Home

RotK PC Game

Crow_Nest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenor fields? Yeah i could only beat that with a friends help..Those oliphaunts just keep on coming....Eh and I don't get this..For secret characters you can be Merry, Pippin..and..Farimir? Wtf does Farimir have to do with the hobbits? And great..Now we can be all the hobbits in the game....Whoo hoo...They should've let us be like Eowyen or a Nazgul or Saruman or something cool..Stupid fat hobbits...

Well, just remember that holding down the fire button for the arrows makes them stronger, so fewer arrows/magic bolts are required. and if you get the good upgrades that are for the entire fellowship you can really benefit from that smart of a move. sure it cost a little more, but in the long run, its cheaper i believe.

Originally posted by Semicolon

Plenor fields? Yeah i could only beat that with a friends help..Those oliphaunts just keep on coming....Eh and I don't get this..For secret characters you can be Merry, Pippin..and..Farimir? Wtf does Farimir have to do with the hobbits? And great..Now we can be all the hobbits in the game....Whoo hoo...They should've let us be like Eowyen or a Nazgul or Saruman or something cool..Stupid fat hobbits...

I played as legolas and kill the witch king in like 5 secs. And got "Perfect" mission rating at the end. :eek: Have anyone you managed to complete The black Gate? Its too hard... Even with the trainer.

Originally posted by Andy867

I say return the PC version and get the PS2 version. Also, have you tried adjusting the Difficulty level? cuz the game defaults to HARD I believe. But definitely get the PS2 version, and if you have broadband connection, you can play it online with the network adapter, AND use the Headset, which makes for good gaming. I was in the top 5 elite players at one point, and will definitely get there again:)

Its too bad i dont own a PS2. :( How do i play co-op anywho? :confused:

PC Version rocked!!!!!!!! Just because you can't play online..Heh common guys gimme a break..In order to play co-op you'll have to plug in a controler...I just plugged one into my USB port and was all set. Anyhow yeah I beat the black gate in co-op mode havn't tried it in SP yet though! Great game! Does anyone know if there are any extra lvls? If so how do you unlock them?

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Have anyone you managed to complete The black Gate? Its too hard... Even with the trainer.

I finished the black gate with Gandalf on Normal. I am playing the ps2 version so things are different (controller wise) between the two games. That's where joysticks and game pads are useful for the PC.

Originally posted by Andy867

After beating the game, you can play the palantir of Saurman, but in order to play the last level, the palantir of sauron, you have to raise Gandalf, Aragorn, sam and Gimli I believe to lvl 10.

No, you can go as high as level 20.

Hello! I have this game... my friend had the Sam problem aswell, he had to download a patch or something. I don't think it was official though, it was probably a crack to fix the game that someone had made.

Anyway, his works now :D

Anyone played the palatir levels? I used to run it on the lowest settings and it was so jumpy and slow :( but then crimbo came, and now I can run it on the highest settings with no slowdown at all. It's like my PC doesn't have to put effort in :D

Anyway, the game was awesome, it changes from the film so it doesn't spoil much. It's more like a huge trailer :p except for the very last level, that might spoil something.

Also!!!!! I didn't find it hard?! At first I couldn't do the second level on the path of the king. But I redid the first level with Legolas and then Gimli, and used the points to upgrade the fellowship and then I had all sorts of combo's to help out :D

The Minas Tirith Wall was hard at first, because I had no idea how to knock the ladders down. But I got it eventually :p and then it was fun. Hacking and slashing at orcs.

It has a great lotr atmosphere, captures the feel very well in my opinion.

Still... the film is ALOT better :p

Well I just bought the game and started it in Co-op. I was, er, fairly pleased with it; in fact, it was much better than I had expected. That was until I reached the Pelennor Fields level. Argh I Hate that level.

This is how it seemed to go for me:

1. Fight the never-ending hordes of wierd guys in purple robes and stone orcs.

2. Kill the giant elephant (Ok, I know its real name but I feel like making fun of it).

3. Kill the other giant elephant but end up re-attempting the level 20 times (seriously 20 times) over until you try running into the edge of the cliff for a way to get down because the horribly screwed up camera dosen't show the way down.

4. Fire an arrow at the Witch King and he disappears!

5. Kill the other giant elephant.

6. After having died 50 times over, I gave up and went back to play some more KOTOR.

Crow, I know that you can get up to lvl 20,but you have to be AT LEAST lvl 10 for those characters in order to be able to play the palantir of Sauron. Whats nice on the PS2 version *not sure how on PC* is that with certain upgrades, you can hold down L1,L2,R1,R2 and get into perfect mode faster and stay there longer for additional mission points which will allow for yet better upgrades:)

Just played the first 2 levels of the Gandalf campaign and Gandalf is so amazing (in singleplayer)!

And don't try Co-op until you've completed SP. Because you don't get checkpoints. Which is why I was finding Pelennor Fields so hard (no checkpoints, lvl4 Aragon and level 5 Legolas).

• 2 weeks later...

I get the game for xmas and it was really good. I beat it without cheats. The Only thing that I wanted was to be able to play with Aragorn but with the King Elessar clothes, because I like that outfit more that the weather-stained ranger ones. It can be possible?

Originally posted by Rebel_Spy

I get the game for xmas and it was really good. I beat it without cheats. The Only thing that I wanted was to be able to play with Aragorn but with the King Elessar clothes, because I like that outfit more that the weather-stained ranger ones. It can be possible?

Doesn't he wear those clothes for the Black Gate?

Originally posted by Rebel_Spy

yes indeed, He uses that clothes in that level, but will it be nice if you can used on any level that you want?

I'm not too fussed about the King Elessar clothes. I guess it was only set for the black gate to be consistant with the storyline and movie.

Archived