'm guessing this will be a SP map?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kengo

With your (soon to be reviewed...) Outpost map complete, does this become the next one we should wait for Postman86?

I'm not sure.I'm working on many other maps,too.Soon I will post more deathstar screenshots from the elevator place,detentionblock AA-23 and the hangar controllroom :)

Archived