Home

RotK PC Game

Crow_Nest

use your Elvish cloak to hide from her and then sneak up in front of her and use Fierce Attack on her head. Eventually Shelob will become REALLY fast and also jump onto the walls and summon her children.. just fend them off and keep out of her way, and eventually hitting her on the head enough times will defeat her.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got my hands on the pc copy....yes it does look better(of course), but using the keyboard/mouse to move is terribly frustrating.....even with my gamepad I am not having as much fun as I did on the ps2..... BUT, once i remap my gamepad(so it is like the ps2 layout), plug my laptop into my TV, and put some CHEATS on, then it might get exciting.. Oh yes, 2p mode is outta the question on the pc too, bugger....

MTFBWYA

after having a good go with the pc version, trainer and all, i gotta say i probably enjoyed it more on ps2.......some types of games are just more accessible and more fun on the console.....perfect exampke are sports games...I always play FIFA soccer, and the console versions are always more fun, and easier to set up MP games with(ie. at home)...all in all consoles are a bit more social, i terms of having friends over and playing games such as sports games, even ROTK on PS2

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

after having a good go with the pc version, trainer and all, i gotta say i probably enjoyed it more on ps2.......some types of games are just more accessible and more fun on the console.....perfect exampke are sports games...I always play FIFA soccer, and the console versions are always more fun, and easier to set up MP games with(ie. at home)...all in all consoles are a bit more social, i terms of having friends over and playing games such as sports games, even ROTK on PS2

MTFBWYA

Its much easier on ps2 because of the decent controllers. I hate using a controller on a pc and the keyboard is nearly impossible to use for the combos. Can you change the res of the PC version? You couldn't in the demo.

PC is best for everything except for Lite RPG Hack n' Slash games like LOTR.

I agree, just playing the demo convinced me that the PC isnt really suited for a game like ROTK, even though the PC is very good for games like Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast:) But I do find the PS2 to be better suited for games that require very little buttons, but complicated combos (like the different banes and Final Judgement, etc)

Originally posted by ExcelsioN

Can you change the res of the PC version? You couldn't in the demo.

Indeed, right up to 1600x1200, mine looks great at 1024x768, though I can run at at least 1200x1024 with hi detail.... (I have a 64 mb card in my laptop....)

MTFWBYA

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Laptops arent for gaming. :p

I just went to the store, 2 guys were playing coop there (xbox version), it graphics isnt as good as the PC version. Its like all burly (sp?)

Do you see this kind of thing in PS2?

Not my laptop Crow, Toshiba Satellite 5200, 2.4 Ghz, 512 RAM, DVD Burner, the only thing I'd change is the GeForce Fx GO 64mb, Id prefer a 128/256......

I do ALL my gaming on it.... right know I have KOTOR, Elite Force 2, NWN and BOTH its XPacks running a treat of my laptop. Plus whenever I go to lan parties for gaming/filesharing etc it is obviously much easier to carry.... and yes, I actually DO use it for work. Alot of the times I even play/surf on my tv due to the very handy video out :p

But the ROTK ps2 grafix are only 800x600 IIRC. The PC version goes up to 1600x1200 as you know. I run it at 1024x768 and it still looks great...

MTFWBYA

Ok astro, now im confused, are you having a GF FX 5600 go 64MB on ur laptop or comp? And what about that 128/256mb thing?

Anywho heres a tip for the minas tirith (sp?) courtyard.

IGNORE THE ENEMIES WHEN 150 HAVE ALREADY ESCAPED

Find somewhere to hide, only kill those who wanna play hero. :D

Heres a tip for the first hobbit level (Dunno how to spell name):

Once you're at the roofs, quickly run and dont delay. Only kill orcs that get in your way and run past the archers.

*Tip for defeating the level boss*

From afar, use your ranged attack to kill the orcs and orc archer. Then Destroy the boss's shield/armor with your ranged attack (one fully charge throw) and another one, then repeat.

Heres a tip for Pelnnor fields:

Try not to stay in the big crowd as you will die easily. Instead go away and kill the lose enemies (those who are alone/few of them)

*Tip for defeating the nazgul*

One fully charged arrow/axe throw could take down a lot of health. (easier when legolas and aragorn has mithirl arrows)

*Tip for defeating the King of the Dead*

This guy will attack continuously once he rises from the ground. So once hes done attacking, hit him with a combo to do the most damage. And dont forget your special abillty.

