Home

RotK PC Game

Crow_Nest

I still think that aragorn's orginal ranger clothes are better then the king's. :p

EDIT: Ok i keep getting this thingy that appears on my screen whenever i play this game, it shows fps and stuff. How do i get rid of it? Reinstalled still get the same thing.

I cant take a screen and show you, but i dont know how.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

I still think that aragorn's orginal ranger clothes are better then the king's. :p

EDIT: Ok i keep getting this thingy that appears on my screen whenever i play this game, it shows fps and stuff. How do i get rid of it? Reinstalled still get the same thing.

I cant take a screen and show you, but i dont know how.

It won't be the same as JA. Press and hold down alt+Print Screen and then that'll take the shot. Then load up MS Paint and press ctrl+v.

:lol: The PC version is screwed. Like the camera. PS2 is much better for hack n' slash style games. Especially co-op.

I have been playing this on the ps2 recently, MAN its HARD, on EASY level too !! Bugger

MTFBWYA

Once you get used to it its actually quite easy. Try and beat my score of The Palantir of Sauron (completed), Easy, No cheats.

But only attempt it with a Level 20 Legolas and Faramir. Also, if you find it too hard, get to level 10 and buy Swift Justice. Then when you press X,X,X,X you do a combo. :D

Originally posted by Excelsion

:lol: The PC version is screwed. Like the camera. PS2 is much better for hack n' slash style games. Especially co-op.

Once you get used to it its actually quite easy. Try and beat my score of The Palantir of Sauron (completed), Easy, No cheats.

But only attempt it with a Level 20 Legolas and Faramir. Also, if you find it too hard, get to level 10 and buy Swift Justice. Then when you press X,X,X,X you do a combo. :D

Legolas makes it too easy with the Elven Bow Mastery upgrade... Try using Aragorn and Gimli, Normal difficulty with no cheats. Its do-able (after like 5 tries for this guy and I online) and my Aragorn was only level 11 and the guy's gimli was like level 12. Hard as hell? Yes. Impossible... Close to it:) Still have yet to beat it on Hard though.

Oh and even after not playing ROTK for a month, I am still in the top 100 players on the rotk.ea.com site:) I am # 61.. Not bad for not playing in the longest time;) Course at one point, I got to like #5. That kicked ass. Course Darknight14 and Monkeybajo were always battling for first place:)

Originally posted by Andy867

Oh and even after not playing ROTK for a month, I am still in the top 100 players on the rotk.ea.com site:) I am # 61.. Not bad for not playing in the longest time;) Course at one point, I got to like #5. That kicked ass. Course Darknight14 and Monkeybajo were always battling for first place:)

I can find the list of players, can you give me the link?

Um, Andy it looks like you got pushed back from 61st to 66th place. Go get more points!

Too bad its only for PS2. :(

EDIT: What about the fps problem i have? (Screens show in above post.) how do i get rid of that fps and those line thingys?

I have tried an uninstall, then delete the remaining cfg files, and install again. But it still remains there!

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Um, Andy it looks like you got pushed back from 61st to 66th place. Go get more points!

Too bad its only for PS2. :(

EDIT: What about the fps problem i have? (Screens show in above post.) how do i get rid of that fps and those line thingys?

I have tried an uninstall, then delete the remaining cfg files, and install again. But it still remains there!

Try wiping everything from your LOTR directory. Backup the savegames to another folder. Try doing a complete reinstall. If that still dosen't make it work try looking for something to fix it (like a patch or your graphics card site).

If that dosen't work then I can't really help, I have the game on PS2.

Originally posted by Excelsion

Try wiping everything from your LOTR directory. Backup the savegames to another folder. Try doing a complete reinstall. If that still dosen't make it work try looking for something to fix it (like a patch or your graphics card site).

I dont think it has a patch out yet, i have the latest drivers for my graphics card (53.04)

Did a complete reinstall twice.

Aragorn - 9

Gandalf - 7

Legolas - 9

Gimili - 1

Sam - 3

Frodo - 1

Faramir - 1

Pippin - 1

Merry - 1

Normal by the way for those stats for Difficult:

Aragorn - 10

Gandalf - 9

Legolas - 11

Sam - 4

Gimli - 4

Sam - 4

Frodo -3

Pippin, Merry, Faramir - 2

Does that count?

Originally posted by Andy867

Normal by the way for those stats for Difficult:

Aragorn - 10

Gandalf - 9

Legolas - 11

Sam - 4

Gimli - 4

Sam - 4

Frodo -3

Pippin, Merry, Faramir - 2

Does that count?

Why are there 2 sams? :p

Aragorn - 9

Gandalf - 7

Legolas - 9

Gimili - 1

Sam - 3

Frodo - 1

Faramir - 1

Pippin - 1

Merry - 1

Does that mean you didnt use gimli? :D

Btw, your frodo shouldnt be level 1 once you complete the crack of doom. Should be at least level 2.

Bugger !

Ok I am referring to the PS2 version but I just cant seem to ever get through the level using gandalf at the tower(I thinks its gondor), where you have to knock ladders down, shoot catapults, any hints because I just find I get overrun too quickly....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Bugger !

Ok I am referring to the PS2 version but I just cant seem to ever get through the level using gandalf at the tower(I thinks its gondor), where you have to knock ladders down, shoot catapults, any hints because I just find I get overrun too quickly....

MTFBWYA

You have to be quick, knock down any ladders you see. Look at the upper right there should be some small map thingy (not sure for PS2) the red dots indicate ladders.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Bugger !

MTFBWYA

RUN. thats the best way. Kick down ladders as you see them, and Use your Magic Blasts to destroy the siege towers. The catapults take too much time. there are like 3 or 4 siege towers to destroy I believe, but just keep moving.. it took me like 3 times before I finally got the hang of it.

Archived