Home

A Circular Mystery

NileQueen

• 3 weeks later...

wow that is truly interesting now i no this will sound odd and it practically has no chance of being true but i seem to remember the lost city of atlantis being located somewhere around that area in certain theories but as for true ideas of what it might be i dont really know a strange set of circumstances when it first formed is there an abundance of certain types of metals or crystal found in that area are there any forms of rare composite materials found in soil samples are there any fault lines in the region have there ever been fault lines in the region i dont know am not much of a geologist but thank you much for adding to my bulk of almost useless knowledge

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize that it has taken me so long to respond to this thread. I offer no excuses. I spent a good deal of time trying to find out more about this structure through perusing varios websites, but unfortunately the one that I found that offered a very good heavily scientific explanation was not to be found when I looked for it a second time. I didnt write it's address down the first time doh. Basically it explained the lack of impact matiriel in the underlying layers. stated the various minerals that exist at the site and where they where to be found throughout which made very little sense to me to be honest because I am not a geology proffessor, but it did paint an interesting picture.

I also tried to find ground pictures of the richat structure but after about 2 or 3 hours i gave up. oh this is kind of out of order but the reason i wanted to find ground pictures was the explanation made it sound like the circular patterns that can be seen from space are actually ridges of varying sizes made of a harder mineral than the low points.

I also want to point out that in the satellite photo that nile queen linked in this thread can be seen what looks like water erosion channels. It somewhat appears like a vortex and I dont mean that in the same sense as it is used to describe the vortex in sedona arizona.

One last thing. My previous comment that the richat structure could possibly be the site of ancient Atlantis was caused by my assuming the photograph provided was taken in true color. It is not however in my search I did run across a forum of diehard atlantis theorists who had managed to fill 23 pages almost completely in just over 2 months and they seem to believe that the R.S. was in fact the location of atlantis but from what I read they sounded more like fanatics than scientists. but who knows maybe they are on to something.

Archived