*Tip for defeating Nazguls in The Black Gate*

Even a fierce attack on them has no effect, so instead run away and knock down the fire and throw the war pikes at them.

NOTE: Stay away from them and they will ignore you

Now use your ranged attack and hit them with a fully charged arrow/axe/magic attack

Actually, when first fighting the king of the dead.. you can block 3 times and then attack 3 then block 3 and attack 3. This will force him to go off to his cliffs.. Just stand back and pick off the ghosts that are awaiting you to get close one by one.. then once they are dead, do the same pattern... after the king starts blowing that deadly energy at ya, immediately attack him with fierce attack, and then scurry to get behind another rock. and do the same thing... eventually, you will need to block 2 then there will be a slight delay (do not attack him at this time) then parry 1 or 2 more times, and then attack, then he will do the same thing again, and eventually after killing of his henchmen ghosts and archers, he will succumb.

At the same level, do you get this bug on the PS2? After the first bit of his health has gone down and summons more ghosts, the ghosts wont appear and you will get stuck there unless you stop?

I do get it on PC.

I've got the PS2 version and no I don't get that bug. I can successfully complete the level without any bugs. Hopefully EA will repair those scripting errors will be corrected and released in a patch for Rotk.

Ok astro, now im confused, are you having a GF FX 5600 go 64MB on ur laptop or comp? And what about that 128/256mb thing?

GeForce 5600 FX GO You see, the "GO" series are specially designed by nVidia for use on notebooks exclusively...... I do have a desktop but it used only by the lady/kids in the house. I only ever get on it to do disk cleanups and virus scans etc.... When I got my laptop toshiba satellites DID NOT have an out of the box notebook that came with a Vcard greater than 64 mb. NOW of course there is the 5700 FX GO which is 128mb, and maybe 256 perhaps, not 100% sure....

MTFBWYA

*Faster completion for the Crack of Doom*

This fight takes forever and im fed up with it, just run to the edge and gollum will follow (most of the time) try to trap him there and use a fierce attack or physical attack to knock him down.

Finish with a ground stab

Then repeat.

*Faster completion for the Crack of Doom*

This fight takes forever and im fed up with it, just run to the edge and gollum will follow (most of the time) try to trap him there and use a fierce attack or physical attack to knock him down.

Finish with a ground stab

Then repeat.

Damn, I was aware of this one. I thought you meant another way and faster as you said crow.

The only level I used a trainer on was the minas tirith wall, but once I had enough practise I can now get through it without cheating. I have unlocked all the characters now, and mainly like playing using Faramir(BTW he is played by a fellow aussie, actor David Wenham ;) ) I knwo a few lady gamers who are upset you cant use Eowyn, since she does do a bit of fighting in the movie !

MTFWBYA

Originally posted by ExcelsioN

On the Crack of Doom all you need to do to complete it easily is to play it in Co-op. Get one person to continually kick Gollum (O on PS2) and the other one to fight him and slowly lead him over to the edge. I completed it in about 10 minutes this way.

Nahs, coop is too easy, can even complete the first part of the black gate and get to the boss in 20 mins or less.

Its more challanging in single.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump again. :D

In case you all didnt know, theres a hidden ROTK trailer in the game. of coruse there is one in the main menu (yes its the war of the ring trailer not ROTK), so at the start menu, when they say "press anykey" (not sure for PS2 or xbox)

Just wait for a while and the will be music running, after sometime the trailer will start playing. And its different from the offical site. :):cool:

Bump again. :D

In case you all didnt know, theres a hidden ROTK trailer in the game. of coruse there is one in the main menu (yes its the war of the ring trailer not ROTK), so at the start menu, when they say "press anykey" (not sure for PS2 or xbox)

Just wait for a while and the will be music running, after sometime the trailer will start playing. And its different from the offical site. :):cool:

Hmmm...interesting, will go check it out(I have PC version now)

Played through the entire 3 campaigns with a friend the other nite in co-op mode, he used a gamepad, I used the keyboard, damn it was annoying, especially when you have to do alot of running(king of the dead)

I still cant do some of the levels without the trainer :(

But I dont mind, I just like the visuals... i really wish they had an Eowyn character though, Merry and Pippin and just too unconvincing as warriors...

MTFBWYA

Archived